No announcement yet.

Bucs name Josh Johnson as Starting QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy is going to be the Drew Brees of the Bucs. They drafted a QB in the 1st round when they already had one underneath their nose.

Comment

Originally posted by NJX9isaH0M0 View Post
      This guy is going to be the Drew Brees of the Bucs. They drafted a QB in the 1st round when they already had one underneath their nose.
      Yea, only if Josh Johnson was as good as Drew Brees. Good luck with that.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
        Yea, only if Josh Johnson was as good as Drew Brees. Good luck with that.
        No one predicted Drew Brees to be Drew Brees.

I don't think you can say that about Josh Johnson yet.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
          No one predicted Drew Brees to be Drew Brees.

I don't think you can say that about Josh Johnson yet.
          Thats fair but Brees had a better "resume" because he played for a BCS school and he won the Maxwell Award in college. He was also a 2nd round pick. Johnson played at the University of San Diego and doesn't have much of a track record.
          Last edited by Hurricanes25; 09-29-2009, 06:39 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
            Thats fair but Brees had a better "resume" because he played for a BCS school and he won the Maxell Award in college. He was also a 2nd round pick. Johnson played at the University of San Diego and doesn't have much of a track record.
            Don't forget Brees was also f'ing terrible his first few years in the league. JJ is wicked accurate with good mobility, I have thought his skills would translate to the NFL for a long time now.

Comment

Dont get me wrong, I like Josh Johnson but Im not ready to call him the next Drew Brees.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't think we should call him anything more than a young talented quarterback until he proves he's anything more than that, but still, I've never heard a coach call a 23 year old kid a career backup. That's just astounding.
                Last edited by ElectricEye; 09-29-2009, 06:47 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  I don't think we should call him anything more than a young talented quarterback until he proves he's anything more than that, but still, I've never heard a coach call a 23 year old kid a career backup.
                  That was just wrong. Raheem Morris is a moron.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    I don't think we should call him anything more than a young talented quarterback until he proves he's anything more than that, but still, I've never heard a coach call a 23 year old kid a career backup.
                    It's kind of a stretch to call Raheem Morris a head coach, all things considered.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      It's kind of a stretch to call Raheem Morris a head coach, all things considered.
                      When the Bucs turn things around and go 13-3 you are all going to be sorry for saying things like this!

Comment

For those that missed it, Raheem explained himself in his PC yesterday with the whole career back-up thing. He said he was misinterpreted. He made the comparison to Jason Garrett again, and then Steve Young too.

I guess yall would rather your coach straight up lie and say that his 1st round pick from this past year isn't going to be their franchise QB? I think it was pretty obvious to Johnson around the time we drafted Freeman where the organization stood with him.

SMH at all the hate Raheem is getting. He's not the problem right now.

And this is 100% the right move to make Josh Johnson the starting QB. He is the best QB on our roster and gives us the best chance to win right now.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
                          SMH at all the hate Raheem is getting. He's not the problem right now.
                          Really?
                          Really?
                          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                            When the Bucs turn things around and go 13-3 you are all going to be sorry for saying things like this!
                            If this happens it will be due to the guy he called a career backup, so he's kind of in a no win scenario here.

Comment

Morris sure hell didn't make a good first impression.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by NJX9isaHOM0
                                Josh Freeman is the next Drew Brees, Book on it.
                                Excellent, little mockery. Book on it I shall.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information