No announcement yet.

All Indispensable Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titans fans gotta love KVB, but no way is he #1. The Titans have decent enough depth on the DL so losing KVB wouldn't kill the team - they kinda showed that last season, no?

The real player the Titans could NOT afford to lose is LT Michael Roos, and here's why - first, the Titans don't have proven OT depth and, in particular, lack any LT depth at all. Secondly, Roos is one of the best pass blocking LT's in the game and is 90% of why Kerry Collins was sacked so few times. We all know what Kerry Collins looks like with pressure bearing down.

While the DL is more important to the Titans than pass blocking, to say the Titans Super Bowl hopes rest on KVB's mad man shoulders is a big exaggeration. I'd put Chris Johnson and, of course, Michael Roos ahead of him in importance.

EDIT: looking around at the other choices, wow, I guess KVB was one of the better selections reality wise, some of these are terrible choices.
    Last edited by OzTitan; 08-20-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
      I love the guy to death and stuff and he might have been underrated last season but he influence people expect him to have this season is just crazy
      For real. I think Thomas isn't recognized for how good of a runner he is, because our line forces him to break a tackle in the backfield... but lol?
      Originally posted by SNIPER26
      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

No way is it Greg Jennings for the Packers. He's a great WR and it'd hurt if we lost him, but we'd still have a decent WR group without him. Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, and Ruvell Martin would still be a better 1-4 than some teams have at full strength.

This would be my top five in order:

Aaron Rodgers
        Ryan Grant
        Aaron Kampman
        Cullen Jenkins
        Chad Clifton

Comment

I understand why they picked Mason for the Ravens but I got to with E Reed. Although the defense is excellent the corners are the weakness. They could exposed against top WR's. But, becuase #20 is patrolling deep, very few teams challenge the Ravens deep. And when theydo, he makes them pay. Reed's presence allows the front seven to bring so much pressure and exotic looks because they have the confidence teams aren't going to go deep on them.

Comment

Big Ben would be a bigger blow to our team than Aaron Smith.

Comment

so SI believes Thomas>>>Brees

ok gotcha.

Comment

I don't see how KVB is indispensable? The Titans have kinda grown accustomed to not having him on the field for 2-3 games a season. If anyone is indispensable its Bulluck or Roos or Mawae

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                  Big Ben would be a bigger blow to our team than Aaron Smith.
                  Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                  so SI believes Thomas>>>Brees

ok gotcha.
                  Read the article...

And since losing a starting quarterback, obviously, would be devastating to every team, we left them out of this little exercise.

Comment

How on Earth is a guy that you spent a 2nd rounder to get is your most valuable player? To me thats saying none of your current players you value for a 1st or 2nd.

Comment

I hate people who dont read the thread.

Comment

Shaun Smith? He's been on the team for what.. a week? It took me a second to realize that's who they were talking about. At first I thought he meant Kevin Smith. That'd be fine, but how couldn't it be Calvin Johnson? Gosder Cherilus would be a better pick than Shaun Smith. Ernie Sims, Julian Peterson, Larry Foote, Louis Delmas, Cliff Avril, Anthony Henry, Philip Buchanon..

Comment

The Vikings pick is definitely Steve Hutchinson. Adrian is a god, but Chester Taylor ran for 1300 yards the year before we drafted Peterson.

Hutchinson is the best lineman in the game and it really isn't close. The guy does not get beat, ever. Worth every penny. He's the guy that made Shaun Alexander's career. It went down the toilet once he left.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

He got the Bucs one 100% correct. Barrett Ruud is the heart of the Tampa Defense and if he goes down we'll be starting someone like Niko Koutovides. :(

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                              The Vikings pick is definitely Steve Hutchinson. Adrian is a god, but Chester Taylor ran for 1300 yards the year before we drafted Peterson.

Hutchinson is the best lineman in the game and it really isn't close. The guy does not get beat, ever. Worth every penny. He's the guy that made Shaun Alexander's career. It went down the toilet once he left.
                              I agree with you. The next closest guy imo, would probably be Jared Allen, he helped out our pass rush so much, which in turn helped out our secondary, which should only get better this year(after getting rid of Sharper and Griffin having another year, and getting EJ back). If we were to lose Adrian, Chester would do just fine.

sig by BK and avy by me
                              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                              If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Zero chance Marshall is Denvers. Clady wins my vote. Without a great o-line what the hell do we have? (answer is not much). There is still Royal, Stokely, Scheff, and Gaffney that are all NFL-quality pass catchers.

It is also obvious based on last year that the defense is considerably worse when DJ Williams or Champ arent back there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information