Bears Urlacher Season over after wrist injury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-Bears fans:

Please stop letting us know how critical he was to the defense. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Now,

Briggs inside...Jamar Williams in at WLB. Coaching staff has been high on him for as long as I can remember, and were confident in him taking over for Briggs when we thought he was lost as a FA a few seasons ago. Let's just see how that goes....

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
      correct.

i wouldn't mind moving brooks to WLB and Briggs to MLB and having Nick Roach/Jamar Williams play SLB...
      I would. You then take a pro bowler to move to a place where he will not be as successful and allow an aged Brooks underperform. I do not think Brooks is so much better than what we have. We need some linebackers for special teams now.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

First off, if all it takes is a wrist injury for your Captain to be done for the year, you have problems worse than i first perceived.

All seriousness aside, how in he hell does that knock you out for the year? Short of him completely losing his hand, put a damn cast on it and play like that.

Threw his season away over a dislocated wrist. Tsk tsk.

Comment

This leaves the Bears defense with zero margin for error injury wise.

Comment

Na na na nah, Na na na nah, hey hey hey, goodbye

(it's Green Bay vs. Minnesota now in the NFC North)

Comment

Wow Urlacher must really hate Cutler.

Comment

I thought the bears D looked just as good without Urlacher as they did with him last night. I think over the course of a season they will miss him, but they very well could do a good enough job if the offense gels and plays the way they did in the second half for the rest of the season. I'm not ready to count them out yet since they do still have a good d, a good running game and franchise caliber QB with some usable weapons.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                Originally posted by JBCX
                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  Wow Urlacher must really hate Cutler.
                  How ironic that he called Cutler a ***** (<-- vagina) and is now talking about missing the entire season b/c of a wrist injury.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                    How ironic that he called Cutler a ***** (<-- vagina) and is now talking about missing the entire season b/c of a wrist injury.
                    karma's a *****
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I wonder if anyone who is calling Urlacher out for going on IR has ever had a dislocated wrist? I haven't but I'm sure it's painful and requires a lot of time to heal, especially considering that if it gets jarred any more out of place it could do serious damage to the numerous ligaments and nerves that run through there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        Na na na nah, Na na na nah, hey hey hey, goodbye

(it's Green Bay vs. Minnesota now in the NFC North)
                        With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect ;) Green Bay didn't look that great either last night. Defense was good but their offense looked like dog **** for most of the game. Is that attributed to the Bears' defense or just a bad performance? We'll have to see.

Big blow though for us, Urlacher was said to be back in full health and ready to have a nice season. And yea, **** you Peter King. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                          which was said by Bobby Wade, a guy that was on a division rival. hmmmmmmm

Comment

Bears need to sign Bobby Wade.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                              I wonder if anyone who is calling Urlacher out for going on IR has ever had a dislocated wrist? I haven't but I'm sure it's painful and requires a lot of time to heal, especially considering that if it gets jarred any more out of place it could do serious damage to the numerous ligaments and nerves that run through there.
                              My buddy's girlfriend was a nationally qualified gymnist and used to compete nationally with Canada and her CAREER was ended by torn wrist ligaments when she was 18 and still wears a wrist guard/brace most of the time at home nearly 6 years later. A wrist injury isn't a little injury by any means. I'm sure he would have put one of those massive club casts on and played if he could.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                                My buddy's girlfriend was a nationally qualified gymnist and used to compete nationally with Canada and her CAREER was ended by torn wrist ligaments when she was 18 and still wears a wrist guard/brace most of the time at home nearly 6 years later. A wrist injury isn't a little injury by any means. I'm sure he would have put one of those massive club casts on and played if he could.
                                I'm not questioning Urlacher sitting out the year but a gymnast is a completely different thing with all the force they put on their hands and wrists bouncing off of them and everything else, holding onto rings and other stuff. I don't know much about gymnastics.

I think people are just wondering why they couldn't put it in a big club like you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information