No announcement yet.

Anquan Boldin... a HoF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he lands into a situation where he gets to step out of Fitzgerald's shadow and can keep his production up, then he's got a great shot. For a guy like Boldin, long term consistency is going to be his path to the Hall.

Comment

if he leaves Arizona i dont think he'll see the same kindof numbers, so im going to say no.

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
        Sorry, I'm trying to settle a dispute lol. I don't think he is.
        Oh, no worries. I wasn't ripping on you for making the thread, just my opinion on him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Highagain View Post
          Statistically it is difficult to argue Boldin over Wayne or Johnson at this point.
          yeah sure Wayne has good/great numbers, but look at his QB?
          an Johnson had Carson for all those years.

Boldin didnt have a good QB till last season

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Statistically it is difficult to argue Boldin over Wayne or Johnson at this point.
            Stats doesn't make them better.

Wayne catches passes from Peyton Manning while Boldin has caught passes from losers for most of his career.

Johnson has played a few more seasons and his play has dropped recently. He needs a huge rebound year next year. Not to mention he caught a lot of those passes from Carson.

Comment

It didn't seem to effect either Fitzgerald or Boldin so that QB argument is garbage in my opinion. Calvin Johnson put up big numbers with who at quarterback?

Boldin has also played on a terrible team (until last season) his entire career. Wayne has a ring and a lot of wins. Johnson has been much more consistent than Boldin from a statistical perspective.
              Last edited by Highagain; 04-19-2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

if he keeps up his production, absolutely. he'll easily make it into the HoF.

you can't say he's a HoFamer right now though, no way.

RIP ST

Comment

It didn't seem to effect either Fitzgerald or Boldin so that QB argument is garbage in my opinion. Calvin Johnson put up big numbers with who at quarterback?
                  Calvin Johnson is God and an incredible football player. Just like Boldin.

When Larry came into the league he had a bonified #1 receiver on the other side. That's the difference.

Comment

haha you jus proved our point
                    Fitz, Boldin an Calvin put up great numbers with a bad QB, which means theres better then Chad an Wayne

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                      Fitz, Boldin an Calvin put up great numbers with a bad QB, which means theres better then Chad an Wayne

Comment

Boldin has also played on a terrible team (until last season) his entire career. Wayne has a ring and a lot of wins. Johnson has been much more consistent than Boldin from a statistical perspective.
                        i dont buy that whole "oh wayne has a ring" deal. if Boldin was on the Colts then he'd have a ring too
                        jus cuz Boldin has been on bad teams doesnt make him less of a great football player

Sig by BK

Comment

I guess Marvin Harrison is garbage too, he was just putting up big numbers because of Manning.

Comment

i dont buy that whole "oh wayne has a ring" deal. if Boldin was on the Colts then he'd have a ring too
                            jus cuz Boldin has been on bad teams doesnt make him less of a great football player
                            So who's to say Wayne wouldn't have put up bigger numbers than Boldin in Arizona? It's purely speculation.

Comment

I guess Marvin Harrison is garbage too, he was just putting up big numbers because of Manning.
                              pretty much :)

but i dont recall calling Wayne garbage..

Sig by BK

Comment

It's gonna be hard to get in the HOF as a wideout with how offenses work these days. The standard for statistics isn't the same as it was for guys before the '90s because the passing game has been inflated, mainly by new rules. If Cris Carter is a 3rd ballot HOF, then guys who are considered the 8th or 9th best WR of their generation won't get past the preliminary ballot. Boldin can be a HOF though if he does what he's been doing for a really long time and becomes one of the top WRs of his era.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information