No announcement yet.

Jake Delhomme Re-Signs...5 years, $42.5 million

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to take that quote out of my sig at some point. I still probably will, but its going to take a lot more to pry it out than it would have before.

Thank you Blindsite.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      I was going to take that quote out of my sig at some point. I still probably will, but its going to take a lot more to pry it out than it would have before.

Thank you Blindsite.
      Haha that signature is gold.

Comment

This news offsets the bad news of Gonzalez coming to the NFC South

Comment

Blindsite is so pissed that the other Panther fan that's posted in this thread doesn't agree with him, he just hit me with negative reputation and his reason was....

Read the post you jackass
          Guess he doesn't understand that I read his post and think he's an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
            not a skins fan, just a Sean Taylor fan.

as a raiders and bengals fan, i have a lot more to be pissed about.
            Raiders and Bengals, man gee, I'm sorry, remember suicide is never the answer ok?

Originally posted by JPF View Post
            This has nothing to do with Matt Moore. I think he's a disaster waiting to happen and wish other Panther fans would get off that party line.

This has to do with you justifying giving a QB 20 mill guaranteed that clearly isn't worth anywhere near that much. And Jake Delhomme at this point, I wouldn't even call an average QB.
            Then answer me this:
            If you have a player whose strengths, weaknesses, tendencies and nature you know who has a great chemistry with the players around him who costs you anywhere from 4.7-8 million and only ever 8.2 million if he performs at an amazingly good level and you have approximately 25c in cap space due to a defensive end being a moron why would you get rid of him for players who aren't as good, or won't be as good?

There's no QB on the free agent market right not who know the system or could adapt in time to be an upgrade over Delhomme.

Unless you'd rather we'd signed Losman, or Simms?

There's no one in the draft we can afford to pick up this year either, Bomar is going to cost a second because at the Panthers' draft position 3rd round will be too late.

In that time the team needs to find a replacement nickel cornerback or at least some insurance in case CJ can't fill the role and a guard backup who can play.

This all has to be done at a discount.

This is the best POSSIBLE, PRACTICAL move the team had at it's disposal. The cap this year is something like 118 million dollars. The team at least has some stability at the position, if he wasn't extended he'd have cost the team more this season and been a free agent next year, if he walked we'd have McCown and Moore and that's it.

Comment

Isn't Delhomme like mid-thirties already? This contract must pay out so that they can cut him easily if he plays like **** this year or next.

Comment

No one ever said get rid of him, what was said was don't give him 20 million guaranteed because he's clearly not worth it.

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                Isn't Delhomme like mid-thirties already? This contract must pay out so that they can cut him easily if he plays like **** this year or next.
                He's 34.

I think it's time to call a spade a spade and move on. This move isn't one I agree with as a Panther fan because I just don't see where other than a little bit of cap room, there's an upside to this move. There's not really anything else to be said.
                Last edited by JPF; 04-23-2009, 05:55 PM.

Comment

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by JPF View Post
                    No one ever said don't get rid of him, what was said was don't give him 20 million guaranteed because he's clearly not worth it.
                    It's four million a year... It's nothing for a Quarterback the cap for the 2009 season is 127 million

That's like 3% of the cap.

OMG the starting QB for a 12-4 team is costing them anywhere from 3-6% of their cap space.

He'll probably only end up costing the franchise 4 million per year for the last three of the five years unless he retires (a huge possibility) or gets cut(a huge possibility), or if they don't restructure him in that time (which they will do when he gets benched).

Never have I seen such blatant bull-headed will to ignore whats clear.

Panthers have a starting QB for 2 more years at most who's going to cost at most 6% of the cap space.

It's not a bad move, it's just a move, not great, not bad, just a move to keep some stability in the organisation.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                      It's four million a year...
                      42.5 / 5 = 4?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        42.5 / 5 = 4?
                        Duh. Everyone knows that.

Comment

This is a smart move.

This is a smart move.

This is a smart move.

This is a ... Nope... Still doesn't sound right.

WTF?

Comment

bahahahhaaa

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                              Smash and Dash just put their heads through a wall.
                              Why would LenDale White and Chris Johnson mind?

;)

Comment

I honoustly thought this was a joke at first

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information