Larry Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    But then you get to hear about how dumb you were to cut him for all of that year........ugh. I hate it when stuff like that happens.

...although as a Bears fan I've lucked out a bit in that department. If a player sucks for us, he usually sucks everywhere else too.
    Chris Harris says Yo!

I get the feeling he'll end up somewhere pretty quickly, even if not as the feature back. He really is an immature head case though.

Comment

Man he's fallen pretty far. I'd like to see him get things together before ending his career. Sadly I have a feeling it won't. I hope he proves me wrong. I hate to see talent go to waste.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

I never really liked Jarry Johnson but I was one of the few people who were saying that the 416 carries wouldn't end up screwing him over like it did to guys like Eddie George and Jamaal Anderson (Falcons RB in the 90's I think that was the name) and now a couple years later he hasn't done anything because of injury and might get cut...open mouth...insert foot
        I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

I'm certainly ready for him to leave K.C. He tries when he wants to, and gets into legal trouble every weekend. :P

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

I'd take him at a short term low money deal if he wanted to come play for the Texans.

How much tread does he have left on the tires though?

Comment

I wouldn't. He's a baby.

Dream Mock (Eagles)
              1 Knowshon Moreno RB
              2 Cornelius Ingram TE
              3 Darcel McBath S
              5 Chris Owens CB
              5 Augustus Parrish OT
              (Anquan Boldin)

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
                I'd take him at a short term low money deal if he wanted to come play for the Texans.

How much tread does he have left on the tires though?
                Think Edge when he left Zona.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                  Think Edge when he left Zona.
                  u mean Indianapolis?

Comment

He had a lot of carries two years in a row, but the other four have been fairly light so really he should be good to go for another 3-5.

Comment

I doubt he'll play at a high level for another 3-5. He had alot of carries in college so there's some overall mileage on the tires. Not to mention he's a bit old. Also does he really have the work ethic/drive to take care of his body like a Fred Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                        I doubt he'll play at a high level for another 3-5. He had alot of carries in college so there's some overall mileage on the tires. Not to mention he's a bit old. Also does he really have the work ethic/drive to take care of his body like a Fred Taylor.
                        You know he only played RB for one year right? I don't care how much you run the ball as a senior, if you're only playing RB for one year in college that's not a lot of carries in college.

Comment

He's still good, that OL has just been trash since Roaf & Shields bolted (which was the only reason he or Priest had a ton of success anyway). If he goes to a team with a solid OL, he'll still be one of the better RBs in the NFL.

Hell, if he stayed with the Chiefs, he'd be very productive in their new offense. He just makes too much money for them to make a 2-3 year commitment.
                          ________
                          Web Shows
                          Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I think he still has a year or 2 left. I really could care less what KC does with him.
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I really wish LJ jr was more like his father. I've met LJ Sr. a few times and he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Their whole family is just first class, except for LJ Jr. The apple fell far from the tree in this case.

I love LJ jr and I hope he finishes his career with the fire that has kept him going but he just needs to channel his rage to the football field and not off of the field. He's one of the best in the game in my opinion he just needs to be a little smarter about how he carries himself.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
                              Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

Larry Johnson: Open to Returning to Kansas City

IMO this has more to do with money then any thing else if he gets cut/traded he is going to see his salary drop by a nice margin even if he stays I look for the Chiefs to try to rework his deal but a pay cut with us would probably be less then a pay cut with a new team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information