"breakout players" from...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleveland Browns - D'Qwell Jackson, ILB
    He has been very good... in fact, on a team that did not score an offensive touchdown the last game, he still gave his all on every play. With Shaun Rogers in front of him, he has lots of protection to make plays. He knows how to read the field, has a ton of range, and makes plays in the passing game. Mangin is focusing his defense around Jackson, so he will have every opportunity to be the man.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Rashard Mendenhall, RB
    He was hurt last year, but his size, speed and running style fit the Steelers like a glove. He should be a terror if the Steelers can block for him. I'm not sure how true it is that Willie Parker is losing his effectiveness, but if that's true, Mendenhall will have a ton of opportunities to make a big impact.

Baltimore Ravens - Michael Oher, OT
    I fully expect him to be dominant at RT right from the start. I was hoping the Browns would take him to play opposite of Thomas, but Mack was a good consilation prize. The Ravens could end up with the best pair of bookend tackles in football this year and when you're going against guys like Lamar Woodley and James Harrison, it makes a huge difference.

Cincinnati Bengals - Keith Rivers, OLB
    It's an obvious pick just because of how overwhelmingly good he looked in the short time he played as a rookie. With Maualuga next to him, they should have a pretty good LB core. If the DLine can make some noise this year, the Bengals defense COULD improve by leaps and bounds and make some noise within the division.

Comment

SD - Antonio Cromartie: had a bad year last year but I expect him to bounce back and become a top 10 CB this year

OAK - Micheal Bush: after what he did to Tampa at season's end he deserves to be featured more this year.he and DMC could be a force

DEN - Robert Ayers: went with a rookie here.I was a fan of his in the draft and expect him to contribute right away

KC - Dwayne Bowe: this might surprise some.I think Bowe has been really good the first 2 year buit now with him being the focus with TG gone I expect The Show to explode big time this year

Comment

Rams - Gotta go with Chris Long. With Spags coaching him I would be surprised if he doesn't get double-digit sacks.

Seahawks - Brandon Mebane. Last year he was quietly one of the best 4-3 DT's in the league. Expect him to be mentioned with the likes of Kevin Williams and Tommie Harris this year.

Cardinals - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Had a fantastic rookie season and will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
          Gary Barnidge in carolina, it's a homer pick, but he's the only really decent TE prospect we have. I love Rosario but he's looking more and more like a peerless price type of guy. one blow up game a year and that's it.

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
          I agree with every player you picked. I might add Burnett/Sweed/Mendenhall over Miller because Arians isn't smart enough to use his most reliable receiver.

However, Timmons is excellent in coverage. He was covering #3 WR's last year. His issue is his ability to stuff the run is unproven.

Timmons is quoted by 2 reliable reporters to be at 245lbs and More Explosive than he has been the past 2 seasons.

And Cheap shot block? Tell Keith Rivers to look up.

Ahhh. I start a thread about divisional teams and look which two stop by to talk about well, only their own team. Priceless.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

49ers - Josh Morgan - he was limited early in the year by a staph infection, in 2008, but is now starting opposite Issac Bruce.

Cards - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - I dont know who else they have at corner that can start besides McFadden.

Seattle Seahawks - John Carlson - a healthy Hasselbeck means he'll bet getting more than 5 TDs, 627 yards and 55 receptions.

Rams - Donnie Avery - this is assuming someone can get the ball to him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I don't think you could consider Carlson a breakout player this year. As a matter of fact, all of those guys broke out last year. We all know who they are and their potential. Maybe to the casual fantasy football fan, they haven't broken out yet making your list acceptable. They all had decent years last year. But then again, how do you define a break out player?

Green Bay : Jermichael Finley was said twice so I'll go with Jeremy Thompson although he was an honorable mention on a list.

Minnesota : Tyrell Johnson. I really liked the saftey from Arkansas coming out. I think he can do big things filling in for Sharper.

Detroit : Let me get back to this one.

Chicago : Gotta go with Greg Olsen, Cutler will help him a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                Ahhh. I start a thread about divisional teams and look which two stop by to talk about well, only their own team. Priceless.
                I would have put the same players from other teams. Sorry for the minor correction about my teams players.

So sorry, I didn't realize who started this thread, or else I would've known that I am completely incapable of providing any information.

But anyways.

Ravens: Ray Rice: Was a great runner at Rutgers. Word is he unseated McGahee this year. With No WR's he's going to be the main man on offense. They have the OL to let him rip loose, I'm excited to see what he can do.

Bengals: Anthony Collins. I wasn't a fan when he came out but Watching him step in a few games last season he was solid. If he works the kinks out I see no reason why he can't be the franchise LT. Which Makes me wonder if Smith would be better served at RT with Collins at Left?

Browns: I'm stuck between two here. Jerome Harrison or Brandon McDonald. I don't think either will be considered elite but I think they'll finally get some serious Playtime. Both have shown to be exceptional when called upon, I'm wondering if they play that way full time. I'm a fan of McDonald. Makes some phenomenal plays.
                Last edited by Mr. Stiller; 07-29-2009, 07:32 PM.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Atlanta - William Moore and Stephen Nicholas
                  Carolina - Richard Marshall
                  Tampa Bay - Quincy Black

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

Bills- Trent Edwards. An upgraded o-line and T.O. Nuff said, really.

Patriots- Brendan Merriweather. Enters his first year as the full time starter. Was a playmaker last year when given the shot and took advantage of it.

Dolphins- Jason Taylor. Back to his home team- after a disappointing season in Washington- I think he'll be back to form. Not DPOY form but comparatively so.

Jets- Dustin Keller. Had a good year with Favre last year. Sanchez is a young rookie who'll look for Keller to get him out of trouble especially with the lack of WR talent on the team.
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                      Bills- Trent Edwards. An upgraded o-line and T.O. Nuff said, really.
                      Wait what?

Comment

I know what you're about to say- they lost Peters.
                        They did draft several interior o-lineman though that should make an immediate impact
                        and the Bills are very content with the guy replacing Peters.

Regardless- Edwards is my choice for the Bills
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

They did draft several interior o-lineman though that should make an immediate impact

Yeah Peters has gone downhill, imo. C Eric Wood and OG Andy Levitre (with the pick they got from the Cowboys) are the guys they took... Nice additions.

Comment

didn't Peters give up the most sacks by a LT last year (11.5 IIRC)?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Go Celtics
                              Go Irish
                              Go Ravens

Comment

Jaguars: Mike Walker. It's now or never, and if he can avoid further injury and get over the numerous persona tragedies that plagued him last year he has the ability to break onto the scene in a big way.

Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Gonzales. He's produced pretty well his first two years, but I think a big 1,000 yard, 8 TD year is inevitable come this year.

Tennessee Titans: Jason Jones. Someone has to fill the void Haynesworth has left on that line. Jones won't get the fans to forget about Haynesworth, but he'll do his best.

Houston Texans: Xavier Adibi. I think he really goes far to fill a niche in that defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information