Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 6 teams who won't make the playoffs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wicket View Post
    Vikings (misses playoffs due to SoS)
    If the vikings miss the playoffs it wont because of Strength of Schedule. We have the 2nd easiest schedule in the league. Our first five games are against teams that had top 10 picks this year. So if we miss the playoffs its because of Lack of QB play.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
      If the vikings miss the playoffs it wont because of Strength of Schedule. We have the 2nd easiest schedule in the league. Our first five games are against teams that had top 10 picks this year.

So if we miss the playoffs its because of Lack of QB play.
      Losing the Williamses for 4 games also won't help. If you struggle and get down 1-3 or even 0-4 without them, and a team, say the Bears, jumps out to a quick start, it might be enough to do you in as well in addition to the QB issue.

Comment

i can see the vikes and dolphins missing the playoffs this year.
        Vikings have such a talented team and to me, it is such a waste that they dont have a QB that can lead all that talent.

as for the dolphins, i feel they will come back down to earth. i dont see a terrible season as i feel they are well coached, but nothing to the extent they were last season.

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          Losing the Williamses for 4 games also won't help. If you struggle and get down 1-3 or even 0-4 without them, and a team, say the Bears, jumps out to a quick start, it might be enough to do you in as well in addition to the QB issue.
          I cant see us going 1-3 vs the Browns, Lions, Niners and Packers. At best I see us going 3-1 and at worse 2-2. Sure losing the Williamses will hurt us for those 4 games but I think the Back ups can come in and do decent enough for the vikings to succeed in those 4 games.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

My 6 teams would be:

Miami Dolphins: Last year, the Dolphins made playoffs. They did this through a combination of Bernard Pollard, players playing very well and a unknown offense that teams didn't know how to deal with. This year, Brady will be back and teams have had a year looking at the Wildcat. The Dolphins will struggle to replicate last years success.

Tennessee Titans: The Titans play in one of the toughest divisions in football. The Colts have improved, the Texans have improved and the Jaguars have improved. The Titans lost their best player and the focal point of their defense. In my opinion, the rest of their D-Line will suffer in his absence. I don't believe they will have a complete nose dive, but I feel they are 3rd in that division and 3rd mightn't be enough to make playoffs.

Arizona Cardinals: Teams don't always rebound well from a Superbowl loss. The Cardinals also play in a division that will almost certainly not get a Wild Card slot. So if either the Seahawks, or the 49ers, were to pip the Cardinals to the NFC West then the Cardinals will miss playoffs.

Carolina Panthers: The top three teams in the NFC South are all pretty close together. Any of the three of them could win the division, and given the difficult schedule NFC South teams face, there may only be one team from the South in the playoffs. Personally, I would put the Panthers 3rd in that division, so even if there is a Wild Card team there, I can't see it being the Panthers.

Atlanta Falcons: Again, there could be only one team from the NFC South in the playoffs and the Saints could always top the division. The Falcons may also be a one-hit wonder, but I can't see it. I feel the Falcons will get playoffs, but there is always a chance that they won't.

Baltimore Ravens: There is always a chance that the Ravens, if Cincinatti and Cleveland are better, and Pittsburgh continue their dominance in that division, then the Ravens could miss out on the Wild Card spot. I don't feel they have what is needed to win the AFC North and if they don't win enough games then a team like the Jets etc could pip them to the Wild Card.
            Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

If the vikings miss the playoffs it wont because of Strength of Schedule. We have the 2nd easiest schedule in the league. Our first five games are against teams that had top 10 picks this year. So if we miss the playoffs its because of Lack of QB play.
              Sorry I wasnt clear there. The SoS will be the tiebreaker for the wild card and they will lose out because of that.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I cant see us going 1-3 vs the Browns, Lions, Niners and Packers. At best I see us going 3-1 and at worse 2-2. Sure losing the Williamses will hurt us for those 4 games but I think the Back ups can come in and do decent enough for the vikings to succeed in those 4 games.
                The Lions played you tough both times last year, and they can really only get better from there. Odds are that Stafford won't be starting that early and Culpepper would give them a slightly better chance to win.

The 49ers could be a surprise team this year. Depending on how Hill plays, they could be a more dangerous team than you think right now.

The Browns are just two years removed from a very good season and it's possible that last year was just the aberration. Plus Mangini gave the Jets a huge boost his first year there and could do the same for the Browns who still have some talented players who just need to find themselves again like Quinn or Anderson, Edwards, and on their d-line.

And then theres the Packers who split their series with you last year and depending on how the 3-4 transition goes, could be a tough matchup.

I could see a 1-3 or even 0-4 if your QBs suck it up and the Williamses are out. Sure the backups could play great....but if they were great, odds are they wouldn't be backups, and that also kills your ability to rotate as effectively so they could easily get worn out as the games go along as many DT's do.

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                  I think having Fat Al in there helped those guys be all pro and get all those sacks. I am not saying the Titans won't make the playoffs but Fat Al is a huge loss and I don't think the defense will have any where near the amount of sacks they had last year.
                  The All-Pro's are in the secondary, with Cortland Finnegan and Michael Griffin. Plus, Pro Bowlers in Kyle Vanden Bosch, who struggled with a groin injury for over half of the season and missed 6 games, Keith Bulluck, and Chris Hope. So having them spread out helps compliment one another.

Haynesworth was the 2nd biggest reason for the success of the Titans DL last season. It was the depth that was the key factor, as that allowed all of the players to be rotated routinely. Without the quality players behind Haynesworth in Jason Jones and Kevin Vickerson, the defense would have looked like it did in '07 when AH was the difference between winning and losing, and AH wouldn't have been as effective as he gets winded easily and struggles with hamstring injuries. The Titans defeated the Steelers without AH or KVB playing, and the starting DL of Dave Ball/Tony Brown/Jason Jones/Jevon Kearse helped limit the Steelers RB's to 2.7 YPC and sacked Big Ben 5 times - 4 by DT's.

It's the system, and AH thrived in it. He's the best DT in the NFL, but it was because of the Titans that he was able to fulfill his potential. Watch the Redskins not get the same DT that was in Tennessee. They have too much money tied into him, so they'll play him 20% more than the Titans played him. That'll cause him to get winded easier, which will bring on effort issues, and increases the chances of an injury, which he won't play through because he's now making the money he wants. As a Vols and Titans fan, I hope the Washington coaches don't do this because an thriving Haynesworth in the NFC is fine and I'm still a fan on his.

The Titans will be fine. You don't replace the best DT in the NFL, but a 5-deep rotation of Tony Brown/Jason Jones/Kevin Vickerson/Jovan Haye/Sen'Derrick Marks helps stop the bleeding.

If anything, it's stopping the run that's the issue I'm most worried about.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Yea my mistake on the all pro thing. Anyway I wasn't saying they won't be ok I am just saying they won't get as many sacks or close to how many they had last year. Yes your line won't be torn apart from the loss but you will see the difference.
                    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                    Just let it go RWO.
                    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

ya the media hates the Cardinals we get it, but until proven otherwise we are the best team in the NFC

Comment

Definitely the Vikings, for one overwhelming reason: they are expected to sign Favre.

Coming off bicep surgery on his throwing arm, 40 yrs. old, his head so swelled & full of himself he has no idea that the rest of the universe doesn't revolve around him. Just on his recent track rcd. alone, clearly his passes don't have that zip on them anymore, & he singlehandedly threw away half the games on the Jets' schedule last yr. The guy takes playoff-caliber teams & makes them mediocre or worse, & creates a media firestorm dragged out into wks. & months about his indecision to retire, anything to keep the spotlight on him. Vikes opponents DBs will love seeing him start though b/c he's good for 1.5 INTs/game on the avg.

Sage Rosenfels said he wanted to start before he went to Minnesota -- just be patient, he'll get his chance once Childress gets fired for signing & starting Kiss of Death Favre.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                          Carolina Panthers: The top three teams in the NFC South are all pretty close together. Any of the three of them could win the division, and given the difficult schedule NFC South teams face, there may only be one team from the South in the playoffs. Personally, I would put the Panthers 3rd in that division, so even if there is a Wild Card team there, I can't see it being the Panthers.

Atlanta Falcons: Again, there could be only one team from the NFC South in the playoffs and the Saints could always top the division. The Falcons may also be a one-hit wonder, but I can't see it. I feel the Falcons will get playoffs, but there is always a chance that they won't.
                          Drew Brees is a great QB, but if the last few years have taught us anything, he doesn't play defense and he doesn't pound the rock... Atlanta and Carolina are still better than the saints where it counts and a few games difference in schedule isn't going to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                            Sorry I wasnt clear there. The SoS will be the tiebreaker for the wild card and they will lose out because of that.
                            SoS is the 5th tiebreaker (H2H, conference record, common games, Strength of Victory). I seriously doubt it goes that far.

Comment

I'm a Miami fan and I will agree that we won't make the playoffs this year as our schedule is absolutely brutal. We are looking at about 8 wins or so and we are still rebuilding.

But the people on here saying the Wildcat film as a reason that Miami won't have success, clearly didn't watch many Miami games last year. Yea the Wildcat is all well and good and provide a boost here or there but anyone that thinks it played a major role for us didn't pay attention.

If you wanna know why Miami played so well last year, look no further then Jake Long, Chad Pennington and Joey Porter. Our players stepped up. The success had very little to do with the Wildcat. The Wildcat is just the cherry on top.

Comment

Even if the Seahawks and 49ers are better and healthier this year, it's not like the Cardinals got worse. If anything, they got better getting a RB capable of starting, signing a CB to complement DRC, and making solid selections throughout the draft. I think it will be close, but I still expect the Cards to pull it out. I wouldn't be surprised if the top 3 teams in the division are around 8-8 or above.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information