Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre voted most overrated player

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/200...overrated.html

Sports Illustrated polled 239 NFL players prior to week two of this season on who they thought was the most overrated player in the league and the results were as follows:

Favre 13%

Tony Romo 10%

Terrell Owens 8%

Eli Manning 7%

kinda works, although Eli did silent the doubters

Comment

Romo easily imo

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
        Eli Manning 7%
        Really? The other 3 I can understand, but Eli is finally starting to look like a QB worthy of being the #1 pick that he was back in 2004. He has the 2nd highest TD pass total in the NFL and his team, particularly his offense, looks to be among the league's elite at this point. I'm starting to think reputations in the NFL lag a year or two behind performance.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

This was week two though, poll now and Favre and Eli are probably off of that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
            Really? The other 3 I can understand, but Eli is finally starting to look like a QB worthy of being the #1 pick that he was back in 2004. He has the 2nd highest TD pass total in the NFL and his team, particularly his offense, looks to be among the league's elite at this point. I'm starting to think reputations in the NFL lag a year or two behind performance.
            You have to look at it from an NFL players perspective. They're going to name guys which have gotten excessive amounts of media coverage without necessarily having the numbers or skills to warrant it. There's no mystery as to why two of the guys are quarterbacks in big markets and the other two have been as over-covered as any two NFL players in the history of the game.

Comment

IMO Romo is more overrated. For many, he is considered an elite QB even though he has not proven anything, and has a skill set that should produce better statistics, but is quite turnover prone and makes many mistakes. The only reason people say Favre is overrated is because of all his drama. He does what he is asked to do well. Manage the team, and when needed to, go ahead and take shots and try to carry the team when running the ball won't do (see game versus the Niners).

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Tony Romo hands down, he's a poor man's Brett Favre without the MVP awards and the wins. At least Favre has done something in his career.

Comment

I have to go Romo. Everyone always has an excuse for him. Until in a clutch situation he proves us all wrong than he should be labeled overrated. Still with that said I'd want him, lol.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                    I have to go Romo. Everyone always has an excuse for him. Until in a clutch situation he proves us all wrong than he should be labeled overrated. Still with that said I'd want him, lol.

Let's be honest here: he is a mediocre QB whose statistics were propped up by a Hall of Fame WR and TE. Now that Owens is gone we are seeing who Romo really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      Let's be honest here: he is a mediocre QB whose statistics were propped up by a Hall of Fame WR and TE. Now that Owens is gone we are seeing who Romo really is.
                      I agree 100%.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        Are you referring to Witten as the HoF TE or am I misreading your sentence and you didn't mean for HoF to be applied to the TE?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                          Are you referring to Witten as the HoF TE or am I misreading your sentence and you didn't mean for HoF to be applied to the TE?
                          I think Witten's going to be a hall of famer when he retires. The best TE in the league many years running and he doesn't look like he'll slow down any time soon.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Romo has been getting **** on for the last year and somehow he's overrated? Jesus christ people.
                            Last edited by Brodeur; 10-07-2009, 06:57 PM. Reason: Wrong Cowboy

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post

He's had the best start of any TE in NFL history. I think if not, he is close if he can sustain a high level of play into his thirties.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=2958

Does that title strike you as odd? Jason Witten, at least at first glance, doesn't strike me as a HOF player. In 2007, he was named a first-team All-Pro by the Associated Press, and last season he was named to its second-team. But his lack of awards to date has more to do with the dominance of Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates than the productivity of Jason Witten. But putting aside the questions of 1) exactly how good Witten has been, 2) whether or not he should make the Hall of Fame one day, or 3) whether or not he's a HOFer right now, by the time he retires it looks like he'll wind up in the Hall of Fame. And that comes as a surprise to me.

With 40 receptions and 472 receiving yards in 2009, he will have more receptions and more receiving yards than any other tight end through the age of twenty-seven

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information