No announcement yet.

Would Denver hire Josh McDaniels today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they'd have rather gone after chucky or tried to lure away any other assistant available other than McDaniels.

I think right now everyone is just holding on and hoping against all odds the rollercoaster finishes with success.

Comment

I'm glad people didn't go hard after Grimm, though I doubt he stays an assistant for more than 1 more year

Comment

Of course he would still be hired he has a regular season loss record of 0. Cutler is way more to blame than McDaniels for him leaving. So what if he tried to get Cassell. He's your boss get over it. Apart from Cutler being a ***** and Marshall being a prima donna it hasnt been horrible for Denver. They still an above average offensive line, drafted a potentially very good running back, a good receiving corps(especially with Marshall) and have begun retooling his defense. After we have seen what he could do with Cassell we should at least give him a chance with Orton

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          for **** sake people stop making thread about him until he gets at least a couple games under his belt(please dont i know there will be 10 made anyways)
          lol if you think this is bad, wait until ESPN starts talking about this story. Everyone better hope that Denver has success.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
            Of course he would still be hired he has a regular season loss record of 0. Cutler is way more to blame than McDaniels for him leaving. So what if he tried to get Cassell. He's your boss get over it. Apart from Cutler being a ***** and Marshall being a prima donna it hasnt been horrible for Denver. They still an above average offensive line, drafted a potentially very good running back, a good receiving corps(especially with Marshall) and have begun retooling his defense. After we have seen what he could do with Cassell we should at least give him a chance with Orton
            Yep, that pretty much covers it.

Comment

Everyone should realize that this is not a thread intended to bash McDaniels. Aside from laughing at a few of the dumber stories I've heard, I could care less either way. I'm wondering if Bronco management is still behind the signing or if they wish they could get a do over (since obviously you're not going to fire him right before the season) at this point in time.

So all the butt hurt Bronco fans can calm down and just answer the ******* question.
              Originally posted by 21ST
              He was protecting his self
              Originally posted by tjsunstein
              From what? His leg?
              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

At least they got Alphonso Smith.
                Originally posted by njx9
                i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Of course no announcement or public statement has been made, I'm just asking people to speculate on how they think he feels.

Personally, from where I stand, if I was in his shoes and I could have a do over, I would look elsewhere given what I know now.

It's very simple, and I think its relevant. Just because it could (potentially) reflect badly on the organization doesn't mean that there is no reason to talk about it. This is one of the most unique situations I have ever seen in the NFL.

A young, wet-behind-the-ears coach comes in, thinking he's hot **** because he has been tutored by this "uber genius" Bill Belichick, decides he's going to clean house and do things "his way" and immediately begins to down grade positions on the team thinking that he can "coach 'em up" and have a better team as a result, giving a way a 26 year old franchise QB in the process. You would be hard pressed to find anything like this in NFL history. It's not like he took over the Lions, a team already bereft of much talent. The Broncos were a playoff caliber team at times last year, and looked to have one of the best offenses in the league going into this year. Now? I wouldn't be surprised if they finish in the bottom third.
                  Originally posted by 21ST
                  He was protecting his self
                  Originally posted by tjsunstein
                  From what? His leg?
                  Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                  That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                  "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

If the Broncos hired Spagnuolo instead of McDumbass, they'd be a SB caliber team within 2 years.

I was surprised they didn't hire him. He was a perfect fit for that team.

EDIT: I must admit though, they do look better so far than I expected. Maybe all of us are counting out McDaniels a little too soon.
                    Last edited by bigbluedefense; 08-27-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      If the Broncos hired Spagnuolo instead of McDumbass, they'd be a SB caliber team within 2 years.

I was surprised they didn't hire him. He was a perfect fit for that team.

EDIT: I must admit though, they do look better so far than I expected. Maybe all of us are counting out McDaniels a little too soon.
                      To be fair, Spag did his own house cleaning in St. Louis as well. I just think that Cutler would have wanted out either way and used the trade talks as excuse to either get a new contract or leave Denver since both Shanahan and Bates were gone.

Comment

How about Brandon Marshall's latest antics?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/vide...420/index.html

The Broncos 2009 off-season, the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post

Of course it was his fault. Everyone and their mother knows cutler is 10x better now and forever then cassel. If you have a young developing star player that wants to be there you dont initiate trade talks for him.

Comment

Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
                            Of course it was his fault. Everyone and their mother knows cutler is 10x better now and forever then cassel. If you have a young developing star player that wants to be there you dont initiate trade talks for him.
                            http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/03/...-to-be-traded/
                            According to SIís Peter King, Jay Cutler had asked the Broncos to trade him after the team lost offensive coordinator Jim Bates to USC after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                              Knowing the way it has unfolded, would Denver hire McDaniels today?

When he came on they were a young team with young potential superstars at some extremely key positions (QB, OT, WR) and were just a good RB away from being possibly the most loaded offensive team in the league. While they may have had a really bad defense, they did have some quality players to build around (DJ, an aging Champ, Dumervil, etc) and it looked like the team just needed one or all of the following: 1) simple tweaking, 2) a fresh voice and/or 3) a change in mentality.

McDaniels was supposed to provide that for the team by taking the offense to the next level while kick starting the defense.

Now? We all know the story.

NeckBeard at QB.

Marshall practicing with the scout team and likely the next one out of town.

A stream of strange stories coming out of the organization.

Naked women walking up and down the sidelines offering lap dances during practices.

I only made one of those things up.

Does Bowlen still make the hire if he can see into the future? I'd really like to hear from Denver fans in particular on this one.
                              Please say you made up the thing about NeckBeard.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                                How about Brandon Marshall's latest antics?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/vide...420/index.html

The Broncos 2009 off-season, the gift that keeps on giving.
                                What an idiot douche. No character, no class, no integrity, just some piece of **** who can run and catch a ball. He shouldn't get paid a dime.

If he should trip over his own feet and break his face, I won't shed a tear.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information