Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stafford named starting QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
    Gosder, and the whole line, has shown signs of improvement. In run blocking I think they will be middle of the road, and in pass pro they will still be below average but not the historically bad unit they've been.

    I still think that Backus and Gosder will give up some clean shots at Stafford and that's where he's going to have to use his quick release and get used to getting rid of the ball in those cases. But I don't think it will be flat-out target practice like some people are expecting.
    Having said that do they have their LT picked out for the 2010 draft?

    Comment


    • #17
      Watch the first series of the pre-season game against Buffalo. Him and Calvin were so sick.

      Comment


      • #18
        The less hits he takes the better he'll probably be. But behind that line, who knows.

        If K.Smith can get that run game going, a little PA will help alot.

        Comment


        • #19
          Megatron will bale him out so much. With out Megatron and Smith, he would be killed. Thankfully they have som pretty good skill players.
          Last edited by Jakey; 09-07-2009, 03:09 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            I cant wait to introduce Matthew to Mr. Allen. :-)

            Comment


            • #21
              High risk, high reward play


              Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                High risk, high reward play
                Agreed on so many levels.

                sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I don't think there's much risk. Stafford won't be rattled.

                  This will just get a head start on Stafford/Calvin becoming the most feared QB/WR combo in history.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    I don't think there's much risk. Stafford won't be rattled.

                    This will just get a head start on Stafford/Calvin becoming the most feared QB/WR combo in history.
                    Yep, thats what they said about David Carr. This is stupid move, unless the OL got 20x better.



                    Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Believe me, I get the move but I am not a fan. I know people now think rookie QB's can come in and tear it up but really this isn't the right situation. The lions were 29th running the ball, gave up the second most sacks and don't have a defense yet that will help him like the Ravens did Flacco and the running game the Falcons gave Ryan. He is the QB of the future on a team that went 0-16, let Culpepper start the season and groom Stafford to start if or when the lions feel the season is out of reach. Yes the Dolphins went 1-15 to 11-5 but is that really going to happen here? I don't think the lions' organization have proven themselves enough to make a risky move like this. I know they have CJ a top 5 wr but I think this will hurt them more than help them down the road.


                      Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                      12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

                      Steddy Ambition!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                        Yep, thats what they said about David Carr. This is stupid move, unless the OL got 20x better.
                        That's what they said about Joey Harrington too. The OL can be utter ****, which they are, but if Stafford is going to be a bust, he'll be a bust on his own. David Carr is a ****** NFL QB. Simple as that. Houston could have built the greatest OL in the history of OLs and he would have still been a bust. Stafford will be hindered by his OL until it improves, but he wont bust because of it. That's not how it works. Many QBs have played behind ****** OLs and still went on to have great careers. Big Ben just won a facking SB with one. If he's a bust, he'll be a bust regardless of their OL. Getting pressure or getting hit and facing pressure wont be anything new to Stafford. He's had three years of it in college.

                        Now, if Detroit wants to actually be any good, it might be in their best interest to draft a LT. Maybe a couple guards. A center for the future. **** like that.
                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                        Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                        I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                        Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                        I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                        Originally posted by GoRavens
                        Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                          That's what they said about Joey Harrington too. The OL can be utter ****, which they are, but if Stafford is going to be a bust, he'll be a bust on his own. David Carr is a ****** NFL QB. Simple as that. Houston could have built the greatest OL in the history of OLs and he would have still been a bust. Stafford will be hindered by his OL until it improves, but he wont bust because of it. That's not how it works. Many QBs have played behind ****** OLs and still went on to have great careers. Big Ben just won a facking SB with one. If he's a bust, he'll be a bust regardless of their OL. Getting pressure or getting hit and facing pressure wont be anything new to Stafford. He's had three years of it in college.

                          Now, if Detroit wants to actually be any good, it might be in their best interest to draft a LT. Maybe a couple guards. A center for the future. **** like that.
                          This post just constantly contradicts itself.


                          Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

                          Steddy Ambition!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            If David Carr had a decent O-line he wouldn't have picked up so many bad habits as he did getting sacked 10000000000x times... and your also going to tell me if Stafford somehow went to the Patriots without the Patriots losing any key offensive player, ala Matt Cassell he wouldn't be just a little bit better of a player.

                            Bone Krusher, the best

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Well, their are people like me and Texans fans out there that belive David Carr could have been good had he had an O-line. After taking the beating that he did in his first couple of years he became a completely diffrent QB. He showed no willingness to hold wait for a play to develop because he was afraid to get hit, his carrer went down hill because he had trust issues with his supporting cast. The same thing could happen to Matthew Stafford and it isnt a question of talent but sometimes a team can be so bad a good player can take his game down an entire level and stay there. Heath Shuler is another guy that comes to mind off the top of my head.



                              Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                              I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                We should draft a LT in Round 2 next year. Center ain't gonna happen, we signed Dominic Raiola to a 4 year extension a few months ago. The guards can definitely be upgraded though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information