Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos your teams breakout player for 2009?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    TE Martellus Bennett for the Cowboys. With TO gone, Witten will attract the extra coverage his way, leaving Bennett with more targets. He's oozing with athletic talent and is already a bad ass blocker.
    He's also bound to be lining up at some WR this year. We didnt see much last year but, with no T.O., a whole lot of things can happen with the versatile players we have. Felix and Martellus give us a lot to work with.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• I think Aqib Talib is going to have a great season this year as our #1 CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
        There were some reports early in the offseason that he will either be moved to DT or cut. They have died down a bit, but his job isnt the as secure as an 8th overall pick should be in his 3rd year.
        yeah but worst case is he plays run downs at LE.

Owner of ScarDraft
        Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          Michael Jenkins was a good pick by deangelo. Chevis Jackson as well. Impressive as a nickel corner last season. Stephen Nicholas is one to keep an eye on if he is a starting OLB (should be). He's been a great backup thus far.

My pick though, is Jonathan Babineaux. He was a damn good DT last year, and I think he's going to become a very good one. He just needs some more consistency. He was always around the QB, and that's going to translate into better sack numbers this year. If only we can get a competent LDE.

Babineaux already broke out IMO.

Owner of ScarDraft
          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

• For the Bears in my mind:

Devin Hester - As a wideout of course. It'll be his 3rd year the position which is the one most receivers break out. 3 years in the same system, consistency at QB for the first time in a long time, Forte in the run game to keep defenders on their toes.......I expect some big things out of Hester. The one thing that could hold him back is Orton's lack of accuracy on the deep ball.

Greg Olsen - Guys a beast and has looked great with everything he's been asked to do to date. If we can find another recevier to open up the middle of the field, Olsen could be beastly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85
              too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Finley will be a beast it's only a matter of time, alot of people don't know what type of talent he is at TE, this past year was a learning experience but he could really blow up once it all starts to click...He came out as a RS-Soph, I wasn't expecting much from last year either way.
                I did and still think he's an idiot for coming out so early. He's loaded with talent for sure and has skills like a wideout. I'm sure he'll be successful but not just yet

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"

Comment

• Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                  Babineaux already broke out IMO.
                  The OP said "Which player on your team (should be a relative unknown to the general public) do you think is poised to break out for next year?"

I was basing that more on the fact that he is going to become on of the better UTs and get some more public recognition for it.

Comment

• Mike Jenkins .Statistically, he had a good year, but he didn't get challenged enough as a nickel guy to have truly had his worth gauged. As the season went on, however, he did play well when challenged. Now that Anthony Henry is not around anymore, I see great things coming from Mike Jenkins. This is a 6'2 corner with fluid hips and 4.37 speed and ball skills out there. To expect him to man down his side of the field with Terrence Newman on his opposite side, is not unreasonable. He will be tested often, but I expect him to do well when tested, considering he has all the skills required, and played well in 08..

Also, to note, our other rookie corner, Orlando Scandrick probably outplayed JEnkins for most of the season last year, so don't be surprised if this speed y (4.32 40 yard dash) makes big strides as the nickel corner,

Comment

• Mike Jenkins is about 5'10. Closer to 5'11 but, he was 5'10 at the combine last year. The guy is still going to be a great player though, regardless. He was my favorite corner in the draft last year and my ideal corner for us. I love Jenkins. I'm still ecstatic about last seasons draft. I remember telling everybody my ideal 1st round would consist of us taking Jones and Jenkins and when that happened, I was a very happy camper. :D Two of my favorite prospects.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Hopefully one of the Rams first round DL, Chris Long and/or Adam Carriker, break out because that would be a huge step at updating and solidifying our defense
                        I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

• Leodis should be nasty this year....once he got used to the NFL game, he was pretty awesome and with an entire offseason and training camp to improve even more, I think he might have an outside chance at a Pro Bowl should our pass rush improve (A big reason I say this is that TO should actually attract votes for all Bills because of the publicity, night games, etc. Plus his return ability wont hurt)
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Mike Walker should be a starting WR. Expect him to do well. Not Pro-Bowl numbers, but well.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen
                            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I'll agree with WMD's pick of Cliff Avril.

Comment

• Vincent Jackson again. Frankly 1,000 yards and 7 touchdowns is underachieving for a 6'5 240 4.4 guy, but he seems to be coming into his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information