Early Picks for Rookie of the Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    I called Laurinitis from before week 1 and I'm sticking to that pick.
    He sure didn't look like a rookie against the SKins.

If the Rams win st least six games, IMO Laurinaitis looks strong.

Comment

Harvin is gonna be pushed by Bears rookie WR johnny Knox for OROTY.

Plus, Cutler will give him multiple opportunities to get familiar with the endzone.
      Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 09-23-2009, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
        Defensive Rookie of the Year is probably, at the moment, Rey Maualuga. He is getting good tackle numbers, but already has a sack and a Forced Fumble.
        Not to split hairs but its TWO forced fumbles ;)

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

Sanchez no doubt on offense.

On defense, well, I'm sure it's pretty obvious what I'm going to say.

Rey has put down as many big hits in 2 games as we've had in the last 5 years.

Comment

I have plenty of doubts about Mark Sanchez winning the award. He's played well, but the defense and the running game are why the Jets are winning. He's thrown 2 TD and 1 INT through two games. Those numbers are solid for a rookie quarterback, but not rookie of the year type numbers. He's certainly a big contender, but let's not give him the award yet. Percy Harvin might have something to say about it before it's all said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
              He's played well, but the defense and the running game are why the Jets are winning. He's thrown 2 TD and 1 INT through two games. Those numbers are solid for a rookie quarterback, but not rookie of the year type numbers.
              He's on pace for what, 16 TDs and 8 ints?

Obviously you can't just say he's gonna keep up the pace, but a TD a game is not hard to do.

Check this out.

12 TDs, 13 ints, 51% completion, 2200 yds, 66.7 Qb rating.

That was Vince Young's stat line when he won rookie of the year. The Titans had a good defense and running game and they won games. Sounds awfully familiar.

Comment

Barry Sanders on offense, Troy Aikman on defense. Maulaluga a close 2nd

Paul

New York Giants
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                UConn Basketball
                Virginia Tech Football
                UConn Football

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post

Obviously you can't just say he's gonna keep up the pace, but a TD a game is not hard to do.

Check this out.

That was Vince Young's stat line when he won rookie of the year. The Titans had a good defense and running game and they won games. Sounds awfully familiar.
                  what made young the ORotY was that he didnt start till like game 3 and he still had 550+ yards rushing and 7 Rushing TDs

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                    He will be the front runner on Offense easily.
                    And for good reason, not many QB's enter the league and win their first start on the road and then beat a very confusing Patriots Defense(granted it's only a fraction of what it used to be).

Comment

Sanchez and Laurinaitis. so far.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        USC is going to represent both sides of the ball.

Mark Sanchez and Rey Maualuga for sure. Atleast, that's what I've seen this far. Johnny Knox has been impressive as well but I don't think you can give it to anyone else but Sanchez as of right now.
                        If Knox does what he did last week, 6-8 more times this season. MAYBE there'll be a fight.
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post

Check this out.

I forgot about Young, probably because he was one of the most undeserving award recipients ever in the NFL. But you're right, Sanchez has the hype so if New York keeps playing well he'll probably win it.

Comment

Harvin looks good, he'll break a few long touchdowns to get into the race pretty soon here. Man he is strong for how small he is.
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                              I forgot about Young, probably because he was one of the most undeserving award recipients ever in the NFL. But you're right, Sanchez has the hype so if New York keeps playing well he'll probably win it.
                              Yeah, you have to factor in that this isn't the ROTY award that people here on NFLDC would be giving out. Sanchez is in good shape right now on hype alone, he was in the preseason, and he'll probably have to mess up to not get the award. Unfair, but that's probably what's going to happen. He may or may not deserve it, but he's got to be the favorite at the moment.

Defense I'd love to see Maualuga win it.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                                Laurinaitis. so far.
                                For continuing his college tradition and making tackles eight yards downfield?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information