• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's interested?
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      Who's interested?
      Toronto Argonauts, Winnepeg Blue Bombers, Calgary Stampeders, Montreal Alouettes...ummmm, the Washington Sentinels?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        How come he did so well his first 2 or 3 years and then just got fat and sucked?
        He says he doesn't fit the 3-4 but his play also dropped off when Darren Woodson retired, some team running the 4-3 will give him a shot and see what he can do but there won't be a long line and he won't get much guaranteed...Aside from sucking so much recently his forearm was broken twice last year, he's damaged goods, I bet nobody wanted to give us a 7th for him.

edit: in his words

On his fit in Wade Phillips' defensive scheme:

"I'm not playing the position I played in my first three years when Mike Zimmer was here and we ran a 4-3. OK? I got used in the defense. I don't make excuses. I don't need to make excuses. But just take my first three years and my last four years and see the difference in where I'm lined up. Yes, I'm better in a 4-3 scheme than in a 3-4 because it's gap sound."
        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 03-05-2009, 01:25 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316
          How come he did so well his first 2 or 3 years and then just got fat and sucked?
          Basically Darren's play allowed Roy to just be a roamer where he would hang near the line of scrimmage and just hit whoever he thought had the ball. When he retired, he had to pass cover... and he cannot.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Roy's style of play makes him a dinosaur by the league's standards. He'll probably have to play LB some where and I dont really buy him being that good at it, either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Lions can take him.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                Lions can take him.
                They probably could have had him in the Kitna deal. He was probably offered first...but now Anthony Henry will most likely be playing safety for them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

About damn time, a few years back he had the Cowboys fans thinking he was one of the best in the league, and now they realise where he is.

Cowboys going for a SS early in the draft now?
                  | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

William Moore to the cowboys is starting to make a lot of sense now. But yea most of us saw it coming....we saved 2.2 million on the cap by making the move...and obviously the interest wasn't there to move him.

Comment

All the NFC east teams should make a roy williams appreciation thread im sure he helped all of us win a game or 3
                      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                        All the NFC east teams should make a roy williams appreciation thread im sure he helped all of us win a game or 3
                        Brunell to Moss comes to mind.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                          William Moore to the cowboys is starting to make a lot of sense now. But yea most of us saw it coming....we saved 2.2 million on the cap by making the move...and obviously the interest wasn't there to move him.
                          I think they'd be wiser to try and get ahold of a coverage FS and slide Hamlin over...A better move for the future I think. Jarius Byrd would be a nice pickup if available in round 2. They could even try him out at corner and if he works out, they could put Terrance Newman back at FS in the future.

But on Williams....lol. Jerry Jones is starting to look like he prefers to have a football team than a media circus now.

Someone somewhere will give Roy a chance...probably a year at the vet minimum and use him as a situation safety....make try him out at weakside LB.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            I think they'd be wiser to try and get ahold of a coverage FS and slide Hamlin over...A better move for the future I think. Jarius Byrd would be a nice pickup if available in round 2. They could even try him out at corner and if he works out, they could put Terrance Newman back at FS in the future.

But on Williams....lol. Jerry Jones is starting to look like he prefers to have a football team than a media circus now.

Someone somewhere will give Roy a chance...probably a year at the vet minimum and use him as a situation safety....make try him out at weakside LB.
                            This safety class outside of Moore and Delmas is a joke imo...depending on your feelings of Johnson. My early pick for the cowboys was Pegues as he had some return value as well....but he just doesn't scream NFL starter to me either.

Cowboys fans have been calling for Sean Jones...but apparently we haven't made the move...and with Igor coming to town it doesn't seem likely that we could sign both.

Comment

He can't be THAT bad. He obviously has some talent, and I think a team picks him up cheaply to play SS in a 4-3 or weakside OLB. I hope he does well.
                              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                                He can't be THAT bad. He obviously has some talent, and I think a team picks him up cheaply to play SS in a 4-3 or weakside OLB. I hope he does well.
                                Well he has looked out of shape for a few years now. But they did a special on him on espn...and he looked in shape....so not quite sure what to make of it. It's hard to believe he will ever be a 3 down safety again...because he has regressed every year since Woodson left....WOLB is probably his last option imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information