No announcement yet.

Derrick Mason retired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon Marshall, Baltimore Ravens, have you guys been introduced?

Odd timing unless it's post-McNair fallout.

Comment

If Clayton can be more consistent and Dwill stays healthy I dont think we will miss him that much.

Anybody know any WR still out there in free agency? I know Marvin Harrison is

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post

The problem is that we have been introduced, if we didnt know him we might trade for him.
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
          If Clayton can be more consistent and Dwill stays healthy I dont think we will miss him that much.

Anybody know any WR still out there in free agency? I know Marvin Harrison is
          If D Will stays healthy, then we are better this year then we were last!
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post

maybe he found out he lost a few steps during mini-camp, was considering his future and now retired. I find it strange to think that McNair getting murdered pushed Mason into retirement. I really don't see the correlation between the two events.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Addict I agree w/ your statement about McNair.

But I just find it odd how he was begging for a new contract then he gets up and retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                Addict I agree w/ your statement about McNair.

But I just find it odd how he was begging for a new contract then he gets up and retires.
                maybe the Ravens didn't want to give one and he just thought to himself "screw you guys, I'm going home"

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

yea I thought that also, and he timed it so it would be horrible for us. IDK he hasnt filed the exact papers needed for retirement yet but I still think he is done

Comment

he might have finished his career as a raven i still have mad props for what Mason did for the Titans

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                    XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                    Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                    http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

I think Mason did the Ravens no favors by retiring now right before training camp. A very unprofessional move by a man i consider classy.

Comment

Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                        I think Mason did the Ravens no favors by retiring now right before training camp. A very unprofessional move by a man i consider classy.
                        I think this is overreaction. What's wrong with now? There's still some free agents available (ex. Amani Toomer), and the Ravens could go ahead and trade a 2010 pick for a player (ex. Josh Morgan, as San Fran signed Brandon Jones in the offseason and drafted Crabtree) if they so choose.

The worst thing to do would actually be right before the season. At least now there's still some time to work with a new addition.

And honestly, there's no timetable for this sort of thing. The man finally discovered he didn't have it in him anymore to give the game everything he has. This is an accomplished veteran who played well for many years. It happens, have some consideration for crying out loud.

PS. I am so going to draft Mark Clayton in fantasy.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Wow retiring now. I guarantee you if Mason retired after the end of the season the Raven's wouldn't have drafted Oher. They probably would have used their first two picks at WR. I mean last year they made the AFC championship by only being 2 deep at WR. Mason+Clayton, and Clayton wasn't there half the time. It doesn't help that Heap is a pile of Heap now. I am so sorry for Joe Flacco. The Ravens easily have the worst receiving group in the NFL right now. This is their depth chart right now:

WR 1: Mark Clayton(Inconsistent)/Justin Harper(Never had a catch in the NFL)
                          WR 2: Demetrius Williams(Missed all of last year with injury and has never produced on the NFL level, a great "almost catcher")/Erron Riley(Undrafted rookie from Duke)
                          WR 3: Marcus Smith(Can Block, that's it)/Issiah Williams(Undrafted rookie, 4th stringer at University of Maryland who had one of the most terrible passing offenses in college football)

Honestly I can't make a case for any of them being consistent enough to be a starter, including Clayton.

Definitely look for the Ravens to push a trade hard or at the very least flank Heap out wide.

BTW this is no slight on Derrick Mason. He is one of my favorite players this decade and is a warrior. Last year he was still a pro bowl level WR. I just think the timing of the retirement is sucky, but I understand the potential reasons.

Joe Flacco is guaranteed for a sophomore slump now. Say hello to 20 carries each for Mcgahee, Ray Rice, and McClain.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

this sucks for the Ravens. They can have Mark Bradley for a 3rd round pick :)
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                              Say hello to 20 carries each for Mcgahee, Ray Rice, and McClain.

What sucks is we also let go Neal who kicked ass as a lead blocker next year, I bet you if we knew we were going to have the worst recieving corp in football we would have kept him around and let had 80% running plays

Comment

This sucks for the Ravens, but it's hard to be angry at Mason, if your heart isn't in it 17+ weeks of pounding and pain ahead of you just isn't worth it, and better to pull out now than later.

Right now if the Ravens need a veteran Marvin Harrison will still have juice for another year and will want to go to a contender, which he'll get with the Ravens. If Plax is able to go, he's there too, then there's the trade option.

They should pick one of the two rather than trading for a guy who's on the cusp.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information