Adam Schefter heads to ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
    Wow that is absolutely huge, I think Schefter is the man and think he's a hell of an evaluator and reporter for never being an NFL player. I really respect his opinions.
    I agree, Schefter is definitely one of the most knowledgeable broadcasters.

Comment

NFL Network screwed up, unless they can sign Jay Glazer away from Fox.

Steve Wyche can't hold Schefter's Blackberry protective cover.

I'll be watching ESPN whenever Schefter is on.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I guess this is good and bad.

I like the competition that NFLN provides, but i don't get it (stoopid ******* comcast), so now i am happy that i do get to watch him on ESPN. But i don't like ESPN & I think that he will ultimately end up like the rest of the douchbag reporters on that network.

I'm conflicted :(
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Man, ESPN loads up on analysts...

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

well, it's a good thing I get all my breaking news via the interwebz and only use espn/NFLN for scores and games/draft
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Schefter is the bomb, everything is a rumor until he says that it is official. Wish he was making it to ESPN by the draft. Schefter+Kiper=draft bliss

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
              Originally posted by Job
              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I think NFLN should have sucked up and paid the man. I knew contract negotiations were going south. Schef was looking for big bucks and NFLN should have paid. But I don't know all the details.
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Man this sucks, I loved Schefter on NFLN and now IDK if they have any other decent reporters... Although I am a big fan of Mary Strong and Lindsey Soto. :)

I'm thinking that Steve Wyche is going to be the replacement for Schefter, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    I think NFLN should have sucked up and paid the man. I knew contract negotiations were going south. Schef was looking for big bucks and NFLN should have paid. But I don't know all the details.
                    Ever think that was the network and not Schefter? I mean after all it is the network owned by the NFL. I guess we'll really see how respected Schefter is in the biz without the NFLN backing him. I doubt they would have let him walk if he meant so much to the network.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                      I guess we'll really see how respected Schefter is in the biz without the NFLN backing him.
                      I forgot about that, I remember now that teams are obligated to let the NFLN do basically whatever they want.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I'm excited as I don't have NFLN anymore, ESPN has some solid guys and is improving from a few years ago when Salisbury was the go to guy. If only they would cut Merril Hodge, because I like Dilfer and Schlereth is even ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          I forgot about that, I remember now that teams are obligated to let the NFLN do basically whatever they want.
                          Yup, exactly. I mean all they have to do is find a nice little nerd and give him a blackberry that feeds off of any NFL news and bam Schefter 2.0

I will admit though I did like his reporting and anaylsis of trades/events in the NFL. He usually approaches them with a level headed, non-agenda-ish, approach.

Comment

NFLN feels a little emptier leading up to the draft this time around without Schefter. Definitely a big blow, but Mayock and Casserly together are pretty good on Path to the Draft. I still like Faulk too.

Comment

Cool. I'm losing NFLN on May 1st due to Comca$t anyways..

Comment

As long as NFLN holds onto Casserly, I'm happy. Casserly is better than anyone on any other sports channel. Sure, he won't be breaking news like Shefter, but he provides the best analysis of anyone.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information