No announcement yet.

Training Camp Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like Vasher is slacking and if he doesnt improve, Zack Bowman might take over his Starting position

Comment

• The Panthers are loving Mike Goodson and Captain Munnerlyn. Goodson showed how incredibly fast he is many times and will see playing time for sure this year.

Munnerlyn is actually in the hunt for the nickle, and his name wasn't called at all other than to talk about his impressive camp. The best thing for a corner is to be anonymous. He has been physical at the line and was aggressive with Smith in practice.

Dwayne Jarrett is also practicing well and is getting nods from the teammates. He was thrown to at least three times, though only one was a good throw albeit still short of the first down.

The Panthers must get a DT though.

Comment

• Chaz Schilens: Out at Least One Month

Jared Allen misses practice with leg/ankle/foot injury
        Last edited by Splat; 08-19-2009, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• EDIT: Already been posted, my b
          Last edited by JFLO; 08-19-2009, 01:25 PM.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
            Seems like Vasher is slacking and if he doesnt improve, Zack Bowman might take over his Starting position
            Vasher was good when there was a consistent pass rush and he was able to control the zones and makes reads on passes. Now that the pass rush isn't what it was he's forced to play more man and stay with his receiver which he can't do. I saw all I needed to in the preseason game when he got roasted by Lee Evans on a double move and right after that Evans abused him for another first down. Plus I think his confidence is absolutely shot.

I would love to see Vash at the Nickel spot if both Bowman and Tillman are healthy but he's not a starting cornerback in this league right now.

Lovie has repeatedly called Vash out for his play in TC so far and the game against Buffalo didn't help. Yeah it was preseason but he's also fighting for his job and I would have expected him to show up in that game, instead Evans made him his *****.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I love Schilens. I wished he and JLH weren't on the Raiders because those two are two of my favorite Raiders.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
                Vasher was good when there was a consistent pass rush and he was able to control the zones and makes reads on passes. Now that the pass rush isn't what it was he's forced to play more man and stay with his receiver which he can't do. I saw all I needed to in the preseason game when he got roasted by Lee Evans on a double move and right after that Evans abused him for another first down. Plus I think his confidence is absolutely shot.

I would love to see Vash at the Nickel spot if both Bowman and Tillman are healthy but he's not a starting cornerback in this league right now.

Lovie has repeatedly called Vash out for his play in TC so far and the game against Buffalo didn't help. Yeah it was preseason but he's also fighting for his job and I would have expected him to show up in that game, instead Evans made him his *****.
                Evans has such a sick double move :)
                Can't wait to see him in frequent single coverage.

Comment

• Vasher has been getting roasted by the likes of Earl Bennett, Brandon Rideau, and Devin Aromashodu in practice. His game is shot to hell right now.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Apparently the Raiders-49ers join practices have been filled with intensity and competitiveness.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_13155110

Gore was a 217-pound wrecking ball and treated Brown like a condemned building. He delivered a whopper of a block that finished with Brown's back planted into the turf.

Comment

• Denver Broncos

WR Brandon Marshall said Wednesday that he and the Broncos have "trust issues" and gave no indication the relationship can be fixed. Marshall is unhappy with everything from his contract to the team's medical and public relations staff.

Cleveland Browns

First-round pick Alex Mack has been making fewer mistakes as training camp has progressed. If he and fellow C Hank Fraley play to a draw, look for Mack to start, a scenario the Browns would prefer.

Comment

• trust issues again in Broncoland

Comment

• http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...e-defense.html

it seems the Niners' D had their way with the Raiders this morning:

Originally posted by Matt Maiocco
                          Nate Clements picked off a JaMarcus Russell pass in 7-on-7. But once an 11-on-11 red zone period began, things got out of control.

Clements intercepted two more passes, while Dre' Bly and rookie outside linebacker Diyral Briggs picked off a pass apiece. Russell and Raiders reserve QB Bruce Gradkowski were intercepted twice apiece during the drill.

"I was talking to Shaun and Alex and I said, 'You don't feed us like that in practice,'" said veteran cornerback Dre' Bly. "They fed us today. That buffet was good.

Bly and Nate Clements said it was the best practice either has witnessed in their combined 20 years of professional football. Briggs said it was the best practice he has seen at any level of football.

"I felt we played at a level that they could not match," Clements said.

Both Clements and Bly credited Shawntae Spencer, who had some words while being matched against Raiders rookie receiver Louis Murphy in one-on-one drills.

"A Florida guy," Bly said of Murphy. "They've got two national championships, so I guess you feel like you can dome into this league and talk. I was telling one of the guys, national championships on this level is equivalent to a high school state championship. Nobody cares. That's in the past.

"Murphy got things going, and from that point on, we just dominated practice."

"I felt like we played at a level that they couldn't match," Clements said.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Raiders fans, are you happy with TE Brandon Myers?

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                              Raiders fans, are you happy with TE Brandon Myers?
                              He's been pretty solid. Won't make any game changing plays though.
                              Peyton Manning Fanboy
                              Originally posted by Complex
                              They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                                Raiders fans, are you happy with TE Brandon Myers?
                                He continues to surprise in the passing game. I didn't think he would be able to contribute much there. Obviously limited upside with the guy, though. Not much of a threat in the redzone either.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information