Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 6 teams who won't make the playoffs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Top 6 teams who won't make the playoffs...

    ...after making them last year.

    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=547766

    Goes along with the other thread we have of the 6 teams who didn't make it last year but are most likely to this year. Given how popular the debate in that one because, I decided to throw this one up too. (It's actually a few days older, but I just didn't see it.)

    This time around, we have:

    Dolphins
    Titans
    Chargers
    Giants
    Vikes
    Cardinals

    I can agree with the Dolphins. Even their biggest fans will probably admit that last year was a least a little bit flukey...the rest of their division has gotten better, the Jets and Bills by making some moves and the Pats by getting Brady back. Though I think if the Dolphins are on here, the Falcons should be too for basically the same reasons.....both got a surge from FO and coaching moves last year and could suffer a little bit of a sophomore slump as they come back down to Earth.

    The Titans....I can buy it. The Jags and Texans figure to be better and could push the Titans (and the Colts) a little bit. Plus they've lost Haynesworth, so that is probably could to hurt them.

    Chargers...hmm. Maybe...they are easily the most talented team in a very weak division though. I think they get penciled in as the West winners by default and stay that way until one of the other teams takes it away from them.

    The Giants I strongly disagree with though. I still feel as though they are the best team in their division, Plax or no Plax. They're going to have an absolutely sickening defensive front 7 that's just going to gnash everyone they face and wreak all sorts of havoc. They still have what figures to be a pretty damn good running game with Jacobs and their gritty o-line...and I think Eli will get the ball to the receivers they do still have. I strongly disagree with this one.

    Vikings...I'd like to think it, heh. As long as they have AP they're going to be a threat. Their QB situation is still unsettled and they could lose the Williams wall for the first 4 games based on the Starcaps suspensions....if they get behind early in the season because of that, I think my Bears could get and stay enough ahead of them to win the division.

    Cardinals......yeah, I can see it. Last year they got to dominate an incredibly weak division and rode Fitz through the playoffs. If Seattle gets healthy or the Niners pick it up a bit, either could beat out Arizona.

    Any thoughts? Omissions? Disagreements with the ones listed?

  • #2
    I don't know how the Chargers don't make the playoffs. Cassel, Russell and Neckbeard would have to have Pro Bowl years for that to maybe happen. interesting though. some other team I do buy more so like the Phins,
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      I don't know how the Chargers don't make the playoffs. Cassel, Russell and Neckbeard would have to have Pro Bowl years for that to maybe happen. interesting though. some other team I do buy more so like the Phins,
      Even if those 3 are beastly (very, very doubtful imo) all of their defenses could still hold them back. Like I said, I think the Chargers are the winners by default unless one of the other teams surges and takes it away from them....the Chargers have too much talent to stink it up on their own.

      Comment


      • #4
        If I had to say six that won't be there next year it would be;

        Miami Dolphins-played above talent levels last year, strength of schedule favoured them last year and Tom Brady is back in the division

        Tennessee Titans-Haynesworth is literally a huge loss for them. Plus they play in a very tough division without a bona fide QB

        Baltimore Ravens-Will be up there based on defense and a strong running attack but until their passing attack improves signficantly they will always have trouble winning games against teams like the Colts, Patriots etc

        Minnesota Vikings-As above with the Ravens, until they can win through the air they will always be in danger of losing close games. Plus Green Bay and Chicago have gotten significantly better

        Carolina Panthers-Play in a very tough division and will have to outscore both the Saints and Falcons twice a season. They could find that very tough to do

        Arizona Cardinals-Purely based on the Superbowl curse and the fact that while Warner did lead them to the Superbowl he is old as hell. If he cant go the whole season next year will Leinart lead them to the playoffs? Also with the Boldin/Dockett situation, chemistry could be down


        BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

        Comment


        • #5
          I take what Mike Florio says with a grain of salt. He has always talked down on the vikings so I am not surprised of them being on this list by him.



          Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

          Comment


          • #6
            I can see the Phins not making it mostly because of the strength of the division. Titans same thing. The Giants might be a good call we are really going to see how good Eli really is unless of course Nicks has a Bowe type rookie season.


            My major beef is the Chargers. If they don't make it who is in that division? The Chiefs have a shot. I see the the Broncos as a top 10 pick easy. The Raiders I can't see climbing up out of the gutter to win the division this season.
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


            DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

            Originally posted by njx9
            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

            Comment


            • #7
              I see why people are concerned about us losing plax, but we should have our best D since LT was still cracking skulls this season, we get osi back, we get kiwi back at DE weight, much better DT depth with Canty and Bernard, easily our best secondary since I've been a giants fan and while our LB corps. doesn't stand out and AP is fat Boley could have a very nice impact and between Kehl, Goff, Sintim and Clark we have good depth at the position. In my biased opinion I think our D improves more than our O suffers next season.

              Comment


              • #8
                Dude if the Bolts didn't miss the playoffs last year when the entire team exploded, they sure as hell aren't going to miss it this year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don't buy the Giants and Titans. They still have two of the best OL's in the NFL, and will both have strong rushing attacks. The Giants DEF should be great with the return of Umenyiora and bringing in Canty/Bernard/Boley, and their DL is the deepest in the league. You don't need a dominant WR to make the Playoffs. The Titans will miss having a player the caliber of Haynesworth, but the defense will still be good. They're returning all other defensive starters who accounted for 35.5 of their team total of 44 Sacks - 31.5 Sacks from the returning defensive linemen. Not to mention, I believe AH ranked in the Top 10 most rotated defensive linemen. Haynesworth wasn't the only All-Pro on that defense either.

                  I can buy the Dolphins, but they'll still be solid. They'll have the Patriots to deal with, and the possibility of Pennington getting injured is there.

                  The Vikings only because the Packers were so close in so many games last season, and I think the Pack will transfer to the 3-4 smoothly. The Bears also gained a franchise QB, and a good QB can do wonders for teams.

                  Chargers and Cardinals...not unless there's an injury at QB or something like that. Both should win their division. Lets give the Cards some credit. They won the NFC last season, and were an amazing catch by Santonio Holmes away from a Super Bowl title. Their offense should be great, their defense has studs at every unit in Dockett, Dansby, Wilson, and DRC, and they had a good draft.
                  Last edited by TitanHope; 05-18-2009, 01:49 PM.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                  [@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Giants will probably win the NFC East. That article is dumb.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Falcons, imo, won't make the playoffs. I think they overachieved last year just like the Jets during Mangini's first year... IIRC the Jets went 10-6 in 2006 and 4-12 in 2007...


                      In Bob We Trust

                      John Madden's wedding video business

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        vikes

                        titans

                        Dolphins

                        Panthers

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ill do them 3-3
                          NFC:
                          (Playoff teams: NFCE: Giants,Eagles NFCS: Falcons,Saints NFCN: Bears, NFCW:Cardinals)
                          Vikings (misses playoffs due to SoS-tiebreaker)
                          Panthers (scedule is rediculous)
                          Redskins/Cowboys (tough scedule+good teams in division is tough break)

                          AFC:
                          Playoff team(AFCE: Pats AFCN:Steelers, Ravens AFCS:Colts,Titans AFCW:Chargers)
                          Dolphins: Tough scedule + year of film on the new team
                          Texans: Are gonna be pretty good but will just miss out.
                          Jets: Rookie QB can only take you so far (usually)
                          Last edited by wicket; 05-18-2009, 03:40 PM.


                          Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                            Don't buy the Giants and Titans. They still have two of the best OL's in the NFL, and will both have strong rushing attacks. The Giants DEF should be great with the return of Umenyiora and bringing in Canty/Bernard/Boley, and their DL is the deepest in the league. You don't need a dominant WR to make the Playoffs. The Titans will miss having a player the caliber of Haynesworth, but the defense will still be good. They're returning all other defensive starters who accounted for 35.5 of their team total of 44 Sacks - 31.5 Sacks from the returning defensive linemen. Not to mention, I believe AH ranked in the Top 10 most rotated defensive linemen. Haynesworth wasn't the only All-Pro on that defense either.

                            I can buy the Dolphins, but they'll still be solid. They'll have the Patriots to deal with, and the possibility of Pennington getting injured is there.

                            The Vikings only because the Packers were so close in so many games last season, and I think the Pack will transfer to the 3-4 smoothly. The Bears also gained a franchise QB, and a good QB can do wonders for teams.

                            Chargers and Cardinals...not unless there's an injury at QB or something like that. Both should win their division. Lets give the Cards some credit. They won the NFC last season, and were an amazing catch by Santonio Holmes away from a Super Bowl title. Their offense should be great, their defense has studs at every unit in Dockett, Dansby, Wilson, and DRC, and they had a good draft.
                            I think having Fat Al in there helped those guys be all pro and get all those sacks. I am not saying the Titans won't make the playoffs but Fat Al is a huge loss and I don't think the defense will have any where near the amount of sacks they had last year.
                            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                            Just let it go RWO.
                            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

                            John Wall
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wicket View Post
                              Ill do them 3-3
                              NFC:
                              (Playoff teams: NFCE: Giants,Eagles NFCS: Falcons,Saints NFCN: Bears, NFCW:Cardinals)
                              Vikings (misses playoffs due to SoS)
                              Panthers (scedule is rediculous)
                              Redskins/Cowboys (tough scedule+good teams in division is tough break)

                              AFC:
                              Playoff team(AFCE: Pats AFCN:Steelers, Ravens AFCS:Colts,Titans AFCW:Chargers)
                              Dolphins: Tough scedule + year of film on the new team
                              Texans: Are gonna be pretty good but will just miss out.
                              Jets: Rookie QB can only take you so far (usually)
                              The problem is that there is typically about a 50% turnover rate from one year to the next as to who misses the playoffs and you only have 3 teams that made it last year out this year. I'm sure thats possible but it goes against recent history.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information