No announcement yet.

SportingNews' Top 20 Lists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are too many pathetic ones, so I'll only mention the ones that offended me as a homer.

A: Joe Thomas at number four is ridiculous. He should be number one.

B: Shaun Rogers at 6? Are you serious? No one outside of Albert Haynesworth was more dominant last year.

That's about it. Not a whole lot to get upset about as a Browns fan.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
      There are too many pathetic ones, so I'll only mention the ones that offended me as a homer.

A: Joe Thomas at number four is ridiculous. He should be number one.

B: Shaun Rogers at 6? Are you serious? No one outside of Albert Haynesworth was more dominant last year.
      I wonder if he's a Browns...

That's about it. Not a whole lot to get upset about as a Browns fan.
      Oh my God guys... I can read minds!!!

Wait, false alarm! Turns out, I can just read insanely well.
      Last edited by TitanHope; 05-26-2009, 10:19 PM.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        You guys need to stop getting bent out of shape over where Rodgers is ranked or perceived, when he does it at least two years in a row he'll start to get some respect, but nobody is going to catapult him up to top 5 or consider him elite until he has at least a few good seasons.

Romo has had more then a few very good statistical seasons, and while he lost the playoff games he started lets not act like he just bombed those games...He played well enough to win in the Seattle game and the NY game, I know it's fun to pin all the blame on Romo but having him ranked at 10 is hardly anything terrible.
        That's why I said call me a homer. I think Rodgers is more skilled than Hasselbeck and is surrounded by a better team therefore he should be ranked higher than him. Might just be my opinion?

I wasn't knocking Romo for being so high by any means but the way Sporting News set that ranking up was pretty ironic. Tony Romo is immensely talented, don't get me wrong but he still has a lot to prove and that says worlds about his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
          That stumped me too. They have it backwards - he's a fantastic coverage LB. But truth be told, he hasn't been in run-defense a lot due to the DL in front of him, and WLB Thornton and SS Hope around him.

Even more troubling - C Kevin Mawae and FB Ahmard Hall getting skunked. :(

DJ Williams is an ILB now though, Mr. Broncos Fan! ;)

And 4-3 OLB's typically don't get love because 3-4 OLB's are pass-rushers. Gotta be a long-time stalwart like Briggs and Bulluck to get the recognition.

I thought Dansby's ranking was valid, but everyone has their preferrences. The top guys in Willis, Urlacher, Dansby, Beason, and Lewis are kind bunched together, and each does something well that others may not. Leadership of Ray, athleticism of Willis and Beason, versatility of Dansby, and range of Urlacher.

Longon Fletcher at 14, on the other hand, is terrible.
          gah...stupid 3-4 switch. He should still be top 20! Because he is awesome. Yeah I guess I get what you are saying about the top backers. I personally really like Beason.

All that still doesn't pardon the general stupidity of some of these lists lol

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
          Originally posted by Job
          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            You guys need to stop getting bent out of shape over where Rodgers is ranked or perceived, when he does it at least two years in a row he'll start to get some respect, but nobody is going to catapult him up to top 5 or consider him elite until he has at least a few good seasons.

Romo has had more then a few very good statistical seasons, and while he lost the playoff games he started lets not act like he just bombed those games...He played well enough to win in the Seattle game and the NY game, I know it's fun to pin all the blame on Romo but having him ranked at 10 is hardly anything terrible.
            Not to bag on romo, since I do like the guy, but he did a lot to lose that giants game. Our DL just beat the fight out of him by that fourth quarter, he was missing horrendously on a lot of those throws to pretty open receivers.

Comment

They don't have Corey Webster as a top 20 CB in the league so the list fails big time.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                They don't have Corey Webster as a top 20 CB in the league so the list fails big time.
                http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=553164

I feel dumber for reading that list.

Woodson #14? No. Stop.
                Antonio Cromartie #7? Omg. No!

Don't want to ruin it all for you, though. Take a gander.

Comment

Asante at 4? Fail.
                  Cromartie at 7? Fail.
                  Hall at 8? Fail.
                  Woodson (Praised Be His Name) at 14? WHAT THE **** ARE THEY WATCHING?
                  Leigh Bodden on the list but no Corey Webster?
                  WHERE THE **** IS SHELDON BROWN????

Comment

jahri evans @ 18 is way too low

Comment

The CB list may be the worse one yet. Some hilarious decisions on there...

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
                        The CB list may be the worse one yet. Some hilarious decisions on there...
                        Where the hell is Deltha O'Neal???:D No but that list is horrible. Revis should be higher, Winfield should be higher, Woodson should be higher, Webster, Brown and Carlos Rogers should be on it, whereas Wright, Harris, McFadden and Hall shouldn't

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          Asante at 4? Fail.
                          Cromartie at 7? Fail.
                          Hall at 8? Fail.
                          Woodson (Praised Be His Name) at 14? WHAT THE **** ARE THEY WATCHING?
                          Leigh Bodden on the list but no Corey Webster?
                          WHERE THE **** IS SHELDON BROWN????
                          i was actually very surprised to see Leigh Bodden on the list b/c i thought i was the only one who thought he was actually a pretty decent CB. The fact he got cut, got very little interest in free agency made me feel that he was just a guy who got lucky with stats.

something that shocks me is that there is a total of 4 ravens defenders on these lists (including ed reed who is a saftey and they havent done safties yet).

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                            i was actually very surprised to see Leigh Bodden on the list b/c i thought i was the only one who thought he was actually a pretty decent CB. The fact he got cut, got very little interest in free agency made me feel that he was just a guy who got lucky with stats.

something that shocks me is that there is a total of 4 ravens defenders on these lists (including ed reed who is a saftey and they havent done safties yet).
                            Bodden is a very good CB and should show it this year with the Pats as he played in a similar scheme and excelled under Romeo. However the Lions asked him to play a pure cover 2 last year and a cover 2 CB he aint

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I though Leigh Bodden was pretty solid when watching him but a handful of corners should be on that list over him. I would put him top 30 though.

Comment

No Sheldon in the top 20 = lol.

I love Asante but he's not a top 5 corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information