49ers accuse Jets of tampering.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuan33 View Post
    Well I assume it's going to go through eugene parker and deion sanders but it's almost impossible to prove. They didn't hit the Vikings with anything last year so I figure it's almost impossible to prove.
    Teams don't come forward without evidence.
    Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
      probably a later round pick(s)
      The Patriots lost a first round pick for taping hand signals...sabataging a teams ability to sign their first round pick seems more serious than that

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
        Teams don't come forward without evidence.
        And teams have come forward before and the league hasn't taken action. Regardless of what a team comes forward with, it's going to be very difficult to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
          The Patriots lost a first round pick for taping hand signals...sabataging a teams ability to sign their first round pick seems more serious than that
          Random much? Tampering isn't all that uncommon and occasionally a team loses a late round pick. It's not the same as say, cheating in playoff games.

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
            Are you serious? How is flat out cheating even close to being as bad as tampering with an unsigned draft pick?

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
              Random much? Tampering isn't all that uncommon and occasionally a team loses a late round pick. It's not the same as say, cheating in playoff games.
              When was the last time a team lost a draft pick due to tampering? I don't recollect any recent events. The last time I've heard of a team losing a draft pick was the patriots.

Comment

49ers lost a 2008 5th rounder for tampering with Lance Briggs. They also were forced to switch draft picks with the Bears in the 3rd round.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive, from Borat.

Comment

How about this. Let the 49ers take the 9th draft slot worth of draft picks from the Jets, 1350. They can choose to take whichever ones they want for as many years as they want. Should have to declare a week before the draft which draft picks they want to take that year.

Since draft picks one season are worth more than next year ones they should get even more, say 25%-33%, making it 1700 or 1800.

They should get that regardless of whether they sign Crabtree or trade him away. And the Jets cannot trade for Cabtree or draft him if he re-enters.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                      Are you serious? How is flat out cheating even close to being as bad as tampering with an unsigned draft pick?
                      Because the 49ers 10th pick in the first round was almost stolen from them, it is the same as cheating... It is cheating.
                      Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                        How about this. Let the 49ers take the 9th draft slot worth of draft picks from the Jets, 1350. They can choose to take whichever ones they want for as many years as they want. Should have to declare a week before the draft which draft picks they want to take that year.

Since draft picks one season are worth more than next year ones they should get even more, say 25%-33%, making it 1700 or 1800.

They should get that regardless of whether they sign Crabtree or trade him away. And the Jets cannot trade for Cabtree or draft him if he re-enters.
                        Borat votes for Bucs_Rule as new NFL Commissioner.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                          49ers lost a 2008 5th rounder for tampering with Lance Briggs. They also were forced to switch draft picks with the Bears in the 3rd round.
                          All Hail Borat

Comment

If the Jets did something like promising Michael Crabtree the money he is looking for, I think that is a very serious violation as it takes away all of San Francisco's negotiation leverage if he has a guarantee to get paid next season. I think that would have to warrant consideration of forfeiting a first round pick and more.

If there was just small-time chatting between the two parties I think it would probably be similar to the Lance Briggs situation a couple years back.

When Deion Sanders ran his mouth a couple weeks ago, he almost seemed to imply teams had been contacting Crabtree and telling him they are willing to meet his demands next year. That was a red flag to me that San Francisco should look into tampering violations almost a month ago.

"Why would you settle for $20 million when you feel like you can get $40 million," Sanders said. "That's the problem."

Speaking on the NFL Network, Sanders said two teams approached the 49ers about trading for the rights to the Texas Tech receiver. Sanders said the unnamed teams "will pay this kid, and he knows that."

A 49ers spokesman said: "Those discussions never happened."
                            Source for the quote
                            http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_13274726

Comment

Only fueling the fire that Crabs re-enters the draft. Way to go, Jets (if true).
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Is the Jets receiving situation that bad that "tampering" has to be a course of action? Jerricho Cotchery seems like a decent number one receiver to build around. I haven't seen him play that much, but he seems like a decent player.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information