Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 6 teams who won't make the playoffs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
    How high are you on the Jaguars and Texans/low on the Titans and Colts, BBD? Or is it a mix of the two?

Relieved to know that I'm not the only one who thinks the Ravens.
    I could see the Ravens dropping back.

I honestly think Flacco is the most overrated player in the game right now. I love how every time you turn on the TV you hear people asking if "Sanchez can do what Flacco did" and I find myself saying, what did Flacco do?

If by riding the coat tails of a great D and a strong running game, than sure. A lot of QB's could do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian
      1) Titans - had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL last year. I see no way they repeat as a playoff team.
      That's inaccurate.

Entering the season, the Titans had the 10th toughest SOS at .543. They had 10 games against teams who went 8-8 or better the previous season, and they played 6 games against teams who went to the Playoffs the previous season. This season, they're entering the season with the 14th toughest SOS at .508.

In the final SOS, they ranked 26th at .4795, but they went 4-1 against Playoff teams (Vikings, Ravens, Colts, Steelers; the loss came to the Colts during the last game of the season when the Titans and Colts were resting players). So its not like they beat up on poor teams and struggled with the good ones. Plus in those 13 wins, the Ravens and Packers were the only ones to come within less than 7 points of the Titans in the final score, so they weren't the product of a weak schedule. They were a good team, and handily beating teams they should win against.

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
      I could see the Ravens dropping back.

I honestly think Flacco is the most overrated player in the game right now. I love how every time you turn on the TV you hear people asking if "Sanchez can do what Flacco did" and I find myself saying, what did Flacco do?

If by riding the coat tails of a great D and a strong running game, than sure. A lot of QB's could do that.
      I wasn't a fan of Flacco during the Draft, but I thought he was very poised during the season. But, you always have to worry about a sophomore slump, but even if he does, that OL will help shield him. Actually, I'm more concerned about the loss of Rex Ryan and the age of the defense, which is their bread and butter.
      Last edited by TitanHope; 05-19-2009, 12:34 AM.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        That's inaccurate.

Entering the season, the Titans had the 10th toughest SOS at .543. They had 10 games against teams who went 8-8 or better the previous season, and they played 6 games against teams who went to the Playoffs the previous season. This season, they're entering the season with the 14th toughest SOS at .508.

In the final SOS, they ranked 26th at .4795, but they went 4-1 against Playoff teams (Vikings, Ravens, Colts, Steelers; the loss came to the Colts during the last game of the season when the Titans and Colts were resting players). So its not like they beat up on poor teams and struggled with the good ones. Plus in those 13 wins, the Ravens and Packers were the only ones to come within less than 7 points of the Titans in the final score, so they weren't the product of a weak schedule. They were a good team, and handily beating teams they should win against.

I wasn't a fan of Flacco during the Draft, but I thought he was very poised during the season. But, you always have to worry about a sophomore slump, but even if he does, that OL will help shield him. Actually, I'm more concerned about the loss of Rex Ryan and the age of the defense, which is their bread and butter.
        Nevertheless, their SOS turned out to be .4795 for the 2008 season and they were a one and out team in the playoffs if I remember right. During the season they played their 2 toughest games at the very end of their schedule, Pittsburgh and Indy. Before that in 14 games, they played 2 playoff teams, Baltimore and Minnesota, who they faced early in the season and 1 of which had a rookie QB who hadn't yet established that he would have a good season, and Minny who is another one and out playoff team.
        Their schedule was easy to put it simply for the 1st 14 games and they aren't going to get that lucky this coming season. Collins isn't a solid NFL starter at QB and they lost Haynesworth. They are done IMO with very little chance at repeating as a playoff team. I'm expecting a last place finish in their division.
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
          If you are Arizona and you start off poorly, or find yourselves 2/3 of the way through the season without a hope at the playoffs, when do you bench the guy you just gave a ton of money to and find out what you have in Leinart?
          As soon as possible. If the Cardinals are out of the playoffs through two-thirds of the season (which I find highly unlikely), then there should be no reason not to give Leinart some playing time to see what he's got. They need to make a decision soon as to whether he is going to be our franchise signal caller or if we need to find somebody else. Warner isn't going to play but a couple more years if that.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
            I'm a Miami fan and I will agree that we won't make the playoffs this year as our schedule is absolutely brutal. We are looking at about 8 wins or so and we are still rebuilding.

But the people on here saying the Wildcat film as a reason that Miami won't have success, clearly didn't watch many Miami games last year. Yea the Wildcat is all well and good and provide a boost here or there but anyone that thinks it played a major role for us didn't pay attention.

If you wanna know why Miami played so well last year, look no further then Jake Long, Chad Pennington and Joey Porter. Our players stepped up. The success had very little to do with the Wildcat. The Wildcat is just the cherry on top.
            I get what you are saying, and for the most aprt I agree. But the wildcat ran rough shot over NE early in the season, a win that could be seen as the reason they beat out the patriots for the AFCE title.
            Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

The Panthers schedule is ridiculous, and their defense wasn't playing well at the end of last year.

Not to mention John Fox has yet to have back to back playoff seasons. Yea, I let that one out of the bag.

Comment

If the vikings don't make the playoffs i will pull my pubic hairs out.

sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

I don't see the titans missing the playoffs, the offense has done nothing but improve on last year and the defense will not regress a whole lot if anything with haynesworth leaving. yes he was incredible when he was in but when he wasn't the defense didnt crumble. the colts IMO havent gotten any stronger this year. the jags have literally no passing threats bar holts who if you D/T him will be a none factor and MJD hasnt proven that he is a feature back. they may have brought in 2 premier OT rookies but they are rookies and u cant guage their impact. as for the texans until they do something they are the bottom dwellers in the division.

1. Titans - Best OL in the division, most threatening RB and a bolstered receiving corpse. Best DB's in the divison, best overall LB corpse in the division.

2. Colts - Peyton Manning is in a bad situation and they are in a rebuilding mode within the coaching staff. Defense still isnt that strong.

3. Jags - How will the offense do??? MJD has to prove he can carry the load. Holt is their only receiving threat. How will the brand new OL work in their first season together? Defense is still suspect.

4. Texans - Simply they havent done anything to say they are anything better than the fourth team in this division. At least the Jags have had the success you look for in a contender for the playoffs. They are just the sexy pick.

Comment

I think Houston finishes third and just outside of the playoff picture. Jacksonville takes a big step back breaking in a new offensive line and Indy and Tennessee both make it, although I am a bit shaky on Tennessee with the geezerness of Kerry Collins and the loss of Haynesworth.

If Schaub and Co. can stay healthy, the Texans will be a dangerous team and could easily unseat the Titans
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

only way the Titans don't make it is if:
                      A: Kerry Collins single handedly brings them down. but he usually saves his major suckage for playoff time
                      B: The replacements for Fat Al suck majorly
                      C: The Colts run **** and go captain insane-o on everyone.

A is the most likely.

oh, and the Giants there is just silly for many aforementioned points brought up by fans of rivals...
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Philadelphia. Offense looks really good if those new tackles hold up(which I think they will) but the defense without Jim Johnson and Dawkins just isn't the same, how could it be. McNabb will have to play lights out IMO and well the NFC East is the NFC East.

Dolphins: Pennington is the magic man when everyone doubts him, but as soon as you expect something from him, bam he disappoints. Dolphins will still be a decent team but just miss the playoffs.

Vikings: Only if the Bears are who we thought they were and the Packers suprise early with the new 3-4 defense. That pesky QB play will always leave doubters no matter how good the rest of your team is.

Titans: Its more than just losing Haynesworth,but believe me losing a stud DT does have an impact. Collins is like 80 years old. And may the Schwartz be with you Detroit.

Falcons: Offense is again great especially with Tong G but that defense just lacks in the back 7 for me and Carolina/New Orleans could both take it. Plus you play the NFC East and AFC East along with your division so that opens things up for teams like Min/Chicago/Green Bay to steal a wild card spot. Plus I don't like their depth and somebody gets hurt at some point, doesn't Mike Peterson get hurt every year. They'll be a good solid team, but might just miss the playoffs.

Pittsburgh: Nah just kidding but that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post

Titans: Its more than just losing Haynesworth,but believe me losing a stud DT does have an impact. Collins is like 80 years old. And may the Schwartz be with you Detroit.
                          Wha'eva dude! We gots his replacement right here:

Get you some!

:D
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                            4. Texans - Simply they havent done anything to say they are anything better than the fourth team in this division. At least the Jags have had the success you look for in a contender for the playoffs. They are just the sexy pick.
                            I think the division can really be a toss up. The only team I would be surprised by would be the Jags. The Texans definately have the talent to win the division if they can stay healthy. The WRs are very good, Slaton was beasting, the D has lots of nice pieces, and Kubiak is an excellent coach. They are definately on the brink. Wouldn't be shocked to see them push for a wildcard spot.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                            Originally posted by Job
                            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I've always kinda liked the jags, I picked them to go to the superbowl for two straight years before last season, so I wouldn't really be surprised if they have a big season. I think i their oline gels they'll be a productive offensive team even if they lack big play ability from their passing game, although I think Holt will be a great influence on their young guys and I'm looking for Dilliard to make a big impact as their slot guy. And defensively I think their DL will be huge to their success, if they keep Henderson fresh and studly their Ends should be able to wreck havoc on many teams. Add to that a good solid LB corps. and a secondary with talent, Reggie Nelson better freakin break out this year I was too high on him for him to play as badly as he has been.

I know they're not a team that sticks out but I think they have a very good chance to be strong along both lines, smart and tough. Which can get you into the playoffs with some luck and careful play.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                                I don't see the titans missing the playoffs, the offense has done nothing but improve on last year and the defense will not regress a whole lot if anything with haynesworth leaving. yes he was incredible when he was in but when he wasn't the defense didnt crumble. the colts IMO havent gotten any stronger this year. the jags have literally no passing threats bar holts who if you D/T him will be a none factor and MJD hasnt proven that he is a feature back. they may have brought in 2 premier OT rookies but they are rookies and u cant guage their impact. as for the texans until they do something they are the bottom dwellers in the division.

1. Titans - Best OL in the division, most threatening RB and a bolstered receiving corpse. Best DB's in the divison, best overall LB corpse in the division.

2. Colts - Peyton Manning is in a bad situation and they are in a rebuilding mode within the coaching staff. Defense still isnt that strong.

3. Jags - How will the offense do??? MJD has to prove he can carry the load. Holt is their only receiving threat. How will the brand new OL work in their first season together? Defense is still suspect.

Unfortunately this is rubbish. The Titans offense is weak, nice OL, nice RB's but where is the championship QB??? Teams that lack a franchise QB practically never repeat for a playoff postion especially if their schedule is significantly tougher and I don't think they will be getting a .479 opponent SOS again with their 2 toughest opponents coming at the end of the season.
                                I actually expect that by game 6 or 7 you are going to see VY back as the starter.
                                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information