No announcement yet.

Brian Urlacher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's still a special player but he set his own standards so high that people expect that out of him year in and year out. He will never be the player he used to be again but he's still a very very good player.

Comment

I've followed Urlacher's career somewhat closely, mainly in comparison to Lavar Arrington, since both were top 10 picks in '00.

Urlacher was the far superior player, but it's odd now that because he's not the freak athlete at MLB he was 4-5 years ago, that people are hinting he's become an average player(!!).

I remember the regular season game against the Arizona Cardinals 2 years ago where Urlacher enforced his will on that victory in way that I've rarely ever seen few MLBs dominate.

I love London Fletcher, but we'd take Urlacher for the next 5 years and not even worry about it.

I know there's Willis in SF, Vilma in New Orleans, but I can't believe there's four MLBs I would start ahead of him.

Chicago fans are spoiled, IMO, and have forgotten how good Urlacher still is.

If he's healthy, he's still a great player.
      Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins; 05-26-2009, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I would take Urlacher over Vilma without even blinking. I'd probably take 4-5 other linebackers too.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Cover 2 sucks.

Comment

The Bears installed a "Mug up" look on defense last year. Basically the linebackers were asked to play at the line of scrimmage and then get into their assignment. This defense looked well at first against Peyton Manning, who couldnt easily diagnose against the defense that his team also plays. But thats not to say it was completely effective. If anyone remembers that game Manning missed on a couple passes which prolly would have been touchdowns. The mug up defense is a stop the run at all costs mentality. If anyone watched the Titans game thats what happened.

There are 2 positions that were consistant and dependable: MLB and WLB. The SLB was terrible in coverage.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-Packers-2008
            hm. looks like i need a sig...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Cover 2 sucks.
              It used to be pretty nifty. I think Peyton stuck a dagger in it's heart during the Indy/Chi-town Super Bowl. "Hai guys I'm a TE going up the seam come follow me, don't worry about those RBs lol they don't catch it!"

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                It used to be pretty nifty. I think Peyton stuck a dagger in it's heart during the Indy/Chi-town Super Bowl. "Hai guys I'm a TE going up the seam come follow me, don't worry about those RBs lol they don't catch it!"
                For some reason I can just see Dallas Clark say that. Although he'd probably say a lot more lol in my mind.

"Hi Guise!!! I'm the TE going up the seems! Come on, run with me... don't mind those guys back there, they're just RB's... lol they run, that's what the R stands for 'running'... If they'd catch they'd call than run and catchbacks but they're called running backs so obviously no catching there lol. Now run with me!!!!"

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  For some reason I can just see Dallas Clark say that. Although he'd probably say a lot more lol in my mind.

"Hi Guise!!! I'm the TE going up the seems! Come on, run with me... don't mind those guys back there, they're just RB's... lol they run, that's what the R stands for 'running'... If they'd catch they'd call than run and catchbacks but they're called running backs so obviously no catching there lol. Now run with me!!!!"

Comment

oh man and we were still within 1 TD until Grossman started to realize he was actually a Colt :/

Comment

Any defense isnt gonna be the same without our best D lineman. T Harris wasnt in that game nor the playoffs. There was a lot to blame (grossman that int for TD threw the route way late on top of it a route where cover2 people (dungy) preach to jump on that), but Urlacher was absolutely not to blame. The run game killed us because no consistant pressure, draws for huge gains. Just from memory, i dont know it all.
                      hm. looks like i need a sig...

Comment

While I was never a big fan of the Tampa 2, its sad to see it become essentially a dead scheme. The pure Tampa 2 as we once knew it, is pretty much a dead scheme in today's NFL.

Every team runs some variation of the scheme, but its not the Tampa 2 anymore.

To be fair, the Bears never really were a pure Tampa 2 team to begin with.

Urlacher disappointed me greatly in the SB. Great defenders make plays in the biggest game of their life. Urlacher did not play up to his standards.

Comment

do you guys reckon he is hall of fame material? for me he isnt after not sustaining his early years play but he could get in eventually. what you guys reckon?

Comment

but one down season and a not so serious arthritic back has people talking about him being too old.
                            An arthritic back is a degenerative condition, as in, it will continue to get worse with age. There is no magic cure, not way around it, his back will not suddenly be alright. It isnt a knee reconstruction, broken leg, torn rotator cuff. It is just going to get worse.

He was still a solid player last year but it clearly affected him, a lot, and he wasn't close to the player he used to be and it will just get worse.

That is my personal reasoning for "writing him off". A guy who has a comparable condition is Tmac in the NBA, if you buy his crap at least. Either way the big thing with back or neck injuries is that they not only affect you themselves they lead to other injuries because you compensate and adjust motions to try and minimize pain. Hamstring, groin, ankle and knee injuries are far more likely for guys with back problems.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Comment

Urlacher took a horrible pursuit angle to Brady, still that play was awful.

You can't get shook by the slowest guy on the field! It looked like Brian didn't even touch Brady's jersey.

EDIT: If Urlacher can maintain his current level of health, make 2-3 more pro bowls and make one more SB appearance before he retires, he may have to wait until he's well into his forties or early fifties, but someone is going to make a case for Urlacher to go into Canton.

It also doesn't hurt that he plays MLB for the Chicago Bears.
                                Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins; 05-28-2009, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information