Current Starting QBs With SB Ring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Starting QBs With SB Ring

I was bored recently and decided to try and name all the starting QBs in the league today with a Superbowl ring to call their own.

The list reads as follows:

Eli Manning
    Peyton Manning
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Tom Brady
    Kurt Warner

That's it, a whopping 5 different QBs. I guess it surprised me, and really went to show how big of an accomplishment winning the ring truly is.

These 5 men represent 8 rings that have been won over the past 10 years (the other two rings were won by Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson--WHAT??).

Now, the point of this thread is to argue which modern day QBs will add their name to this incredibly elite list. And please, supply some back story to your argument, no one word responses.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
    It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
    Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
    http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
    421 Witness
    756*

I'd say either McNabb or Brees. Brees because he's just awesome and the Saints D is improving (and their offense is, well, the Saints offense)

McNabb because the eagles look primed to do something big this year.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
      I'd say either McNabb or Brees. Brees because he's just awesome and the Saints D is improving (and their offense is, well, the Saints offense)

McNabb because the eagles look primed to do something big this year.
      I don't know about Brees. He is definitely a top notch QB, however, his defense is just abysmal.

As for McNabb, if he doesn't get his ring this year I don't like his chances moving on.

421 Witness
      756*

Comment

I'd say if LaDainian Tomlinson avoids the 30+ decline for RBs and Merriman comes back 100% then Phillip Rivers has an excellent chance to join them. He's become one of the leagues most efficient QBs in my opinion and they definately have the talent to make a run

Comment

Aye, Rivers I think would be next on my list. The Chargers are an amazingly talented team who could contend with any other on any given day, they just need to put it all together.

Comment

ah yes I forgot about the Chargers

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Agreed on Rivers, I do love what San Diego has going on.

What do you guys think of Jay Cutler? I think if the Bears can add a solid WR they can contend.

421 Witness
              756*

Comment

Originally posted by jag View Post
                Agreed on Rivers, I do love what San Diego has going on.

What do you guys think of Jay Cutler? I think if the Bears can add a solid WR they can contend.
                It looks bad, but Hester and Olsen are going to break out this year barring injuries. Cutler loved Sheffler in Denver and Olsen has twice the ability, and Hester is entering his 3rd season as a WR, which is the one were breakouts typically occur, and word is he's been looking decent.

I just didn't want to mention Cutler because I didn't want to put the homer jinx on him, but since you brought him up, well, theres my $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  It looks bad, but Hester and Olsen are going to break out this year barring injuries. Cutler loved Sheffler in Denver and Olsen has twice the ability, and Hester is entering his 3rd season as a WR, which is the one were breakouts typically occur, and word is he's been looking decent.

I just didn't want to mention Cutler because I didn't want to put the homer jinx on him, but since you brought him up, well, theres my $0.02
                  Would you even bother with Plaxico?

421 Witness
                  756*

Comment

Bears said they arent interested in Plax.

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    It looks bad, but Hester and Olsen are going to break out this year barring injuries. Cutler loved Sheffler in Denver and Olsen has twice the ability, and Hester is entering his 3rd season as a WR, which is the one were breakouts typically occur, and word is he's been looking decent
                    No love for Earl Bennett? I would like to see him and Cutler pick up where they left off in college.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by jag View Post
                      Would you even bother with Plaxico?
                      I personally would bother, but the Bears claim not to be interested. For a one year rental, even if he's suspended a few games of it, I'd chance it.

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      No love for Earl Bennett? I would like to see him and Cutler pick up where they left off in college.
                      Bennett had some issues as a rookie and barely got to see the field...I'd love for he and Cutler to be dynamic, but he has to actually see the field first...

Comment

I think it goes like this:

Philip Rivers

Jay Cutler

Drew Brees

Donovan McNabb

Matty Ryan

Tony Romo

Joe Flacco

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Wow I didn't even have to get out my homer hammer to get Rivers some love.

Last year the Chargers offense was seriously explosive, and that's much more impressive in my opinion when you consider that the D never got off the field, ever. Horrific on 3rd down last year. With the return of Merriman (maybe even Cromartie...who the hell knows) to full health and the addition of English, I think odds are great that the Chargers will play some defense.

That in turn should set up the Rivers/LT/Gates/Chambers/Jackson offense. With pinch hitters like Sproles and young guys at WR like Floyd and Naanee (Buster Davis? Now or never.), Rivers is going to have a freaking ton of weapons. I am, as always, extremely hopeful that they can put together a 3 or 4 game winning streak in the playoffs.

Comment

Could also add Favre, unofficially for now.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

In terms of likeliness:

1. Philip Rivers
                              With the drafting of AJ Smith and the already talent filled roster of the Chargers, the guy who put up 34 TDs to 11 interceptions at the age of 27 is going to get his ring sometime in his career.

2. Donovan McNabb
                              He already has 5 NFCCG and 1 SB appearance and the Eagles seem to be getting better. Their defense overacheived to the #3 spot last year, but that is not to say that they suck; they have talent everywhere. Hopefully they can do well without Jim Johnson at DC. The offense is adding playmakers for McNabb's disposal and he should do very well with them.

3. Drew Brees
                              It was hard for me to put a division rival here, but Brees is an amazing QB. He can make do on an offense with whatever type of running game (28th in rushing) and receivers (leading receiver was a guy named Lance Moore who came out of nowhere). If they can get a consistent kicking came and a defense that picks it up a little, I don't see why they can't be considered a Superbowl quality team.

4. Matt Ryan
                              He has shown a great football IQ in his rookie season and I expect his decision making (39.5 attempts per interception) and accuracy (61%) to only get better as he puts more and more work into his game. The main reason I think he is the 4th most likely QB to get his 1st ring is because of Tom Dmitroff and Mike Smith. Dmitroff has shown he will give Ryan the proper weapons (got Michael Turner. traded for Tony Gonzalez) and surround the offense and defense with talent. Mike Smith won CotY and really brought a desolated locker room together and the players love playing for him.

5. Jay Cutler
                              I personally like Aaron Rodgers over Jay Cutler, but I think Cutler may be in a better position to win a SB. I like their offense with Cutler and Forte and their defense is in a better shape right now (not the Chicago of old, but ranked 16th in points given up).

HM: Aaron Rodgers [how will the D be?], Joe Flacco [loss of Rex Ryan? weapons on offense?], Tony Romo [choke in playoffs?].

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information