Week 1 primetime and Thanksgiving games announced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    In '07, the Bears played at San Diego on the afternoon Fox game. So no.

Btw, it's all but guaranteed that the Dallas Cowboys will be on SNF for Week 2, a home primetime game to unveil their new stadium.

I don't think the league will use of the NFC East rivals for that game though, to give Dallas a better chance to win its home opener. Probably Atlanta or Carolina instead.
    Probably Atlanta, Carolina doesn't have the same marketability.

Comment

In '07, the Bears played at San Diego on the afternoon Fox game. So no.

Btw, it's all but guaranteed that the Dallas Cowboys will be on SNF for Week 2, a home primetime game to unveil their new stadium.

I don't think the league will use of the NFC East rivals for that game though, to give Dallas a better chance to win its home opener. Probably Atlanta or Carolina instead.
      It would likely be Washington then. They didn't make the playoffs where Atlanta/Carolina both did. Having the highest paid defensive player would be a slight boost as well.

Comment

I would love for it to be Washington @ Dallas, for Week 2 SNF.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
          It would likely be Washington then. They didn't make the playoffs where Atlanta/Carolina both did. Having the highest paid defensive player would be a slight boost as well.
          I tend to agree, now that I think about it picking either Carolina or Atlanta would be more likely to lead to a loss than most of the other teams in the NFC S or Washington.

Comment

The NFL got tired of the Lions getting ripped a new asshole by the Colts and Titans on Thanksgiving, looks like they finally wised up and decided to put two ****** teams in Detroit for Thanksgiving. Once again, the Lions and Cowboys games will be a bore-fest on Turkey Day.

Comment

Doesn't the NFL announce all the primetime games during the owner's meetings as well?

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                wow really?

that's just dumb, we were in the ******* superbowl a minute away from winning it, guess we still get to play the no respect card
                What the hell are you talking about. That has absolutely nothing to do with playing on Thanksgiving.
                I would love for it to be Washington @ Dallas, for Week 2 SNF.
                Don't worry, there will be plenty of NFC East matchups.

Comment

There's the truth, GB.

The last time the Colts weren't on primetime for Week 1 was 2003, heh.

I really like Titans/Steelers as the season opener. Both teams essentially hate each other, and one team will have to start the season 0-1.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Bills @ Patriots, Monday night
                    I'm sure ESPN wanted this so they could talk about TO for 3 weeks prior.

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                    guess we still get to play the no respect card
                    More like the 'no ratings card'. Outside your state, the Cards arent going to draw a lot of viewers.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

good Lord why do they keep giving the raiders prime time schedules! its embarrassing!

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                        good Lord why do they keep giving the raiders prime time schedules! its embarrassing!
                        Yep. Last year's PT games should've taught 'em a lesson, it couldn't have been any worse. ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                          Yep. Last year's PT games should've taught 'em a lesson, it couldn't have been any worse. ugh.
                          seriously! the only games I HATE watching are Raiders on prime time! They get seriously exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                            seriously! the only games I HATE watching are Raiders on prime time! They get seriously exposed.
                            The only reason I don't like watching it is because usually there's an awesome game on in the afternoon that would be better served as a prime time game.

The Raiders have potential sure, but why not put the best product on the national stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              I'm sure ESPN wanted this so they could talk about TO for 3 weeks prior.
                              Saw that game coming as soon as he signed.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                Saw that game coming as soon as he signed.
                                Who didnt? The fact that Eldorado (that is actual middle name) is on a team is a guarantee of at least 2 primetime games. Add in that Buffalo could actually make the playoffs this year and you have ESPN execs blowing a load in their pants.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information