Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Network's Top Ten Snakebitten franchises of all time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    But the biggest thing that earned the Oilers their spot was the early 90s. Some call those teams the biggest waste of talent in NFL history. Go back and look at the rosters they had... absolutely stacked, but they could not close the deal.
    Not even with a 32 point lead.

Still, if they earned #5 based on the early 90's, then Buffalo should be top 2 based on their early 90s.

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    There was that WIDE RIGHT thing with the Buffalo kicker on the FG attempt, at least they got into a position to win over the Giants in the late 4th qtr. in that 87 (?? I forget exactly) SB, so your point, djp, is valid. I especially enjoyed watching Cornelius Bennett grabbing Simms underneath the corner of his shoulderpad as he was going down from the blocking back hitting him low & Bennett flung Simms like a ragdoll as he released the pass & it went spiraling into nowhere, one of my fave SB memories, & involving an Alabama player too.
    He was talking about the Vikings. And Bills-Giants was the 90 season.
    But nice CB memory.

Comment

Love it that you attack the poster instead of the post, so classy, those Cincy fans...... /sarcasm/ Can you show me another NFL team with more banned players than Cincy? No? Well then.

Since you mentioned the Tide, it is regrettable that your Bengals drafted Andre Smith 1st last April. That's b/c the Bengals are the new Raiders, the team where careers go to die, or I'll just use your words....just the most punk ass team in history as far as being convicted of certain crimes, hey if that shoe fits, wear it. Historically the Bengals have lost other SBs long before the issues of felons on the roster emerged, notably 2 of them lost to the 9ers.... is that enough depth for you?

And I don't use twitter, & don't call me holmes, Bengals homer apologist. I thought the Raiders homers were bad, but geez.... I usually sympathize with Bengals fans b/c it's not their fault Mike Brown has taken the team he inherited from his iconic father & ran it into the ground, but when they attack the critics, well, it's open season on homers.
      About as classy as you lumping every Bengals fan into this because 1 guy shot you down.

Also, I can't remember a single Bengals player that's ever been banned in the history of the franchise.

Comment

Yeah I'm completely confused as to why Buffalo is all the way down at 10. I wouldn't have argued if they were #1. Losing 4 super bowls in a row is the definition of "snake bitten."

Comment

haha, so he responds by saying I have no class and am a 'bengals homer apologist'. The neg rep was a nice touch though, I'll give you that.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Thank you Ladainian for getting us off that list.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
              Thank you Junior Seau for getting us off that list.
              is that better?

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                is that better?
                Junior is hardly the only great player we've had, but yes any time I see his name it is better. He was around for the Crushing in the Super Bowl though so you could argue he had a part in some snakebiting. Ah, Say-Ow. First jersey I ever had. I'm going to go pet it...

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  Junior is hardly the only great player we've had, but yes any time I see his name it is better. He was around for the Crushing in the Super Bowl though so you could argue he had a part in some snakebiting. Ah, Say-Ow. First jersey I ever had. I'm going to go pet it...
                  Speaking of Seau, there is a guy in the NRL here in Australia called Junior Sau. Not a fan of the NRL so it was a spin out when I heard what I thought was Junior Seau playing rugby league in Australia :P

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                    KC should be higher.If we had any offense whatsoever in the early-mid 90's with the defense we had we could have had another SB or 2
                    Or a defense earlier in the decade.

Who has the most bitter fanbase of those 10?

Comment

This offense with the Dome Patrol=3 straight super bowls easy.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                        Speaking of Seau, there is a guy in the NRL here in Australia called Junior Sau. Not a fan of the NRL so it was a spin out when I heard what I thought was Junior Seau playing rugby league in Australia :P
                        I hate league.. I'm more a union fan. When they're not fighting, they're dirty tackling. Not my thing.

Comment

Based on recent performances, the Raiders s/b here as the most mismanaged team in the NFL. Also the Rams, St. Louis flavor only, all things considered the LA Rams were pretty damn good.
                          WRONG

The Raiders still have maintained a top 5 winning percentage in the super bowl era. 17 division championships, tops in the AFC west by a WIDE margain, 5 super bowl apperances and 3 wins. Even though they have stunk lately the past is so great, historic and storied.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                            Or a defense earlier in the decade.

Who has the most bitter fanbase of those 10?

that's true as well

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFan View Post
                              WRONG

The Raiders still have maintained a top 5 winning percentage in the super bowl era. 17 division championships, tops in the AFC west by a WIDE margain, 5 super bowl apperances and 3 wins. Even though they have stunk lately the past is so great, historic and storied.
                              He said recent performances. :/

So RIGHT.

Comment

You guys are spoiled.

I would gladly take 4 blown super bowls over never being in one, and having 2 playoff wins in team history.
                                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information