• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Cutler traded to the Bears

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/cutl...oit-tampa-bay/

and Denver debated it?????????

Per Adam Schefter:

There’s one story behind the trade of Matt Cassel to the Chiefs. There’s a whole other story behind that blockbuster story.

While New England and Kansas City were agreeing to Saturday’s trade of Cassel to the Chiefs for the draft’s 34th overall pick, there were more teams in the mix. Detroit, Tampa and Denver were involved in trade talks of their own also tied to Cassel, according to sources in the respective NFL cities.

Tampa approached Denver to try to make a three-way trade that would have sent Cassel to the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler to the Buccaneers. The Broncos entertained the notion and pondered it but ultimately decided against it.

Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait. Once again, Denver debated the deal and opted against it apparently. What made it a moot point was that while all Tampa, Detroit and Denver engaged in trade talks with New Engalnd, the Patriots went ahead and dealt Cassel to the Chiefs.

The Broncos firmly maintain that they never intended to trade Cutler, that they were approached to make the trades. But, as of Saturday afternoon, Cutler was angry to hear that his name had been floated in any trade conversations.

Now the Chiefs have Cassel, the Broncos still have Cutler and the Lions and Buccaneers continue their search for quarterbacks in one of the wilder and more complex behind-the-scene dramas the NFL has seen in any recent offseason.
    Last edited by WMD; 02-28-2009, 03:34 PM.

Jay Cutler please start hating the Broncos and go nuts and become cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If this is true.............

Get on it Titans.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Why would Denver trade Cutler?

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
          Apparently he's no Matt Cassel.

Comment

Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait.
            This is hilarious. Dangling a player they don't even have as trade bait. Oh Lions, you would.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
              This is hilarious. Dangling a player they don't even have as trade bait. Oh Lions, you would.
              Hmmmm.... Would that not be tampering? I know it would be pretty hard to prove, but still.
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                Hmmmm.... Would that not be tampering? I know it would be pretty hard to prove, but still.
                How would it be tampering? They were trying to work a 3 Team trade just like Tampa Bay was.

I wonder what the deal would have been..

Comment

IDK, I'm just talking out of my ass as always I reckon.
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                    IDK, I'm just talking out of my ass as always I reckon.
                    Obviously the side effects of losing Eric King to the Lions.. just trying to bring us down. It's not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                      It was on the lark that McDaniels might rather have Cassel, who he worked with in NE.

Please understand that the rest of the world doesn't deify Cutler like SWDC does.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                        Obviously the side effects of losing Eric King to the Lions.. just trying to bring us down. It's not gonna happen.
                        I'm more worried about Chris Carr. TitanHope is like Eric King's #1 fan though. I think we should put a SWDC suicide watch out on him. :D
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Ehhh, that doesn't seem very logical...What young QB has shown the progression and upside of Cutler? I don't see any scenario where Denver would want to do that deal at all, and to make it seem like Detroit and Tampa Bay were the ones who said "no thanks" makes it hard to believe for me.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

The Bucs/Pats called the Broncos. They were just entertaining offers. I HIGHLY doubt this was serious.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                              The Bucs/Pats called the Broncos. They were just entertaining offers. I HIGHLY doubt this was serious.
                              Well Schefter was saying that Denver were interested in Cassel.
                              Last edited by Basileus777; 02-28-2009, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information