Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should it be assumed that the Eagles defense will be among best again in 09?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    That's putting it lightly, he would be starting on a lot of teams...
    No he wouldn't be. I'm sure he would have signed somewhere else if that was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
      The Eagles fans are sure there is nothing to worry about. That's a big surprise...

And Rex Ryan thought enough of Sheppard to trade a couple of draft picks for him. I didn't "freak out" as one defensive Eagles fan exaggerated. I just pointed out his loss.
      Loss? Try our gain. He was god awful last season and he wasn't great the year before either, there is a reason we signed Asante.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Loss? Try our gain. He was god awful last season and he wasn't great the year before either, there is a reason we signed Asante.
        And there's also a reason we re-signed Hanson to a multi-year deal instead of Lito.

Comment

Lito is no loss. Dawkins and JJ will be missed, but we have more than adequate replacements in Demps and McDermott.

Comment

Nobody seems to be talking about how the loss of Jim Johnson, Brian Dawkins and Lito Sheppard will affect the Eagles defense on the field. It's almost like most people take it for granted that the Eagles will be among the highest ranked defenses in the league again. I don't know the Eagles defense well enough to say how the changes will affect them. I'm not sure the Eagles have a clue how their defense will play at this point. I'm wondering what other fans think. I always liked watching the aggressive Jim Johnson defenses led by Brian Dawkins.
            You can add MLB Stewart Bradley to that list, he tore his ACL and is out for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
              You can add MLB Stewart Bradley to that list, he tore his ACL and is out for the season.
              Which will hurt more than any of the aforementioned losses that Eagles will have, I like the Eagles defense but IMHO it will not be as good as it was last year. Dawkins leadership will be missed, and before we call Demps an adequate replacement lets see him start a couple of games first, but they always have a beast in Mikell at SS to make up for it. I have a very good reason to believe that McDermott will replace Jim Johnson (RIP) with relative ease, but the only thing I see as a problem may be leadership/chemistry in his first year as the DC. I still think the Eagles will be in the top half of the league in defense if they can avoid anymore injuries.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Juqua Parker caught with marijuana.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/news...,1470639.story

Yay.

Comment

Matt Wilhelm signed with the Eagles right? Ugh. All you really need to know is that he is better known in San Diego as Matt Whiffhelm, the least physical LB in the league. He lost his job to Tim Dobbins.

Comment

I would bet against the Eagles being a top 10 defense this year. If they are, Sean McDermot should get the award NFL's for top assistant. There is an award for that...right?

Comment

I am sure they will be. Their defensive line seems to produce no matter who plays on it, and they still have Asante Samuel.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would bet against the Eagles being a top 10 defense this year. If they are, Sean McDermot should get the award NFL's for top assistant. There is an award for that...right?
                        He will be rewarded an HC position within 2 years.
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Like I suspected, the Eagles defense was down this year.

Comment

Eagles D Sucks and their CB are over-rated.

Comment

what's with the recent trend of people bumping up ancient threads? this is like the 5th in the past couple weeks or so.
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Like I suspected, the Eagles defense was down this year.
                                Samuel is overrated but Brown is great.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post. Whoops.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information