Who are the current "Franchise Quaterbacks"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
    There is no jury for Tarvaris and Sage. They are not franchise QB's.
    very true, but Jackson doesn't need to "play" like a franchise QB. He's on a loaded team with a great defense and top 3 run game. All he has to do is manage the offense, make smart throws, and most importantly, not turn the ball over. If he can do the little things, they will easily win more games.

Comment

What makes Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan and Matt Cassel all franchise qbs or questions? They only have one year of starting. Does that mean they are a question or not frnachise. I think for players with only one year of starting experience means the jury is still out.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I disagree with Edwards he should at the very most just be underlined.

Schaub isn't and never will be a franchise QB, he will a pretty good one, but one injured at least 2 weeks a season.

I want to see another year of Flacco before I label a franchise QB.

P.S Even if Peyton if 33, how the hell is he not a franchise QB, Favre has lasted till he was 39, Peyton is en route to break Favre's consecutive games played streak and he is still at the top of his game. So I truly don't get how he isn't a franchise QB.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          What makes Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan and Matt Cassel all franchise qbs or questions? They only have one year of starting. Does that mean they are a question or not frnachise. I think for players with only one year of starting experience means the jury is still out.
          I totally agree. Everyone is so sold on Matt Ryan. Yeah he had one amazing year, but its only been one year! Wait till the rest of the NFL has even more film on him.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
            Well he is still one of the better QB's in the leauge, arguably top 2, but with the loss of Dungy and Harrison and him having a slow start last year, plus he's 33 so I could see him slowly start to decline. One thing is for sure, the Colts should soon start to groom his replacement.

The Future
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post

The Future
              national treasure 3 is based on page 47 of the presidents book

page 47 of the presidents book is a clue to the location of jim sorgi's jock strap

Comment

Yeah, like most people have said, Peyton is the epitome of a franchise QB. And Trent Edwards is far from a sure thing. I thought most Bills fans weren't very kind in their praise of him lately?

My franchise QBs would be:

Peyton Manning
                Eli Manning
                Tom Brady
                Jay Cutler
                Philip Rivers
                Carson Palmer
                Drew Brees
                Big Ben
                Donovan McNabb

I'd put Rodgers, Quinn, Ryan, Flacco, Cassel, Edwards, Romo and Russel as up and coming QBs who can potentially be the future for their teams.

I'm sure I left someone off but meh.
                Last edited by vidae; 04-09-2009, 02:20 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

So the MVP of the whole NFL from last year is not a "Franchise" QB any more?

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                    Yeah, like most people have said, Peyton is the epitome of a franchise QB. And Trent Edwards is far from a sure thing. I thought most Bills fans weren't very kind in their praise of him lately?

My franchise QBs would be:

Peyton Manning
                    Eli Manning
                    Tom Brady
                    Jay Cutler
                    Philip Rivers
                    Carson Palmer
                    Drew Brees
                    Big Ben
                    Donovan McNabb

I'd put Rodgers, Quinn, Ryan, Flacco, Cassel, Edwards, Romo and Russel as up and coming QBs who can potentially be the future for their teams.

I'm sure I left someone off but meh.
                    Trent wasn't the same after his concussion, he seemed a lot more flustered and to be rushing. If he can get back to the guy before that injury I think he can be a franchise QB, not an Elite QB but a guy who can lead a good team.

As for Eli not being irreplaceable, his understanding of the offense and ability to drive us down the field whenever we need a score make him irreplaceable to us, sure we'd rather have Peyton or Brady, but if you replaced eli with a league average starting QB we'd barely be a playoff contender, with eli we're a superbowl contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                      Trent wasn't the same after his concussion, he seemed a lot more flustered and to be rushing. If he can get back to the guy before that injury I think he can be a franchise QB, not an Elite QB but a guy who can lead a good team.

As for Eli not being irreplaceable, his understanding of the offense and ability to drive us down the field whenever we need a score make him irreplaceable to us, sure we'd rather have Peyton or Brady, but if you replaced eli with a league average starting QB we'd barely be a playoff contender, with eli we're a superbowl contender.
                      Eli has come along way from being the inconsistent QB he once was. He has definitely settled down, from the 24 TDs 24 INT guy he used to be, don't quote me on exact totals but I believe last year he had 23 TDs and 10 INTs if he can put that up for the rest of his career I'll be just fine calling Eli a franchise QB.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                        Eli has come along way from being the inconsistent QB he once was. He has definitely settled down, from the 24 TDs 24 INT guy he used to be, don't quote me on exact totals but I believe last year he had 23 TDs and 10 INTs if he can put that up for the rest of his career I'll be just fine calling Eli a franchise QB.
                        To be fair he's only had one year where he was "settled down". I think Eli is more of product of the Giants' success than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Somse View Post
                          To be fair he's only had one year where he was "settled down". I think Eli is more of product of the Giants' success than the other way around.
                          If you look at the Giants last year he played as inconsistent as ever with 24 TDs and I believe 21 INTs. But once he got into the playoffs he had 6 TDs and 1 INT and lead the Giants, who were underdogs every single game to victories in Tampa, Dallas, and Green Bay. Then in the Super Bowl came his only INT off a tipped pass. With the Eli playing at a high level the Giants were the best team in the NFL, and I will say it up until Plaxico shot himself they were last year too.

I think it is like with lack of a better word, an ecosystem kind of thing, where they both benefit off one another, when Eli plays well the Giants are one of the best teams in the league, when he doesn't they are merely a decent team. I truly believe that after the Super Bowl run, that Eli has finally settled down and although he won't ever be Peyton Manning throwing 40 TDs, thats perfectly fine if he gets us Ws with a 20 TDs and 10 INTs that is still a franchise QB.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                            Tom Brady
                            Carson Palmer
                            Ben Roethlisberger
                            Phillip Rivers
                            Drew Brees
                            Peyton Manning

I only think they are franchise QB's for me the rest havent done enough to prove that the franchise needs them to be successful
                            same can be said of roethlisberger. He did win that last superbowl for them, but regardless, i think the steelers would be a top team with or without him.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                              same can be said of roethlisberger. He did win that last superbowl for them, but regardless, i think the steelers would be a top team with or without him.
                              if you read my last post i think that peyton manning is the true franchise QB of the NFL, literally i think he is the most important QB if not player to all teams in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                                If you look at the Giants last year he played as inconsistent as ever with 24 TDs and I believe 21 INTs. But once he got into the playoffs he had 6 TDs and 1 INT and lead the Giants, who were underdogs every single game to victories in Tampa, Dallas, and Green Bay. Then in the Super Bowl came his only INT off a tipped pass. With the Eli playing at a high level the Giants were the best team in the NFL, and I will say it up until Plaxico shot himself they were last year too.

I think it is like with lack of a better word, an ecosystem kind of thing, where they both benefit off one another, when Eli plays well the Giants are one of the best teams in the league, when he doesn't they are merely a decent team. I truly believe that after the Super Bowl run, that Eli has finally settled down and although he won't ever be Peyton Manning throwing 40 TDs, thats perfectly fine if he gets us Ws with a 20 TDs and 10 INTs that is still a franchise QB.
                                Kyle Orton had 18 TDs and 12 INTs on a much less talented Bears offense. Sure, Eli Manning is technically a "franchise quarterback" but I think you expect your franchise quarterback to be elite, which he isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information