No announcement yet.

Chargers send Jamal Williams to IR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AFC West race is looking a lot more interesting then it did a week ago. Anyone else wondering if the Raiders can win this division?

Comment

Well it's really great watching Corp flush the SC season down the toilet followed by learning about this, I assure you.

J-Wall is the Charger's only decent run stopper, it's open season. I'm the biggest homer around but somehow I just picked up Ray Rice on the waiver wire, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

If I had to hazard I guess, I would say look for some more 4-3 alignments with Castillo and a combination of our depth on the inside, with Merriman, Phillips, and English on the outside. There is literally no one else on the roster big enough to do a decent job at 3-4 NT.

Vaughn Martin needs to learn the ropes way ahead of schedule, otherwise it's a Cesaire/OG/Coleman rotation at the tackle spot.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        not to jinx the chargers, but does this mean that philip rivers is pretty much the only player left trying to keep this from being the worst division in the history of the nfl? that's depressing.
        Also Royal. maybe Sproles.

Comment

Could the AFC West be the first division in NFL history with a 7-9 division winner?

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            well royal's ****** with orton at the helm.

i guess LDT could find the fountain of youth somehow.

blech.
            He's out too.

No, that's not going to happen JT.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
              Could the AFC West be the first division in NFL history with a 7-9 division winner?
              Gooooo Chiefs!

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Its pretty bad was such a great Div at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                  I think this weekend will give us a big clue on the chargers. If they get a win, chances are they'll be back on track, or near it.

If not, the west plays the AFC North & NFC East. The Chargers get Miami & Tenn as their extra games. So ... 5 more division games, Cincy, Cleveland, Washington, Miami, & maybe Dallas. They need to get 7 from those 10 games, because the other 6 don't seem very winnable.

Comment

Wow, with Nick Hartwig out, LT out, Travis Johnson out, and now Jamal Williams out, and possible even Louis Vasquez, the Chargers are going to be dirt thin against the Ravens tomorrow. Hopefully Cam Cameron utilizes there Run game instead of making Flacco throw so much so early in the game to take advantage of all this. Even though San Diego's pass D sucks, I'd like the see the Ravens get back to pounding the rock, old school style.

Comment

Pound the hell out of the ball Baltimore.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

It's all moot, Rivers will throw 5 touchdown passes and run for 2 every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                          Merriman is still the most important player to that d. A big blow, but I don't think it's nearly the same caliber of lose as merriman was last year.
                          I don't know about that, you can't underrate the value to a big NT like Williams in a 3-4 defense, he makes guys like Merriman's job alot easier. He may not be what he used to be, but the guy behind him isn't anywhere close to his level, and JW still was calling for double teams.

I think losing him is bigger then Merriman, especially with the depth concerns on the line already...Merriman is obviously not 100%, it's going to take at least a few games but the few times you saw him he just looked healthy enough to play, the explosion wasn't the same at all.

Teams are going to continue to run right at SD now in the heart of the defense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information