• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcons sign LB Peterson

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/09/falc...s-lb-peterson/

Interesting signing makes sense.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Good signing. Will be a good MLB or SLB. I was hoping the Raiders could get him for cheap

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

If he has something left he'll be a solid signing, knows the system Mike Smith runs and it's a position of need, he just needs to stay healthy.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

If he has anything left it'd be a good signing for a SAM

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Wow, that was quick, he wasn't due to visit until today...

Good signing. Means that the Falcons aren't forced to draft an OLB on the first day.

LB corps should be Peterson-Lofton-Nicholas. Should at least be solid.
          TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Solid signing in my opinion. A nice stop gap so they can target other needs come draft weekend.

Comment

Nice signing. Most of here are pretty happy with it. Should fill a void for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                Wow, that was quick, he wasn't due to visit until today...

Good signing. Means that the Falcons aren't forced to draft an OLB on the first day.

LB corps should be Peterson-Lofton-Nicholas. Should at least be solid.

Exactly. Now we can worry about either the DL or getting a DB. Getting him back with Smith should help him out.

Comment

Hopefully that takes them out of the Cushing stakes so we can try to trade up depending on how #9 goes.

Comment

Good and very fast signing. He should be a good fill in for the next 2-3 years.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Good signing for them. Peteson is definitely on the down side of his career now, but knowing Mike Smith and being the leader that he is, he should be a good fit.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

good signing for a sam backer.

Owner of ScarDraft
                        Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Damn. That means they're more likely to take Peria Jerry before the Colts.

This is probably a good signing for them though.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                            Damn. That means they're more likely to take Peria Jerry before the Colts.

This is probably a good signing for them though.
                            Probably not. Jerry is about 290-300 and seems to be more of a UT. We already have a very underrated UT (Jonathan Babineaux) and are in dire need of a NT.

I dont know how I feel about this signing. He is injury prone, slow, and on the downside of his career. Keeping Keith Brooking at WLB wouldn't have been that much worse. We will see how Peterson plays though. I don't know too much about him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                              Probably not. Jerry is about 290-300 and seems to be more of a UT. We already have a very underrated UT (Jonathan Babineaux) and are in dire need of a NT.

I dont know how I feel about this signing. He is injury prone, slow, and on the downside of his career. Keeping Keith Brooking at WLB wouldn't have been that much worse. We will see how Peterson plays though. I don't know too much about him.

Much more physical then Brooking and obviously is a very good fit (probably better then Keith) in Smith's scheme.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information