No announcement yet.

Chiefs Get Cassel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of surprised by the move. I thought with Gailey and the spread returning, that Thigpen would get the chance to improve on his solid performances towards the end of last season.

I wonder if Tony Gonzalez is part of the deal? Brian Waters? Grandmama?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

i still cant belive the thigpen td on us.

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
        swap firsts and a 3rd or 2nd next year probably?
        lol, what a way to over value him.

Comment

I really don't know about this move.
          Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
            I'm kind of surprised by the move. I thought with Gailey and the spread returning
            The spread isn't returning. Gailey is still the OC, but we are implementing Haley's offensive system.

If it is a 2nd rounder, I can live with it.

Comment

We'll find out real fast how good a GM Pioli is. There were people calling Brady a one year wonder when he took over and led the Patriots to a Super Bowl, so who knows with Cassel.

Comment

I hope Kc plans to run alot of Shotgun, I don't remember Cassell operating much from under center, and he certainly won't have the type of options through the air that the Pats did...They still need a legit slot WR, and a RB of the future, I think they should look at Jennings or Andre Brown in the middle rounds to replace LJ and split with Charles.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

i still think Matt Cassel is a fluke

Comment

Cassel is a solid starter in the NFL and I was extremely impressed with him last year. Good luck to him in the future, and smart move by Pioli to get a quarterback before trying to rebuild a team. History has shown us that teams rebuild much faster with a quarterback (Brees, Ryan, Pennington, etc.), and Pioli got his guy.

Comment

Sucks for Thigpen...

Probably the chiefs 2nd rounder this year, and a conditional 3rd next year.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

I like Cassel and think he'll do pretty well, but I thought Thigpen could be solid and they could have drafted and developed their own young QB, so I don't see this as a great trade. I'll be interested to see whether they focus on adding offence around Cassel now or work more on the defence and hope Cassel was the missing link.

Comment

Sounds like Chiefs 2nd + '10 conditional pick for Vrabel and Cassel

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                          Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Mike Florio says the Chiefs are giving this years draft 3rd overall pick. Two second rounders make sense, but I'll just have to wait to see what really happens.

Comment

The only guy you should put stock in is Adam Schefter, who broke the story in the first place.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiago View Post
                                Mike Florio says the Chiefs are giving this years draft 3rd overall pick. Two second rounders make sense, but I'll just have to wait to see what really happens.
                                Well he is assuming in that article so its nothing definite.

It's easy to assume that the Chiefs gave up the No. 3 overall pick in the draft, but the Pats aren't the kind of team that would want to pay the kind of huge-money contract that the third overall slot commands.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information