Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad is the Green Bay Packers O-Line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCarthy not McCartney.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

my bad. (7 char)

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
        I swear, I bet all Texans fans that watched last nights games were having nightmarish flashbacks of David Carr running for his life in his first 3 seasons..LOL Thats how bad the Packers line is right now.

The Packers are such a good team, it's obvious what is losing them games, unless they play inept teams like the Rams the rest of the year or play nervous nelly's like Jay Cutler and his dumbfounded recievers they are looking at a 8-8 record at best.

I guess on the bright side that would give them a shot at the 2 best OT's in the 2010 draft.
        The Oline was prolly the biggest reason why the bears were still in the game and why the Bengals won

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          Clifton comes back after the bye. Let's not judge it until then. Anytime you lose your LT in the first game and RT for the last 8 years in the offseason, it definitely has an effect.
          That's a pretty good point, most of the pressure was coming from that LT area although against the Bengals it looked like the other side to me. Green Bay has always seemed to go the mid round O-lineman route, correct me if i'm wrong, but will probably have to invest an early pick this year.

On another note the 3-4, while good against the run, was not putting any pressure on the QB, Kampman is being wasted and on a related note so is AJ Hawk.

They arent alone in being bad, Seattle's O-line has been abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
            That's a pretty good point, most of the pressure was coming from that LT area although against the Bengals it looked like the other side to me. Green Bay has always seemed to go the mid round O-lineman route, correct me if i'm wrong, but will probably have to invest an early pick this year.

On another note the 3-4, while good against the run, was not putting any pressure on the QB, Kampman is being wasted and on a related note so is AJ Hawk.

They arent alone in being bad, Seattle's O-line has been abysmal.
            Our RT situation has been horrible. Allen Barbre shouldn't be on the field.

I agree, I think Kampman should put his hand on the ground more often.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Alot of this is McCartney's fault. Do some max protect. Leave guys in to block.

I understand he likes spreading the field with his WRs, but when you lose both your OTs, you gotta adjust.

I LOVE McCartney's playbook, but he needs to adjust in these situations.

Also, having a RB who isn't doodoo would be nice too.
              You probably haven't watched the Packers much this year. McCarthy has been running a lot of max protect. In fact, he has perhaps ran it too much because a lot of the sacks are coverage sacks.

Plus, the Packers' best blocker at RB (Jackson) has been out and Grant and Wynn don't seem to block very well. Their tight ends are more receiving threats as well.

Comment

why do this kind of threads always turn into one-upper-threads?

Comment

Originally posted by S T R I N G View Post
                  You probably haven't watched the Packers much this year. McCarthy has been running a lot of max protect. In fact, he has perhaps ran it too much because a lot of the sacks are coverage sacks.

Plus, the Packers' best blocker at RB (Jackson) has been out and Grant and Wynn don't seem to block very well. Their tight ends are more receiving threats as well.
                  Ive seen 2 games. Maybe I wasn't paying as much attention to it as I shouldve, but I didn't see much max protect. I could be wrong.

Comment

it's that bad.

probably the worst for a top half team in the nfl.
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by S T R I N G View Post
                      Their tight ends are more receiving threats as well.
                      Donald Lee couldn't even do that last night.

Comment

GB's TE is a bad ass. If they teach him how to block, he could be a beast.

He has all the physical tools, and looks like a real good passing threat.

Comment

i assume you are talking about Finley

Comment

Jermichael Finley. Still a bit 'raw' if you can believe that.

Comment

PFT says that the packers are going to sign Tauscher back soon. He worked out for the Chiefs last week and they passed...so that's how bad their line is.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

yeah, Finley. the name was escaping my mind. the guy is a beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information