Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching changes fluster Manning

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...luster+Manning

It's not a situation that I'm just thrilled about,'' he said. "I think the communication has been pretty poor in my opinion. Somebody says one thing, then somebody else says another thing.
    "I'm not sure everybody's on the same page in this building. I'm just trying to focus on playing quarterback well.''
    Assistant head coach and receivers coach Clyde Christensen is overseeing the offense following Moore's departure while Pete Metzelaars, Mudd's assistant, has taken over full-time position duties. The team also hired interns Frank Winters and Ron Johnson to help with the offensive line and receivers, respectively.
    "It's not normal not having a full coaching staff,'' Manning said. "I know we hired a couple of guys to come in, but these guys are learning. They're not offering a lot of coaching out there, I can assure you of that.''
    Big deal or no?

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

I didn't know Moore had retired, guess I haven't been paying attention. That's a pretty big deal, but I don't think this overall is a huge deal, they've had the same guys in place for so long that any change is going to take some getting used to. They should just let Peyton be OC.

Comment

yeah its a big deal, piss poor coaching leads to bad teams. Unless they are running the exact same offense, and then Manning doesn't need any real help then its fine. But I doubt they are running the same thing.

Comment

I really doubt Manning needs much coaching at this point. There was talk of Moore/Mudd being brought back as advisors anyway.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

I think it's a small deal in the long run. Manning is a player, and he'll play and have success on Sundays. He just had a comfort level with Moore/Mudd that is now gone. Change is never easy, especially for a star who thinks he has earned the right to have certain routines. Let's face facts. Changing things up and getting Peyton out of his comfort zone may force him to become even better. The team is making decisions for the betterment of the franchise. It's business. Peyton will get over it and will remain a stud.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

They ought to let Manning call his own plays, if he didnt already.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Manning calls his own plays for the most part, with input from Moore and the staff. The game-planning is the coaching, with input from Manning. Peyton doesn't have the time to break down all of the film and develop the game plan/make quicker adjustments. It's not like the coaches are doing nothing. Peyton just likes having his own team that defers to him and wants to keep the status quo with his power and control. He'll get over it.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I say hyper, you say bole:

HYPER! BOLE!

Comment

And Caldwell helped run the offense, so it will be fine. It will blow over in two weeks or so and Manning will be the leader and all will be fine.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Why's no one talking about the offensive line? I can see injuries occurring to that line in the future and no one with the skills to be able to plug in any player and turn them into a starter as easily as before.

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                      And Caldwell helped run the offense, so it will be fine. It will blow over in two weeks or so and Manning will be the leader and all will be fine.
                      i have to agree with this. The fact that there has been so much stability for Manning and the offense, they got spoiled and with this change come a sense of nervousness. Maybe after some little roadblocks I see Manning and Co. doing what they always do. Manning will get comfortable before we know it

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by whatadai View Post
                        Why's no one talking about the offensive line? I can see injuries occurring to that line in the future and no one with the skills to be able to plug in any player and turn them into a starter as easily as before.
                        Their O-line has been a little suspect for a while now, they always seem to work around it. I don't see that changing.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          Their O-line has been a little suspect for a while now, they always seem to work around it. I don't see that changing.
                          They were always able to work around it because of Mudd.

Comment

Originally posted by whatadai View Post
                            They were always able to work around it because of Mudd.
                            True enough. However every once in a while something occurs that supposedly precipiates a drop off in the Colts offense (no Edge, injuries, bad Marvin, etc.) and it never follows through. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                              True enough. However every once in a while something occurs that supposedly precipiates a drop off in the Colts offense (no Edge, injuries, bad Marvin, etc.) and it never follows through. I'll believe it when I see it.
                              No Edge, they had Addai. No Marvin, they had Wayne, Clark, and Gonzalez. Manning got injured last year and played worse until he got better at the end of the season. I can see the line still doing well since Mudd coached up a few younger guys from the draft last year and they did well when they started. But a couple of injuries to the line like last year and it could hurt the Colts in the future without Mudd there to coach up some players.
                              Last edited by whatadai; 05-26-2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information