Brees is tampering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
    He'd be used sparsely, kinda like the beginning of the year. Pierre is a big time special teamer too. LT, Bush, Pierre... I'd like that, I'd still like to patch the O-Line a bit.
    Andre Smith at 14 imo.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

how is this wrong. im sure there are a lot of players who say to each other

"man it would be great to have you here with me"

not a big deal.
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Yes, Andre Smith please.

Anyway, as for not being anywhere close to a contender, we were 8-8 with massive amounts of injuries, and Martin Gramatica cost us at least two games on easy FG's.

We aren't that far off.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          The thing I don't get is if LT leaves for NO, he still won't be paid 6.75 million. Heck, he'll make less than Reggie Bush and will be the second highest paid RB on that team. So it would make LT less of a person if he decides to leave for less money with a team that's not even close to a contender.
          Not even close to a contender? All righty then.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            jeah having the #1 offense might make us at least not far from a contender.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              Until Sean Payton stops playing Madden with your team, you are going to always underachieve. The defense is still a mess (hint stop picking up cover 2 corners). And getting LT would be almost pointless since Payton loves to air it out so much. I understand that LT is a receiving threat as well, but you have Bush for that very reason, who is a lot of faster and more of a threat than LT is at this period.

The point of the matter is that no one is going to pay LT the 24 million that his current contract has him for. It's why the Chargers are asking him to restructure. I could understand if he took less money to play for an annual contender like the Patriots, Colts, or Steelers. But the Saints have only had gone to the postseason once under Payton. And the reason they haven't been able to do more is because of Payton and his playcalling. As well as his entire disregard for the defense.

Finally, if SD really wanted to be evil, they could wait until September 1st to release him without any cap penalty.
              Last edited by Xenos; 03-08-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                Only bitches like the Bears actually rat on other teams for tampering.
                2009 called and it said to come back when you're actually relevant to the NFL again.

Kthxbye

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong. He is talking good about his buddy only the Bears would have a problem with it.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    Until Sean Payton stops playing Madden with your team, you are going to always underachieve. The defense is still a mess (hint stop picking up cover 2 corners). And getting LT would be almost pointless since Payton loves to air it out so much. I understand that LT is a receiving threat as well, but you have Bush for that very reason, who is a lot of faster and more of a threat than LT is at this period.

The point of the matter is that no one is going to pay LT the 24 million that his current contract has him for. It's why the Chargers are asking him to restructure. I could understand if he took less money to play for an annual contender like the Patriots, Colts, or Steelers. But the Saints have only had gone to the postseason once under Payton. And the reason they haven't been able to do more is because of Payton and his playcalling. As well as his entire disregard for the defense.

Finally, if SD really wanted to be evil, they could wait until September 1st to release him without any cap penalty.
                    The Bills play a lot of man coverage. Greer has excelled while playing man.

Payton offered some of his own money to get Greg Williams hired as DC. We spent last years first on a defensive player, this years first will most likely be a D player and we did lock up Vilma long term. I don't get this "disregard for the defense"?

Comment

They have tried on defense it just hasn't worked out yet.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                        They have tried on defense it just hasn't worked out yet.
                        That's true, adding players like Jason David, Brian Simmons, Kevin Kaesviharn was a huge blunder. But I think we've added a few good players since last years off-season with Jonathan Vilma, Randall ***, Bobby McCray, Sedrick Ellis, Dan Morgan, Jabari Greer. Also, we finally have a legit DC for the first time since 2001 when Ron Zook left.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsMan View Post
                          The Bills play a lot of man coverage. Greer has excelled while playing man.

Payton offered some of his own money to get Greg Williams hired as DC. We spent last years first on a defensive player, this years first will most likely be a D player and we did lock up Vilma long term. I don't get this "disregard for the defense"?
                          I didn't say disregard for the defense. From what you have told me, it sounds like it's going to improve with your new DC. I said it's still a mess and the primary reason seems to be the lack of pressure from both of your ends. If Williams can fix that problem then great. And if you draft more defensive help, then it's a step in the right direction.

However, disregarding the problems with the defense, there is still the issue with Payton as a playcaller. I think he loves airing it too much. Maybe the problem is that your line isn't as good at run blocking. However, even during the 2006 season when the rushing yards were decent under Payton, he still seemed to ignore it during crucial games. The problem with passing it so much is that it puts too much pressure on Brees. No QB can pass that much without making costly mistakes that hurt the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                            Only bitches like the Bears actually rat on other teams for tampering.
                            and the packers. the vikes never wanted that washed up piece of **** brett favre
                            oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              2009 called and it said to come back when you're actually relevant to the NFL again.

Kthxbye
                              HAHA. 1992 called. It wants its joke back.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by russie View Post
                                and the packers. the vikes never wanted that washed up piece of **** brett favre
                                you believe that lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information