Laveranues Coles agrees with Bengals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laveranues Coles agrees with Bengals

Coles has agreed to a four-year deal with the Bengals, John Clayton for ESPN.com reports.

Spin: Coles and the Bengals have agreed to the general terms of the deal (four years, $28 million total), but still have to work on the language of the contract and the guarantee clauses.
    per ESPN, solid move to replace Housh

I like this move by the Bengals. I've always been a fan of Coles.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Chad Johnson vs Laveranues Coles in a battle of "Give Me The Damn Ball 2009".

I'll say this much about Coles though....When he isnt complaining about something, this guy leaves it all on the field and will take nasty hits to help his team. Bengal fans should like the guy on the football field its just he may be a bit too vocal at TC and what not.

He must have really wanted a more "secure" deal though to get out of his past deal with NYJ to join Cincy....

Comment

Thank god its not Buffalo. Coles will be a great receiver next to Chad Johnson and he is the type of player that works his tail off. The guy is only 5'10 but plays like he is 6'2. Great move by the Bengals and a solid deal considering. I think both sides will be pleased with this.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

As soon as I think I do not need to worry about the bengals passing as much they sign him. Owell at least it isn't Housh.
          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
          Just let it go RWO.
          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

I'm a fan of Coles, he's a very good replacement for TJ Whosyourmamma :)

Comment

That seems like too much money.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
                That seems like too much money.
                7 million a year? I don't think that sounds like to much at all.

Comment

nice pickup for Cincy. Not as good as Housh but good enough as a short term answer.

Comment

Very happy with this move by the Bengals. The money is a non issue really and if we can get a good 2 or 3 years out of him it will be great. Should help the younger guys as well.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

yes!!! This means Crabtree just needs to fall past KC and no1 trade up for him and he will be ours!

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Interesting...

Bengals fans would you rather have Coles out there or would you rather Jerome Simpson or Andre Caldwell be given a chance to shine?

Comment

Well, Jerome is probably another year away and Caldwell will get plenty of chances I'm sure. One thing TJ never really did was be much of a mentor to the younger guys and Coles can hopefully help the two along. Very happy with this signing though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                            yes!!! This means Crabtree just needs to fall past KC and no1 trade up for him and he will be ours!
                            I COMPELTELY AGREE
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                            Coples is that dude.
                            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

I like the move.

With TJ leaving, I was a bit concerned about the question marks at the WR position. Chad is coming off his worst season, can he rebound? Could Chris Henry get his life together and be a number 2? Should we really trust Andre Caldwell after only two good games against teams like the Chiefs and Browns? Plus Jerome Simpson had all of 1 catch last season.

Coles instantly eases those concerns. Chad will have a legit proven target on the other side of him, Henry can stay in that 3rd WR role that he plays so well, and Caldwell can come in and take teams by surprise.

The money is a bit more than I would like, but when you only win 4 games I guess you have to overpay sometimes.

It also means that they hopefully won't flirt with taking Crabtree if he's there. They can just focus on taking Monroe, Andre Smith, Orakpo, Raji or trading back.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information