Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos your teams breakout player for 2009?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos your teams breakout player for 2009?

Which player on your team (should be a relative unknown to the general public) do you think is poised to break out for next year?

For the 49ers, i'll go with WR Josh Morgan

2008 stats- 20 catches, 319 yards, 3 TDs, 16 YPC

http://www.nfl.com/players/joshmorga...e?id=MOR166910

Morgan was a 6th round pick from 2008. He turned a lot of heads in camp and preseason. He impressed so much that he was expected to be a starting receiver from week one. Unfortunately, his progress was impeded by a staph infection that slowed him down for a few weeks in the beginning of the season, as well as Bryant Johnsons solid play. But Morgan slowly went up the depth chart again and his breakout performance was against the Giants, catching 5 passes for 68 yards and a TD. He continued to show more flashes of brilliance as the season progressed but was hampered by injuries as well, missing 4 games in the 2nd half of the season. His highlight of the season- catching a 46 yard hail mary TD with 3 defenders around him against the rams. He took a nice lick at the end of the play too but still held onto the ball. His play has sold me on his ability and i think he can be a legit receiver.

Barring injury, he is expected to be the starting Split End next year. He has a nice combination of size and speed (6-0 219, 4.4 40), good route running, and a nice knack for getting open deep. He seems to be the type that isnt great at anything but is good at everything. He'll likely be the 49ers #1 by default and i expect good things from him in his 2nd year in the pros.

Whos your teams breakout player for 2009?

this is a tough one to be honest because most of our returning staters have had what you would call there break out season but i would go with someone on the defensive line, erm jason jones most likely

Comment

Miles Austin - 62 catches, 1045 yards, 7 TD's

He's still a relative unknown, but chalk me up as a believer, I'd be surprised if he didn't have a really good season next year, so yes I expect these numbers, he's ready to breakout.

On a side note I see Morgan blowing up next year, 1100 yards, 10 TD's, he's a stud and I expect him to show up on the scene in a big way.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Someone who will excel in the new defensive scheme. Prime candidates are Jarvis Moss and Dummervil.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
        Originally posted by Job
        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

For the Chiefs I would say WR Mark Bradley he was pretty much a 2nd round bust for Da Bears but we picked him up mid season and he really flashed at times.

If he can stay on the field which has been the knock on him I look for him to make plays in what should be a pass heavy offense.

Comment

Dustin Keller or Vernon Gholston.

Or Jerricho Cotchery, who'll be huge for our young QB whoever that may be.

Comment

Glen Dorsey will be an All Pro
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                Someone who will excel in the new defensive scheme. Prime candidates are Jarvis Moss and Dummervil.
                Jarvis "The Cockblocker" Moss? I thought he busted? Great to see he could be a breakout candidate.

For Baltimore, I'll say none other than the Scarlet Knight legend, Ray Rice!

Comment

sabby piscitelli

even if he's the backup safety i dont care he's the best

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                  <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                  <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Miles Austin - 62 catches, 1045 yards, 7 TD's

He's still a relative unknown, but chalk me up as a believer, I'd be surprised if he didn't have a really good season next year, so yes I expect these numbers, he's ready to breakout.

On a side note I see Morgan blowing up next year, 1100 yards, 10 TD's, he's a stud and I expect him to show up on the scene in a big way.
                    I totally agree about Miles Austin, I also look for Bennett to explode, he flashed greatness in the passing game at times.

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"

Comment

DT Brandon Mebane
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I think Leon Washington has a shot to legit break out with more consistent touches I think (hope) he gets this year. I know he's a stud but he can put up way better numbers if used properly.

As someone said Keller could take the next step as well and Gholston in Ryan's scheme could be interesting. Hopefully he redeems himself next year.

As a dark horse if David Clowney gets an opportunity depending on our QB situation he could really put some pressure on defenses and put up some nice numbers. Stuckey as well but he's more of an underneath guy.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                          Jarvis "The Cockblocker" Moss? I thought he busted? Great to see he could be a breakout candidate.

For Baltimore, I'll say none other than the Scarlet Knight legend, Ray Rice!
                          It's only been like 2 years, and he spent a lot of time injured. I figured since he is undersized, and he might fit better in a 3-4.

Why exactly is he Jarvis "cockblocker" Moss?

woo hoo!! mini 500 post party!

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                          Originally posted by Job
                          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

For the Vikings I'd either have to go with our second round draft pick from 08 Tyrell Johnson or Visanthe Shiancoe(though Shiancoe really started to break through in the second half of last year, I just think he puts it all together for the entire year).
                            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Brett Ratliff!
                              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information