Petitgout and Bucs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Who is the Giants starting LT going to be btw?

The Giants reak oddly of a team looking to rebuild, considering all the players they've shipped out for nothing in return as of late.
    Moving David D over or trying out Guy Whimper. No we just undoing the crud that Ernie Accorsi had done throughout the last 3 years or so. Reese wants the team younger on bothsides of the ball

Comment

As for the Giants, I think cutting Petitgout, from an organizational perspective in regards to efficiency, is fine. But this is a critical year in Eli's developmental process, and gambling on Diehl/Whimper at LT is a big risk. I expect them to make a play for a 2nd tier veteran tackle and to perhaps bring someone in the draft, although probably not early, to provide for competition. Perhaps someone like Brandon Frye in the midrounds, who could also provide some depth inside.

Comment

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, its 3 years, 6 million.
        WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

What a steal for Tampa.

2 million a year for a player that is easily better than Leonard Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by magicfan39126 View Post
          WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

What a steal for Tampa.

Wow. I gotta say that it was a terrible move for us to let him go. I didnt like it then, I hate it now

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

What a steal for Tampa.

Yeah but now depends on his leg, back spasms, and false starts. That's good if he can show he can be healthy. It is a risk move, but for that much I would do it too. Much better than what we were paying him.

Comment

i just thought it was a matter of time, great move for them, seems like there tryign to head in the right direction

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Comment

Bucs are quietly doing a very nice job in FA, while (unlike other teams) keeping their salary cap friendly for future seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                    Wow. I gotta say that it was a terrible move for us to let him go. I didnt like it then, I hate it now
                    Except we weren't paying him that money. We were paying him a lot more. They said after we cut him the Giants were definately willing to talk about re-signing him at a lower cost. But Luke took it very personal we cut him in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      Except we weren't paying him that money. We were paying him a lot more. They said after we cut him the Giants were definately willing to talk about re-signing him at a lower cost. But Luke took it very personal we cut him in the first place.
                      Yup....

Peitgout was due to make over $6 million per year for the next 2 seasons.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post

Yeah, the Giants were in a tough spot. They didn't wanna pay Luke's original salary but the guy was offended when he was cut, making it impossible for them to re-sign him cheaper.

Comment

I like it.. He is easily an upgrade over Anthony Davis

"Free-agent tackle Luke Petitgout has reached agreement with Tampa Bay on a three-year, $15.5 million deal that includes a $3 million signing bonus. "

Comment

Yeah, the Giants were in a tough spot. They didn't wanna pay Luke's original salary but the guy was offended when he was cut, making it impossible for them to re-sign him cheaper.
                            Yeah but our new GM must have saw something in him that he didnt like. I never was a LUke fan anyways, so I am glad he is gone.

Comment

If the Bucs get Calvin Johnson their offense is going to be fantastic. Although they will have to be, with that deteriorating defense.

Comment

Helps that terrible offensive line that they send out there year in and out; Dan Buenning is prolly the most consistent

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information