Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats sign CB Bodden

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968052

Patriots have resigned former Browns and Lions cornerback Leigh Bodden. Thoughts? Love the signing, pairing him with Sean Springs, giving them a veteran duo. Looks like the Pats will be going elsewhere in the draft this year.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Damn them asses.
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Very interesting, I like Bodden as a fit in our defense. I know he has had some injuries but he is still only 27 and had a couple of good seasons in Cleveland. I really do like this signing, he and Springs have some experience and those two plus Elis Hobbs give us some decent corners with experience. If Bodden and Springs can start and push Hobbs to the nickel with Wheatley and Wilhite behind them, we would be in good shape.

This really lessens the need for a corner day 1, but I would not be suprised if we look at one.
      Last edited by Don Vito; 03-10-2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

A collection of number 2 corners and nickle backs and some how they will all be pro bowlers.
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          A collection of number 2 corners and nickle backs and some how they will all be pro bowlers.
          Thank god Bartell didn't go there, we'd be calling him a Hall of Famer already.
          | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Good signing for the Pats. He won't have to cover for 7+ seconds every play like he did in Cleveland. I would expect him to have a big year as long as he can avoid injury.

Comment

I like Bodden in a non-Cover 2 a lot. It will be interesting to see what the Duquesne grad can do in New England! That makes for a grad. from my HS on New England and the local college on their team, and a corner from my alma mater (Shawn Springs,) They love their Pittsburgh guys, and everyone loves OSU guys!

Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I'm surprised he came for so cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                  Not saying they're going to be pro-bowlers, but if your corners got raped weekly last year you would be excited to see your team addressing the position too.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                    That is what she said.
                    and if you were wondering,
                    "he" is Bellichick.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                      I wouldn't really consider it a surprise. He's signing with a team that wins every year, the first good team he's been on in his career...and he needs to rehab his value a bit anyways. This gives him a great opportunity to help himself and the Pats.

Comment

LOL... Leigh is gonna go from worst to first in one year!

Seriously though, Bodden should be covering possession guys and tight ends more than anything, he is a slower corner but those he can keep up with he blankets.

Comment

I have a feeling Pats corners will fall quick to injury like Bronco's running backs.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I love the signing!
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Good smart corner. I'm guessing the patriots are going to focus seriously on improving their pass rush through the draft. These corners are solid and smart with help, but they will need a decent pass rush to do well.

Very happy with the CB signings.
                              Breed's QB Philosophy:
                              Originally posted by Breed
                              At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information