tjsunstein's Week 2 Power Rankings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    I'm still not sold on the Falcons, you're right. This week is gonna be my week of either jumping on the bandwagon or finally having some justifiable proof to show everyone that i was right. I'll gladly admit if i was wrong though.

If they can force the Patriots to back to back losses (some might even say their third straight), i'll make them one of my favorites in the NFC. I wanna see what that defense does when they finally meet a REAL offense.
    Regarding the Falcons, I think if they even play a tough game against the Patriots then their ranking should be justified being the circumstances. A loss to a division rival on the road and now coming home, you would have to think that the Brady Bunch is going to put forth their best effort. The Patriots haven't lost back to back games since Week 9-10 of 2006. Of course the Falcons would drop a little lower in the top 10 but nothing drastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Diehard View Post
      That doesn't make a lot of sense. There's no clear reason the Broncos should be ranked lower than the Raiders... other than the fact that bashing the Broncos has been a popular offseason pasttime.

Btw, I noticed you picked Cleveland to beat Denver, which speaks volumes about your perspective. Thankfully, we're not as badly off as you think / would like.
      When comes the time, I'll bump the Broncos up. We'll see what the Broncos are made of when they play Dallas, New England, San Diego, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh in consecutive weeks. Why waste my time moving them up now when they're going to fall back down? I'm not one for knee jerk reactions especially a miracle to beat the Bengals and a win against the Browns. It's week 2. A lot is to be proven by this team.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        they're also banged up, especially along the defensive line. thanks for playing though. we get it, you dislike the giants, cool.

that being said, we looked like crap and are injured all on D. It'll be interesting and while I love being at #1, I'm not sure we're the best at this point in time.
        because you're banged up doesn't excuse your d giving up 250 yards.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

The Giants are in big trouble right now. The only reason why we still have a chance at a good season is bc we have great depth.

Phillips is on IR, our CB core is still banged up, Tuck will be missing for a couple of weeks at least, our DT rotation is banged up. We are ridiculously injured right now on defense.

I personally find the Ravens to be overrated but thats just me. They might have the best oline in football this year though.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
            because you're banged up doesn't excuse your d giving up 250 yards.
            when you're best run stuffing DT is banged up and coming off surgery, your other starter is out and your best run stuffing DE leaves early, and it's week 2, I'll cut them a little slack. It's inexcusable, but it has some reason behind it.

that being said, dallas has one of the better run blocking OL's in the league as well. a combo of this was not good.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

our injuries effected us, but if you look back at the tape, it was really terrible gap discipline that cost us that many yards.

particularly from Osi. that was the worst game Ive seen Osi ever have.

He by himself, could be blamed for 3 long runs which accounted for a good 120 yards on the ground.

Comment

when you're best run stuffing DT is banged up and coming off surgery, your other starter is out and your best run stuffing DE leaves early, and it's week 2, I'll cut them a little slack. It's inexcusable, but it has some reason behind it.

that being said, dallas has one of the better run blocking OL's in the league as well. a combo of this was not good.
                no excuses. but, they're just in luck facing: TB, KC, and Oakland.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  our injuries effected us, but if you look back at the tape, it was really terrible gap discipline that cost us that many yards.

particularly from Osi. that was the worst game Ive seen Osi ever have.

He by himself, could be blamed for 3 long runs which accounted for a good 120 yards on the ground.
                  indeed, so was Michael Johnson taking some of the worst angles I've ever seen.

and agreed aq, hooray for playing the AFC West and NFC South!
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

indeed, so was Michael Johnson taking some of the worst angles I've ever seen.

and agreed aq, hooray for playing the AFC West and NFC South!
                    Johnson at SS makes me want to puke. Now with Kenny on IR though, he moves back to FS. So he shouldn't be as bad in run support bc he won't be in that box anymore.

Long term though, we need a replacement for him.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                      It was week one and the Cardinals were without Breaston and Boldin wasn't even close to 100%. I also combined the expectations heading into this season with performance this far as well as potential. I still believe the Cardinals are a better football team than the 49ers 9 out of every 10 times out.

Keep the Saints offense off of the field and you can beat them. I feel like the Vikings are very capable of that and are much stronger on the defensive side of the ball. That became the deciding factor between those two, if they were to play, who do I think would win? They can be interchanged depending on who you ask.
                      I don't see what it has to do with what week it was. Arizona played like garbage and that's that. Not having Breaston or Boldin not being 100% isn't going to decide their season. Fitzgerald was held in check and Warner was getting harassed the entire day by our defensive line.

Who have the Vikings beat? Detroit and Cleveland, two of the worst teams (if not the worst) in the NFL. The Saints are coming off of a great victory in Philadelphia and Drew Brees is off to the best start in his career. Meanwhile their defense is playing a lot better in terms of getting turnovers. Darren Sharper was obviously a great addition.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

I think the 9ers should be higher.

sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          I don't see what it has to do with what week it was. Arizona played like garbage and that's that. Not having Breaston or Boldin not being 100% isn't going to decide their season. Fitzgerald was held in check and Warner was getting harassed the entire day by our defensive line.

Who have the Vikings beat? Detroit and Cleveland, two of the worst teams (if not the worst) in the NFL. The Saints are coming off of a great victory in Philadelphia and Drew Brees is off to the best start in his career. Meanwhile their defense is playing a lot better in terms of getting turnovers. Darren Sharper was obviously a great addition.

I wouldn't be so sure about Sharper after two weeks. He was TERRIBLE towards the end of his stay here. I agree that the Saints should probably be higher, but lets hold off on saying the defense is improved until they play an NFL caliber team not led by Kevin Kolb.

Comment

I need to see more from the Colts before I rank them as high as everyone else is. They struggled to beat a poor Jacksonville team, at home, and then some how pulled out a win after being dominated by Miami.

Comment

Cincinnati goes into Green Bay, plays sloppy, and still wins. However, they are 9 spots lower in your power rankings. Week Two is a bit too early to start calling fluke wins, so may I introduce to you the unfortunate likelihood, the Cincinnati Bengals are a better football team than the Green Bay Packers. They were certainly the better team on Sunday in which the Bengals outhustled, outran, and straight up out-worked the Packers team.

The Packers OL gets most of the heat, but what about their front seven which allowed 151 rushing yards to one of the league's worst running teams over the past few years, and managed only two sacks against an OL missing two of their projected starters and in flux. Greg Jennings was invisible and Rodgers to Driver was more of a late game thing as the Bengals shifted into more of a prevent defense (with 39 of his 99 yards coming in the last minute and a half). Despite that surge against the prevent defense (two drives totaling 94 yards), the Bengals were still able to outgain the Packers and win the football game (319-311). The loss could not be blamed on penalties, as the Bengals were the team that played more sloppily, committing 13 penalties totaling 100 yards.

I'm sorry, if the Bengals are not a good football team, then Green Bay is one of the league's worse. They were just 6-10 a year ago, their offensive line is one of the league worst, their running game is non-existent, their secondary is thin, and their front seven is still in transition to the 3-4 defense. Yet, they are the 14th best team in the league? They are better than the team that just came into Lambeau and beat them? Give it a rest... either you can side with some of the "experts" and acknowledge the Bengals as an up-and-coming team loaded with potential, or you can recognize the Packers as one of the league's worst 5-10 teams.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

The Broncos beat one sh*t team and one struggling team and go to number 28, while the Vikings beat two sh*t teams and go straight to number 6.

Can you feel the hate?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information