No announcement yet.

When will the 1st round picks sign?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes me happy we had to get brown in the 2nd, he's already signed and at a cut price too.

this always takes time, once the first guy taken at each position signs and the picks 1-10 sign it's usually pretty quick.

Comment

Ah, I am happy to not have to deal with this. So happy Sanchez signed early and removed any potential frustration.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
        Makes me happy we had to get brown in the 2nd, he's already signed and at a cut price too.

this always takes time, once the first guy taken at each position signs and the picks 1-10 sign it's usually pretty quick.
        2010 DE class>Brown. I would rather kept the pick and taken one next year...

Comment

Yes, but you need to ask yourself if there's a reason he fell to the 2nd... Perhaps there is.

The picks may sign when Crabtree stops being a dick.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Crabtree isn't going to get top 5 money. My guess is that its more media spectulation than anything. They'll start to pick up tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
              Packers still need to sign Raji and Matthews.
              Luckily they share the same agents and the Packers will have had 2 full weeks to sign Raji and Matthews. I'd like to see both guys in on time but more so Matthews because he'll need the reps if he's going to challenge for a starting job from the start. Raji is pretty much a guaranteed starter and his position isn't as technical so if he's a day or 2 late no biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                Yes, but you need to ask yourself if there's a reason he fell to the 2nd... Perhaps there is.

The picks may sign when Crabtree stops being a dick.
                Not from what's already been said about him. He's under ron meeks too, he did a little something with two guys in Indianapolis

Robert Mathis:
                6"2

Dwight Freeney:
                6"1

Everette Brown:
                6"2

It's damn sure not production in college why he fell and if it's size it's not going to matter too much with Meeks calling the shots.

Comment

Not from what's already been said about him. He's under ron meeks too, he did a little something with two guys in Indianapolis

Robert Mathis:
                  6"2

Dwight Freeney:
                  6"1

Everette Brown:
                  6"2

It's damn sure not production in college why he fell and if it's size it's not going to matter too much with Meeks calling the shots.
                  Oh, I missed that he was the same size as Freeny and did well in OTAs. Hall of fame.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Great year to be a Bears or Cowboys fan when it comes to rookie signings ;)

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      they usually sign like a day or 2 before their TC starts.

i wouldn't worry about it.
                      But if you're going into Day 4 of Camp and you have two first rounders who figure to play important roles, then that's kind of lame.

I was hoping Levitre's signing was a start that we'd knock them all out at the start of camp, but Maybin, Wood, and Byrd all need contracts.

Hopefully they're in there by the time most other camps start, but ideally I would've liked to have everyone going from the start. There's a lot of potential contribution from this class.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        Packers still need to sign Raji and Matthews.
                        Ted Thompson needs to step his game up.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          Oh, I missed that he was the same size as Freeny and did well in OTAs. Hall of fame.
                          Yeah it's written in the same place as next years draft class who're yet to have their final seasons in college and declare for the draft are automatically better than a guy with excellent triangle numbers despite his height, great feedback already from coaches and team mates and a great college career playing under a coordinator who knows how to utilise him perfectly in a system suited to his talents.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I said he'll be fine in the NFL, and nothing more, contorting my words is a douche act, dunno why you'd bother.

Comment

Yeah it's written in the same place as next years draft class who're yet to have their final seasons in college and declare for the draft are automatically better than a guy with excellent triangle numbers despite his height, great feedback already from coaches and team mates and a great college career playing under a coordinator who knows how to utilise him perfectly in a system suited to his talents.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I said he'll be fine in the NFL, and nothing more, contorting my words is a douche act, dunno why you'd bother.
                            i can even say how much fail this argument is.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                              i can even say how much fail this argument is.
                              Yeah it's pretty fail to say a guy who was drafted to fit a coordinator and a system is in a position to do ok.

I'm such a homer, I said a guy should be fine.

wow.

Comment

Yeah it's pretty fail to say a guy who was drafted to fit a coordinator and a system is in a position to do ok.

I'm such a homer, I said a guy should be fine.

wow.
                                its not even preseason.
                                what the coaches say or teammates is ******* useless. People were all over Earl Bennetts nuts around this time in Chicago. Look how that played out.
                                Measurables are useless in the NFL. Thats why Al Davis doesnt have the best draft every year.

To say this was a good pick, and to assume that a first round pick was worth, just because the college players havent played yet and you assume no one is going to be better than him in the first round? really? i mean you think if he was that great, you dont think any other team wouldve jumped on him? Its not like a QB or a TE that is only a need marginal. Pass rushers are always needed. To think the Lions passed on him 3 times although their defense is horrible, you really think he's got to be awesome or gonna be great cause he is as big as freeney.

Thats why people think you are a homer.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information