Dont $&^# With Tom Cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont $&^# With Tom Cable

The always volatile Oakland Raiders are now fighting amongst themselves -- in the coaching ranks, no less.

According to a report Monday on the Web site National Football Post, Raiders defensive assistant Randy Hanson was punched in the jaw by another member of the team's coaching staff during an Aug. 5 altercation at Oakland's training camp headquarters at the Napa Valley Marriott.

Multiple NFL and Raiders sources have confirmed the victim of the alleged assault was Hanson, a third-year assistant who is in his first season with the team under the title "assistant coach-defense." Two NFL sources have told FanHouse the attacker was Raiders' first-year head coach Tom Cable, and "that Hanson never saw it coming."

Neither Hanson nor the coach who threw the punch were identified in a Napa, Calif., police report taken Aug. 6 at Queen of the Valley Hospital. But one well-placed NFL source told FanHouse of the attacker: "It's a well-known coach. Very well-known."

Pressed to confirm the identity of the attacker, the source said, "It was Cable who hit him."

According to Napa Police Lt. Brian McGovern, police followed procedure in responding to the downtown Napa hospital when Hanson arrived to receive treatment for what was described as an injured jaw.

X-rays were taken. The results are not known, although one NFL source told FanHouse Hanson sustained a fractured jaw as a result of the punch.
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/08/17/s...-during-alterc
    Last edited by Saints 4 Lyfe; 08-17-2009, 06:08 PM.

Haha...wow. Reminds me of when Kreutz broke Fred Miller's face only it's even worse because it's coaches. ****.

Comment

lol, the raiders are awesome

Comment

someone let me know if he goes on tour.
        maybe i can book him for denver so he can meet with Mickey D

Comment

raiders news is always entertaining

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Funny how the guy who looks like he lacks class, really doesn't.

Comment

he's got to be getting paid off something at least.

Hanson told police the alleged assault took place at the Raiders' training camp site the day before, but he refused to name the attacker, which is hindering a police investigation into whether misdemeanor or even felony assault charges may be filed. A jaw fracture could warrant felony charges.

Comment

Not surprising at all.
                Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Screw Cutler and Vick, this is easily the best story of the offseason. Fractured his jaw baby! Bad asssss

Comment

This happened Aug. 6 and absolutely nothing 'til now?

Comment

Cable: Now Hansen, what are you going to say when people ask about your jaw?

Hansen: (Sobbing) I fell.....

Comment

Originally posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
                        Cable: Now Hansen, what are you going to say when people ask about your jaw?

Hansen: (Sobbing) I fell.....
                        Funny, that's exactly how I envisioned it.

Comment

I'm glad nothing like this has ever happened in Panthers camp...

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                            I'm glad nothing like this has ever happened in Panthers camp...
                            Coaches >>> Players.

I wish somebody had taken a swing at the naked drive thru guy over in Detroit...pulitzer worthy material.

Comment

Used to be the Raiders had tough guys on the field now they're reduced to fights with the coaching staff. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information