No announcement yet.

Would Denver hire Josh McDaniels today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Denver hire Josh McDaniels today?

Knowing the way it has unfolded, would Denver hire McDaniels today?

When he came on they were a young team with young potential superstars at some extremely key positions (QB, OT, WR) and were just a good RB away from being possibly the most loaded offensive team in the league. While they may have had a really bad defense, they did have some quality players to build around (DJ, an aging Champ, Dumervil, etc) and it looked like the team just needed one or all of the following: 1) simple tweaking, 2) a fresh voice and/or 3) a change in mentality.

McDaniels was supposed to provide that for the team by taking the offense to the next level while kick starting the defense.

Now? We all know the story.

NeckBeard at QB.

Marshall practicing with the scout team and likely the next one out of town.

A stream of strange stories coming out of the organization.

Naked women walking up and down the sidelines offering lap dances during practices.

I only made one of those things up.

Does Bowlen still make the hire if he can see into the future? I'd really like to hear from Denver fans in particular on this one.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

I don't think so

Comment

Why wouldnt they? They have the amazing neckbeard at QB

Comment

would if the broncos have an amazing season and we all look stupid at the end of the year by questioning the great coach mcdaniels?

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
          would if the broncos have an amazing season and we all look stupid at the end of the year by questioning the great coach mcdaniels?
          I'll take that chance.

Comment

for **** sake people stop making thread about him until he gets at least a couple games under his belt(please dont i know there will be 10 made anyways)

Comment

All McDanials did was lost Cutler. Everything else was going to happen anyway. For example the Marshall thing.
              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
              Just let it go RWO.
              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

This is stupid. Why would they?

Comment

This year the Broncos will have a solid season, and at the end of next season you will all wish your organisation could lure McDaniels away to coach them.

and I agree with earlier poster, why start yet another Broncos/McDaniels bashing thread before the season has already started? How about you wait until the Broncos are 3-0 after beating Cinci, Cleveland and Oakland before starting the next McDaniels is an idiot thread?

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                    All McDanials did was lost Cutler. Everything else was going to happen anyway. For example the Marshall thing.
                    Ah alright. Basically running your teams best player out of town should qualify as a career ender with your current organization. Nope nope nope he would not be hired today

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
                      How about you wait until the Broncos are 3-0 after beating Cinci, Cleveland and Oakland before starting the next McDaniels is an idiot thread?
                      I think I could coach the Broncos to a 3-0 record with that schedule.

Comment

I thought it was stupid to hire him in the first place. If they knew they were going to end up losing Cutler I would think that they would have hired someone else.

Comment

Yes, because Bowlen saw the future of hiring Spags as well. It was ugly. He got in to a fist fight with Champ, Marshall and Cutler all at once and all three were released. That was much worse.

Honestly, Cutler is gone, but that is not totally McDaniels fault. It's like 30 Josh, 20 Bowlen, 50 Jay. Anyone who blames McD 100 percent should work on dislodging their head from their ass. Marshall's problems have absolutely nothing to do with McDaniels. At all.

McDaniels has had a shakey offseason, but that is hardly reason for him to be crucified in the preseason. With Shanny being fired, I expected a shakey offseason no matter who was hired. I didn't expect Cutler to be traded, but I knew there would be some changes. At least let the man make it part way through the season before the flood of "ZOMG WORST COACH EVERZZ"
                          Last edited by the decider13; 08-27-2009, 12:09 AM.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                          Originally posted by Job
                          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Honestly, I think whoever would have been hired would have butt heads with Cutler anyways. The guy wanted out since Shanahan and Bates was let go. Remember another important thing about the whole situation, Bowlen claimed the reason he went through with the trade was because Cutler wouldn't return any of his calls. Now you could say that wouldn't have happened if the talks of the Cassel trade hadn't surfaced, but it's just weird that things got taken that far over something like this. Of course when you have Bus Cook as your agent, there always tends to be fireworks in the offseason.

Comment

This offseason has been hell for them. Seriously. Personally, I think SABF is cursed.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information