Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stallworth Detained In Pedestrian Fatality

STALLWORTH DETAINED IN PEDESTRIAN FATALITY

Friday was a good day for Browns receiver Donte’ Stallworth. As of 4:00 p.m. EDT, he officially earned a $4.875 million roster bonus.

But Saturday is turning out to be a very bad day for the one-time first-round pick. According to CBS4 in Miami, Stallworth has been detained after an automobile accident that killed a pedestrian.

Per the report, the accident happened at the intersection of Fisher Island Drive and the MacCarthur Causeway in Miami.

We’ve separately been advised that police are investigating whether Stallworth was driving under the influence. According to a source with knowledge of the investigation, authorities performed a mandatory blood draw on Stallworth, and they are awaiting the results of the test.

We’re also told that prosecutors are involved, and charges could be filed very soon.

:(
    Last edited by Splat; 03-14-2009, 12:38 PM.

Wow. That's gotta be the worst feeling in the world.
    I really hope it was an accident and not an alchohol related incident.
    If so, say goodbye to your career
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I really don't know what to say very sad.

Comment

Ughhh. I hope it wasn't alcohol related. You hate to hear about something like this happening regardless, but when you throw drinking and driving into it..

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

He should use his phone call to talk to Leonard Little.

Comment

I knew Leonard Little's name was going to be mentioned in this thread.

Comment

What is it with Tennessee players and traffic fatalities? Dewayne Goodrich, Leonard Little, now possibly Donte Stallworth? Damn. Sad story.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                He should use his phone call to talk to Leonard Little.
                Get the same lawyer he used and you'll probably get away scot free.

Ugh....the stupidity of the rich is just too much sometimes. You just got 4+ million bucks. If there was alcohol involved, seriously, use some of that money to buy yourself a damn cab.

Hopefully it's just an accident but seriously, wtf...

Comment

that's why people shouldn't drive like morons. i don't even care about the alcohol or not. there's no excuse short of he was driving in the dark and the kid fell from the sky out of an invisibility cloak and onto his car.
                  SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                    that's why people shouldn't drive like morons. i don't even care about the alcohol or not. there's no excuse short of he was driving in the dark and the kid fell from the sky out of an invisibility cloak and onto his car.
                    I've had some dumb people just bolt across in front of me before and it was damn hard to get stopped. I can see how it can happen on accident....

But if the police are really investigating hard, odds aren't good that it really was just an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey
                      What is it with Tennessee players and traffic fatalities? Dewayne Goodrich, Leonard Little, now possibly Donte Stallworth? Damn. Sad story.
                      Adding Haynesworth goin' 2 Fast, 2 Furious on some dude, they should seriously install Drivers' Ed. at UT. Can any Tennessee alum drive?

Ok, no one here ever get in the car with Hawk or Staubach12.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Wow are you kidding me?

If he was drunk he deserves to go to jail for a long long time, people in Cleveland already hate this guy... I hope they find out what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          I've had some dumb people just bolt across in front of me before and it was damn hard to get stopped. I can see how it can happen on accident....

But if the police are really investigating hard, odds aren't good that it really was just an accident.
                          Actually, that means that odds are good that it was just an accident. They obviously would have given him a breathalyzer on scene and if he popped on that they would have had probable cause to give him a blood draw. If they're holding him, that probably means that his breathalyzer was ok or that he refused the test, in either case they'd have to get a warrant for the blood draw. He would have been charged already if alcohol was involved most likely.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post

true, for some odd reason i was thinking that he had killed a little kid.
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I like Stallworth, he's a really funny guy, but this isn't good at all. Still, I think it was accidental (for the reasons someone mentioned above about the blood draw and the charges not having been filed yet), and Leonard Little did something similar and he's still in the league. Good luck to Donte'.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information