No announcement yet.

Preseason performers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WR Mohammed Massaquoi - He seems like he could be very special in this league... most figured Robiskie would be ahead of Massaquoi, but that has not been the case. Massaquoi has been making spectacular catches in camp, running solid routes, and using his size (6'2" 207lbs) to his advantage).

CB Coye Francies - He was a guy who fell in the draft and is playing with a chip on his shoulder. Had an INT in preseason and showed he could hit too when he put a lick on Tyrell Sutton (who went to my highschool). In a good group of corners, Francies is making it hard to ignore his ability. He has a big frame and has used it to blanket receivers in coverage.

RB James Davis - He was a force at the beginning of camp, but fell off towards the end... until the 81 yard run against the Lions. Yes, it was 2nd/3rd teamers, but he showed a 2nd gear and broke one guy's ankles badly.

FB Lawrence Vickers - He is making his case that he's the best fullback in football.

DE/OLB Kamerion Wimbley - The guy has been all over the field in both preseason games making plays... I hope this is a sign of things to come.

DE/OLB Alex Hall - He has gotten a lot better since last year as the lanky kid out of St. Augustine. Hall has displayed good instincts against the run, as a pass rusher, and has the athleticism to cover running backs in the passing game.

DE/OLB Marcus Benard - Undrafted free agent from Jackson State just keeps making plays... he put a hit on a Green Bay QB forcing an INT as well as having a sack. I will not be surprised if he makes the team.

ILB/OLB/DE David Veikune - Despite the overwhelming difficuly of learning 2 new positions, Veikune is having success. Primarily focused on ILB, Veikune had an INT against the Packers, but he is making most of his noise in camp.

CB Eric Wright - He's a ball hawk and I really believe Eric Wright is ready to break out and be a Pro Bowl caliber player this year... he has been a terror in coverage, including picking off Matt Stafford.

S Abram Elam - He might have the most INTs of anyone in camp and some media outlets are predicting a huge season for Elam. I believe Peter King predicted he'd make the Pro Bowl, which is huge considering the field

WR/KR/PR Josh Cribbs - I was concerned that the wedge rule change would hurt Cribbs, but evidently not as he took a 95 yard kick off return agains the Lions which was called back and then had a punt return TD that was not called back. Most surprising of all for Cribbs is he actually looks like a WR now... he has a ways to go, but he can be a contributor this year as a WR and he is extremely dangerous after the catch
    Last edited by wonderbredd24; 08-27-2009, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
      Goodson has really been a revelation
      he couldnt run between the tackles to save his life, every time, he cuts outside asap.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

JaMarcus Russell has looked alot better so far for us. I think hes 14/20 with a TD. If he is able to have a good passing % and not turn it over to often, we should be fine.

Mario Henderson is also playing good a LT, Chaz Schilens looked great against Dallas, and the D looks alright when Nnamdi is in the game. Once hes out everything falls apart

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
          I would say ILB Corey Mays for the Chiefs we picked him up only to play SP teams but has worked his way in to the starting line up by having a heck of a camp and flashing in games.
          This. Dude has been amazing in games and apparently has had some good practices. Our defense overall (first team) has been playing better. Tyson Jackson is alright but our LBs are playing really well.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Jets

Leon Washington
            Dustin Keller
            David Clowney
            O-line
            Calvin Pace
            David Harris

Comment

Ziggy Hood. 3 sacks in 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                QB Tony Romo
                RB Felix Jones
                RB Keon Lattimore
                WR Sam Hurd
                WR Patrick Crayton
                TE Martellus Bennett
                ILB Bobby Carpenter
                NT Jay Ratliff
                Entire starting offensive line
                wow, cool.

Desmond Bishop from the Packers has been playing pretty well.

Rey Mauluga beasted from what i saw in the pats game.

RIP ST

Comment

Anthony Hargrove for the Saints has turned it into another gear.

Comment

He's Back!

Comment

Al Afalava, the OLine and Earl Bennett

Comment

Gerald McRath (<3) is tied for 1st in tackles with 16 and has a fumble recovery.

Javon Ringer (<3) is 9th in rushing yards with 98, is averaging 6.1 YPC, and has a TD.

Kenny Britt (<3 x2) has 6 receptions for 89 yards and a TD, ranking him 23rd.

Jared Cook (<3) is 10th in receiving yards with 120 yards on 12 receptions.

Rookies are lookin' good.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Tom Brady. Took a hit and got back up like it was nothing. The fact that it looks like he has no lingering effects from last year is all I need to get out of the Pre Season.

I haven't been able to see any of the games but what I'm curious about is how Banta Cain, Woods, Crable and Burgess are doing at that OLB spot oppisite of Thomas. That spot is our D's weakspot
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi2Mw4kFfqc

Michael Oher has been amazing! He is a natural run blocker who mauls anyone in his way and his pass protection has done nothing but improve since the Washington game. It really looks like Baltimore has there pair of franchise Tackles set for the next decade.

Other players for the Ravens-
                            Paul Kruger - Didn't like the pick at first, but he has a non-stop motor and is very active, always around the ball and batted 3 passes down against NYJ.

Justin Harper - Droped 4 passes and caught 4 passes against Washington but bounced back in week 2 and caught everything throw his way, 2 for 28 I think. Battling Kelley Washington for the #4 spot.

Kelly Washington - I thought he was more of a special team stud but he has shown great chemistry with Joe Flacco and is giving Justin Harper a good challenge for the #4 spot.

Lardarius Webb
                            Ray Rice - mini Brian Westbrook maybe?
                            Joe Flacco - I doubt a sophomore slump.

Comment

Hartline has been doing good. He is running good routes, making some good catches but he is also dropping a couple. He had a good game against the bucs. Got 3 catches for over 70 yards and drew 2 flags. He will prob be starting on opening day.

The rookie corners Vontae Davis and Sean Smith has been playing alright. After a horrible 1st game from Davis, he has stepped it up last 2 games. Impressed by how physical he is and how good he is against the run.

Two young passrushing LB's Cam Wake and Quentin Mosses have been applying good pressure and is always around the QB.

I would have Chad Henne on this list but after lastnite, he is off of it.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

nick reed for the seahawks, this kid has been tearing up and he has a non stop motor

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
                                Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information