Official Rookie Watch Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Rookie Watch Thread

Season starts tomorrow. Let's see how they do.

Predictions on how long until James Davis is Cleveland's starting RB anyone?

Comment

well with mangini in charge itll be when lewis retires

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
        I like James Davis a lot this year. I don't know if he'll get a lot of attention early on, but when Jamal Lewis' old body starts to show, he should get carries more and more.

I say he starts once they realize how horrible they actually are, which will be around Week 2.

Seriously though, about Week 12-15.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Alright, how long do people think before Kenny Britt scores his first TD, and how many he will get this season?

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Comment

Mike Wallce, WR, will catch a bomb for 60+ yards at some point. Mark it down ;)

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                yup agree. james will get some carries but i think jamal starts this year all the way through.

Comment

The only one really worth watching is Glen Coffee.

Comment

Rookies to watch for the eagles:

WR Jeremy Maclin - Will probably see some action in special packages for the eagles and 4 WR sets, might return some punts.

RB LeSean McCoy - #2 RB for the eagles, will probably get somewhere around 10 touches.

FS Macho Harris - Starting at FS over Quintin Demps. He has the next to impossible task of replacing a legend in Brian Dawkins in Philadelphia.

Comment

Bengals:
                      Rey Maualuga- Recently named the starter at SLB, should be a BIG contributor from the get go.

Micheal Johnson- Should get plenty of chances to rush the passer and with the improved interior pass rush, He could make some noise this season.

Bernard Scott- Been very impressive this preseason, worked his way to the #2 RB slot. May not get much love at first but if Benson struggles he should get an opportunity. Could make waves from the beginning in the passing game though.

Chase Coffman- While he has struggled thus far as a blocker, I would not be surprised to see him get some opportunities to do what he does best: catch the football. He is our ONLY legitimate receiving threat at TE with Ben Utecht being placed on IR.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

You might be able to say at the end of the year that the Browns 6th round class did more than the 2nd round class.

James Davis, Coye Francies, Kaluka Maiava vs. Mohammad Massoquoi, Brian Robiskie, David Veikune

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                          He should be starting now, but I don't think it will be long before he gets significant play time and he saw some of the 1st team reps in preseason.

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                          You're right. Leon Washington rotted on the bench under Mangini.

Coye Francies, CB: Francies was good enough in camp and preseason for the Browns to release both Rod Hood and Corey Ivy and he should be the nickelback from the world go.

Comment

We desperately need some production from our rookies; our defense doesn't have much going for it right now. But if Jerry, Moore and Sidbury can add a little pizazz we could do pretty good this season.

Comment

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                              You might be able to say at the end of the year that the Browns 6th round class did more than the 2nd round class.

James Davis, Coye Francies, Kaluka Maiava vs. Mohammad Massoquoi, Brian Robiskie, David Veikune
                              Maiava was a 4th round pick. Our 6th round pick, Don Carey, was scooped by Jacksonville and then put on their IR.

David Veikune is a long term project by virtue of the fact that Mangini is having him learn both ILB and OLB, so it remains to be seen how much he will contribute. I personally think he's going to push Barton for time as the season goes on in the middle. He should also see time as a pass rusher.

Massaquoi won the battle between he and Robiskie for now, but who knows how much he will play since Cribbs and Furrey appear to be ahead of him on the depth chart. Should be interesting. I hope the Browns run 4 WR sets because they have a talented WR group

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information