Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank "The Tank" Gore seeking new deal

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said he expects talks with the San Francisco 49ers over a new contract for running back Frank Gore to "heat up" in the next few days. Those sentiments came shortly after Rosenhaus negotiated a six-year deal worth in excess of $32 million for running back Willis McGahee, traded from the Buffalo Bills to the Baltimore Ravens on Thursday.

I could see why he would want a new deal, but not now. He only has one full season under his belt and is asking for a new deal? If I were San Fran, I would tell him he can wait until his contract gets closer to expiring, with a year or two left, then come back and we'll talk.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Im sure everyone saw this commin
      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I would have to agree LJ had to do it for two years along with other backs.

Comment

If I'm San Francisco, I tell him to wait one more year. Due to his past injury history, I think San Francisco would be smart to be wary. I understand it from Gore's perspective, wanting to sew up some protection on account of past history, the loss of Norv, and outperforming his contract. But I think San Francisco likely holds firm here, or at least, I think they should hold firm.

Comment

Designs by Thule

Comment

I would want a new contract too if I were him, he is playing great and is getting a 3rd round salary. He definitely deserves a big fat contract already, I think.

Comment

hopefully he holds out if they dont give him the offer he wants

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

He'll get a new deal, he and mike nolan have a great relationship...nolan will definitely take care of him. Don't expect a hold out, either...Gore's not really the type of guy to that. It's not in his personality

Comment

His base salary isnt even $500,000( considerably less than guys that didnt play great last year) so after he led the NFC in rushing i would expect him to want a new deal. They better resign him.
                    Last edited by 49erfaithful; 03-08-2007, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Nolan loves him as do the team - he'll get one it just may not be as big as Rosenhaus thinks

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post

Agent Drew Rosenhaus
                        The 3 words that will scare any orginazition

Comment

Rosenhaus really isn't that bad. The Niners should at least find other ways to compensate him with roster bonuses and performance bonuses and things of that nature. I'm not sure if you can work those into already existing contracts or not, but you should be able to if not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

he should after 1600+ yards- he earns nothing compared to most guys on the team

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

hopefully he can get his worth before all that pounding takes it toll

Go Ravens!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information