Vince Young just gets it wrong...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince Young just gets it wrong...

Even when he's trying really hard to say the right thing - and credit to him - he just doesn't quite get it right.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4082898

"I am going to smile and shut up and continue being Vince Young, a happy smiling guy. I am not going to get into the hoopla any more because of the fact I can't win any more, I see."

This is a kind of accidental praeteritio (where you mention something by claiming to not mention it). Basically, he is saying that he is not going to moan, and then having a good old moan about how he just can't win because everything is turned against him.

"If they want me to sit on the sideline and be there to watch the game then that is OK with me, but at the same time I am getting my checks and I am fine."

I thought this guy's main appeal was supposed to be his competitive spirit? I really hope he doesn't actually mean that he's happy just picking up his check, whether he's playing or not - but that's what he's just said.

I quite like Young, but it's looking to me like he's lost his head, heart and balls all in one...
    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

He did when he was at texas, but remember the whole saga from a year ago? The guy had a very bad response to being benched and its destroyed him mentally. The guy is not very mature

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
    Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
    I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
    LOL props to Paul

Comment

ahahahahahahha I love it. The less I see Vince Young playing the happier I am.
      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
      Just let it go RWO.
      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

He'll never again be a full-time starter in the NFL. Much to my chagrin.

Comment

Another Vince Young thread! Hadn't had one of these in a while! Where's Shiver?

Aside from dropping the 3rd person, I don't see anything wrong with his comments. He says he's gonna keep his mouth shut and work hard, which means he's lost his mind, heart, and testicular fortitude?
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I honestly think the coaching staff doesn't care anymore. Theyve already cut their losses with him.

They made their decision, and have already moved on. Props to Fisher for having the testicular fortitude to recognize the issue and nip it in the butt before letting it drag on for a couple more years.

Comment

I had no problem with anything he said before this line.

If they want me to sit on the sideline and be there to watch the game then that is OK with me, but at the same time I am getting my checks and I am fine.
              You never want to hear that from any player on your team, big or small. Pulling the old "Whatever I'm going to get paid anyways" bit will always be construed as lack of heart and dedication.

Comment

He's not even that good anyway
                Just let it go RWO.
                We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall

Comment

Originally posted by RWO
                  ahahahahahahha I love it. The less I see Vince Young playing the happier I am.
                  Originally posted by RWO
                  He's not even that good anyway
                  Stop trying to hide your love for VY, RWO! It'll tear ya from the inside out if ya hold it in for any longer! :D
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I wish he was still starting for the Titans.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I hate QB's that run the ball. I hated Vick and I hate VY.
                      Just let it go RWO.

John Wall

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        I wish he was still starting for the Titans.
                        Me too Geo.

Comment

I wish that somebody could hold the ESPN types that were calling out Casserly for taking Mario ahead of Vince and Reggie accountable. That was probably the best call in the recent history of the draft. The pressure that people were putting on him to take Bush or Young...good call Charlie.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso
                            I wish that somebody could hold the ESPN types that were calling out Casserly for taking Mario ahead of Vince and Reggie accountable. That was probably the best call in the recent history of the draft. The pressure that people were putting on him to take Bush or Young...good call Charlie.
                            That was an awesome draft all together. Williams, Demeco Ryans, Eric Winston, Owen Daniels, and contributors in Charles Spencer, Wali Lundy, and David Anderson.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

It's obvious that Young has some mental issues, I don't think it has anything to do with maturity. It's a shame that his career has gotten so derailed.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information