No announcement yet.

Chiefs Get Cassel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minnesota just got Rosenfels, they wouldn't have made that move first if they were going to go for Cassel.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other team is Carolina. Delhomme has a year left until FA and sucks right now, but they are a QB away from getting back to the NFCCG and John Fox needs to win a playoff game to save his job. They don't have a first round pick this year, and Julius Peppers doesn't want to play there anymore.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

OUCH!!!! He's going to get a big deal too and suck it up Matt Cassel=Rob Johnson

Comment

Mike Reiss of the Boston Herald says that the paperwork has been filed with the league.

Peter King also says it's done. Cassel and Vrabel for our 2nd rounder.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...l/?eref=sircrc
        Last edited by Basileus777; 02-28-2009, 12:40 PM.

Comment

So who do the Chiefs take at 3? Crabtree? Curry?

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
          Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

i dont really see them taking curry or crabtree.

maybe a tackle

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
              Mike Reiss of the Boston Herald says that the paperwork has been filed with the league.

Peter King also says it's done. Cassel and Vrabel for our 2nd rounder.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...l/?eref=sircrc
              That moron King might know, considering he lives on the inside rim of the Patriots' collective asshole.

If all the Chiefs had to give up was their 2nd round pick, for both Cassel and Vrabel, that's not too bad.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by GBahDunka View Post

maybe a tackle
                A RT at #3? Not likely.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by GBahDunka View Post

maybe a tackle
                  I hope Pioli isn't stupid enough to take a RT with the 3rd pick in the draft. I think Curry is now the best option.

Comment

A little part of me is pissed that the Lions didn't make this trade.

They obviously need a QB, so why not trade #20 for Cassel and then use #1 on someone else as so many people are screaming to do?

I still want Stafford, but if #20 and maybe one other pick would have been sufficient to get Cassel, I will really question the decision-making of Mayhew on this one.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I think moving down would be the best option, for any team that wants to get ahead of Seattle and Jacksonville to assure themselves of getting Sanchez. I'd hate to see them taking a LB that high, so don't rule out Orakpo, or maybe even Crabs.

Comment

I can live with that, that gives us three second rounders. I will continue to pull for Cassel and Vrabel, they were big parts of our team. Vrabel was a mainstay in our defense since the moment he got here and Cassel played extremely well for us last year when the season looked to be lost.

Comment

I don't love the move, but thankfully we didn't do something stupid like give up our 1st rounder.

A 2nd round for Cassel is good value if he can continue to play like he did last season. Of course, we're going to have to get him some more weapons.

Now I'm really interested to see what the f#ck we do with the #3 pick - I could have sworn we would take Sanchez.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Curry is the bigger need and the better player IMO, but Crabtree wouldn't shock me since Haley had so much success with multiple recievers in Arizona, and Crabtree with Bowe would potentially be an elite pair.

Comment

I'd love to trade for Bolden (Pipe Dream) and then trade down from #3 and nab Everette Brown later.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                                I think moving down would be the best option, for any team that wants to get ahead of Seattle and Jacksonville to assure themselves of getting Sanchez. I'd hate to see them taking a LB that high, so don't rule out Orakpo, or maybe even Crabs.
                                I agree that #3 is a bit of a reach for a non-pass rushing linebacker like Curry. But since we don't need a LT or QB now, anyone else we take there is going to be a reach. I don't know if a trade down is really possible, the 3rd pick in the draft is really hard to trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information