Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"breakout players" from...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "breakout players" from...

    Within your division.Forces you to acknowledge your opponents up n comers. We'll name one from our own team too because it's fun being a homer sometimes.

    CHI- Greg Olsen. With Cutler as signal caller, he'll have a successful season. HM, Forte.

    MIN- Sidney Rice. Tough choice to make considering Favre is not coming, but if he can stay healthy I can see him doing well.

    DET- Kevin Smith. Could make a jump if the line does to. Which leads to my HM,Gosder Cherilus.

    GB- Jermichael Finley. He's still young and raw but a year of learning will help his receiving game. His blocking will still be less than spectacular however. HM- Jeremy Thompson.

    What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

    2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

  • #2
    NYG - Kenny Phillips, S. I think he's going to make a lot of plays and make a strong bid to go to the Pro Bowl.

    DAL - Anthony Spencer, OLB. With Greg Ellis leaving Spencer will have the starting spot opposite Demarcus Ware and I think he will come close to double digit sacks.

    WAS - Devin Thomas, WR. He was still very raw as a rookie but with a year under his belt he could take a huge leap in his second season.

    PHI - Stewart Bradley, MLB. He will be known as one of the best 4-3 MLBs in the league by season's end.

    Comment


    • #3
      NYG - Clint Sintim, LB - Linebackers have proven to burst onto the scene as rookies. Sintim is in the perfect situation to do so.

      DAL - Felix Jones, RB. His breakout was put on hold last year due to injury, but he will bounce back with avengence this year.

      WAS - Colt Brennan, QB. He will lead the team to the playoffs after Campbell is benched off a slow start.

      PHI - Shady McCoy, RB - He's going to breakout from the moment he steps onto the field.

      Comment


      • #4
        Carolina - Everette Brown because I'm a homer
        Tampa Bay - Geno Hayes because I'm a homer
        Atlanta - William Moore

        Comment


        • #5
          SEA - Justin Forsett - UDFA RB who will most likely get some carries in Mora's Offense.
          STL - Donnie Avery - Should produce really well in 2nd year in the L.

          SF - Vernon Davis - 1,000+ yards and 9+ TD's is not out of the question for this athletic TE.

          AZ - Beanie Wells - Feature RB in a pass heavy O with legit weapons on the outside? Sounds like all the makings of a good rookie season.
          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


          Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
          JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            DAL - Felix Jones, RB. His breakout was put on hold last year due to injury, but he will bounce back with avengence this year.
            .
            Nice pick. He will be great.

            What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

            2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

            Comment


            • #7
              Bears- Craig Steltz, He's got good instincts and has been in the defense for two years and looks primed to make some major contributions this season.

              Vikings- Phil Loadholt, I think he'll take Ryan Cooks spot at RT and really improve the right side of the Vikings O-line and make them a better running offense.

              Lions- Cliff Avril, Had some decent production in the limited time that he played and showed that he can rush the passer (5 sacks). I anticipate that he'll have a good year for the lions.

              Packers- Jermichael Finley, One he gets more playing time he'll use his great athleticism to make plays in our potent passing attack.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                Vikings- Phil Loadholt, I think he'll take Ryan Cooks spot at RT and really improve the right side of the Vikings O-line and make them a better running offense.
                .
                Sadly, I agree. Then I asks myself, is that possible?

                What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

                2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If Lesean McCoy gets enough touches, I vote him. Very slick and fell into the perfect team and system.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Baltimore Ravens -

                    Jared Gaither - allowed three sacks last year and was still learning and played hurt a coulpe of games.

                    Joe Flacco - He got better as the season went on and hasn't showed a sign of slowing down this offseason.

                    Ray Rice - Worked his ass off, topped McGahee on the depth chart and should get the majority of carries.

                    Tarvares Gooden - He is the man who will be replacing Butt Scott, he's a Miami LB and has spent a lot of the offseason with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. He's hella fast and will do all the dirty work.

                    Cleveland Browns -

                    D'Qwell Jackson - He had a very good year last season and he went under the radar, look for him to get better and better.

                    Cincinnati Bengals -

                    Keith Rivers - He was well on his way to being a stud on that defense until Hines Ward pulled another one of his cheap shot blocks. Look for him to come back hungry and with a vengeance.

                    Pittsburgh Steelers -

                    Lawrence Timmons - The fact that they let Larry Foote go, shows that they have full confidence in Timmons. He is there fastest LB and is still getting a lot better. He's great on blitzes and will only get better in coverage as well. He is the next great Pittsburgh LB along with Woodley.

                    LaMarr Woodley - He was in the shadow if Harrison last year but I expect Harrison to slow down a bit and look for Woodley to be there premier pass rusher. He might not be great in coverage, but he is there best blitzing OLB.


                    Heath Miller - If this guy was on a pass happy team, he would be a top fantasy TE. Throughout all the Steeler games I've watched, I've seen him drop 1 pass. Look for Arians to utilize him more in the passing game because he is there best option.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Gary Barnidge in carolina, it's a homer pick, but he's the only really decent TE prospect we have. I love Rosario but he's looking more and more like a peerless price type of guy. one blow up game a year and that's it.

                      New orleans - Porter, great young CB and showed a lot of promise pre-injury.
                      Last edited by BlindSite; 07-29-2009, 10:19 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                        Baltimore Ravens -

                        Jared Gaither - allowed three sacks last year and was still learning and played hurt a coulpe of games.

                        Joe Flacco - He got better as the season went on and hasn't showed a sign of slowing down this offseason.

                        Ray Rice - Worked his ass off, topped McGahee on the depth chart and should get the majority of carries.

                        Tarvares Gooden - He is the man who will be replacing Butt Scott, he's a Miami LB and has spent a lot of the offseason with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. He's hella fast and will do all the dirty work.

                        Cleveland Browns -

                        D'Qwell Jackson - He had a very good year last season and he went under the radar, look for him to get better and better.

                        Cincinnati Bengals -

                        Keith Rivers - He was well on his way to being a stud on that defense until Hines Ward pulled another one of his cheap shot blocks. Look for him to come back hungry and with a vengeance.

                        Pittsburgh Steelers -

                        Lawrence Timmons - The fact that they let Larry Foote go, shows that they have full confidence in Timmons. He is there fastest LB and is still getting a lot better. He's great on blitzes and will only get better in coverage as well. He is the next great Pittsburgh LB along with Woodley.

                        LaMarr Woodley - He was in the shadow if Harrison last year but I expect Harrison to slow down a bit and look for Woodley to be there premier pass rusher. He might not be great in coverage, but he is there best blitzing OLB.


                        Heath Miller - If this guy was on a pass happy team, he would be a top fantasy TE. Throughout all the Steeler games I've watched, I've seen him drop 1 pass. Look for Arians to utilize him more in the passing game because he is there best option.
                        I agree with every player you picked. I might add Burnett/Sweed/Mendenhall over Miller because Arians isn't smart enough to use his most reliable receiver.

                        However, Timmons is excellent in coverage. He was covering #3 WR's last year. His issue is his ability to stuff the run is unproven.

                        Timmons is quoted by 2 reliable reporters to be at 245lbs and More Explosive than he has been the past 2 seasons.


                        And Cheap shot block? Tell Keith Rivers to look up.

                        Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          New York- Dominik Hixon- He showed talent last season and now he is a starter in place of Plax, his production should jump

                          Washington- Devin Thomas- He should play a bigger role this season and he is a gifted player, he should easily move Randle-El to the slot.

                          Dallas- Felix Jones- This guy was a monster and he is IMO going to be one of the best players in the NFC East very quickly. Last year he ran extremely well, averaging 8.9 YPC. He is also a very explosive kick returner and he is the runner I fear most on the Cowboys.

                          Eagles- LeSean "Shady" McCoy- This guy is doing great in training camp and he should see a fair amount of touches coming his way. He splits out wide, he catches very well in the flats and he is extremely smooth in all aspects of his game. I would've put Brent Celek here but with Cornelius Ingram being a total monster thus far, Celek should lose valuable targers to Ingram.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz
                            Ray Rice - Worked his ass off, topped McGahee on the depth chart and should get the majority of carries.

                            Tarvares Gooden - He is the man who will be replacing Butt Scott, he's a Miami LB and has spent a lot of the offseason with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. He's hella fast and will do all the dirty work.
                            T-Good and Ray Rice are both good choices. Also look out for Michael Oher and Jameel McClain.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              San Diego Chargers: Larry English - It's a rookie, but with him on that defense it's going to be even scarier for the AFC West than last year. I'm TOTALLY looking forward to them twice a year.

                              Denver Broncos: Knowshon Moreno - Another rookie. It'll be crazy with a legitimate top talent at RB with that offensive line, if they can keep it together. I actually like Orton as a dark horse here, because I've been a fan of his. Obviously he's no Cutler, but I think he can get it done.

                              Oakland Raiders: Zach Miller - I'm not sure you'd call this a "breakout" player, as he has been pretty solid so far, but I could see him having a much bigger season this year no matter who is taking snaps under center.

                              Kansas City Chiefs: I have two players I think could be breakout players for us. Glen Dorsey and Brad Cottam. Dorsey is a great talent, he was just used in the worst possible way. I think any production out of him this year could be considered break out by most of the fans/media. Brad Cottam will be a solid to good TE in this league, especially now that he's the starter and he has Cassel throwing to him. I like him a lot in this offense too, as is he a good blocker and can help out in that capacity as well.

                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information