Some Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
    I'd agree with you if I hadn't seen the clear decline in his pocket awareness before the injury. I can't blame the guy, I mean he was getting copious amounts of time to throw for pretty much an entire season, but I think that really served to erode his pocket awareness and the injury was just the icing on the cake. Really the same problem showed in the 2007 AFC Championship, as well as the games in the regular season that the Patriots struggled to win (the Colts, Eagles, and Ravens all got a ton of pressure on him for the majority of the game, and he was taking sacks that he wouldn't have taken in years prior), but the Super Bowl was where it reared its head the most.
    You bring up the Super Bowl, but remember, he was playing hurt during that game. It got shoved under the mat when the Giants won, but before, they were saying how Brady hurt something in his leg, which could affect his mobility.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      For those of you who didn't watch the game and saw that vid clip:

Just to clarify, the only reason why they sniffed the 10 yard line was bc Sinorice Moss fumbled a punt which they recovered at the 10.

In conclusion, Sinorice Moss sucks.

You know you suck when you suck against the Raiders. It takes a special kind of suck to suck that bad.
      I think you're being far to harsh on Moss, honestly. He messed up there but other than that he's done a solid job catching punts and even looked good on a couple of returns after that (or before) as I recall.

He will probably never work out to be worth a second round pick but if he can return kicks/punts effectively and help on special teams thats more than a lot of players who become busts can do.

Keep in mind he also mind a really nice special teams tackle in the game too!
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Just thought I'd mention that Woodley is 6'2" and not a 6' smurf. The beauty of the 3-4 is that their OLB's don't have to be great athletes as they are only asked to cover one quarter of the field while a 4-3 OLB's must cover one third of the field.
        You might not like the Cover 2 defense but both the Giants and the Steelers used it as their primary defense in their Super Bowl victories to shut down 2 great passing attacks in NE and Arizona. I think more and more teams are rotating their defenses to suit the situation rather than relying on one fixed type.
        Cincy IMO, is on the rise because of 2 factors. 1) Palmer is healthy for the
        1st time in 3 years and is just proving how much a franchise QB means to a football team. 2) Benson has finally stepped forward and become the RB every scout thought he would be when he was drafted by Chicago. These 2 factors have permitted Cincy to give their defense lots of rest during the game, a whole different story from last season.
        New England is a team that has undergone a massive defensive change and including injuries, just isn't the defensive team they were. Brady like Peyton last year, is coming off an injury and isn't performing up to snuff. He is rusty and missing open receivers like I have never known him to do. New England may slip into a playoff spot but it will be next year before they are back to where they were IMO.
        I may have to eat humble pie re McDaniels' success with his 5-0 record but I still remember that Zorn was 5-0 last year in his rookie season so I'm not yet jumping on his bandwagon but I am definitely wavering.
        It is quite obvious that Merriman is also not all the way back from his injury and when you add in how poor a HC Turner is, San Diego is a very good bet to miss the playoffs.
        I predicted Tennessee's fall from grace and I think I am the only one who predicted that VY would be their starting QB by mid season.
        The Oakland Raiders are a dead team living in the dead zone until Al Davis passes away. They will not compete again until that happens. Cable is a terrible HC but a good soldier who does what Al tells him to do. I must say that Russell never had a chance in that dysfunctional organization and I wonder if he will resurrect his career with another team.
        Mangini showed his lack of scouting ability when he traded Sanchez to the Jets, passing on a franchise QB his team so desperately needed. He was unable to project how good Sanchez would be with time and will continue to prove to be a disaster as the man who runs the draft for Cleveland.
        Dallas is a lot worse than I thought. Jerry Jones has run this franchise into the ground and no matter how good a salesman he is, this team is going nowhere fast.
        I thought Pittsburgh was dead for this season with no running attack and a mediocre OL that couldn't protect Roethlisberger without a running attack to slow up the pass rush. How wrong I was. Mendenhall is the answer to all their problems, who knew???
        Last edited by Iamcanadian; 10-12-2009, 11:21 PM.
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          he's still playing?

We actually moved Anderson to starting DT (we were desperate with Jerry's injury) and starting Biermann at LE. Anderson has been due to move inside for a while now, he is easily over 300-lbs and does well against the run.

Comment

Old Man Sharper has been giving me a woody this season.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

-Darren Sharper might be one of the least appreciated ball hawk FS's we've seen in the past 10 years. The guy just keeps doing it, but we always overlook him. He should not have been part of 3 teams. Im surprised that this guy has found a hard time sticking with a team. He's not a HOFer, but he's not so bad that he should warrant such little attention in FA.
              Great write up.

I can only speak from someone who watched him the last few years in Minny but you pretty much described why he is a great safety but also why he has had 3 teams. Sharper is a pure ball hawk, he will not prioritise the run and he will not play a zone or assignment. The Saints are using him flawlessly so far, they have told him to sit back and ball hawk, for the Vikings he was horrible the last 2 years, he would sit back and ball hawk and leave massive gaps in the zone as a result, whether you like the cover 2 or not, it is what the Vikes run/ran and he was just a really bad and costly fit in that system.

Can't speak for why the Packers let him go but I imagine it was also scheme related as that is Sharpers biggest flaw.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                To me the Pats just arent the team they were two years ago, on either side of the ball. They easily could have lost the Buffalo and Baltimore. Brady doesnt have the time to throw and to me Moss looks timid. Just my take.
                It's Brady who looks timid too, & Moss is a non-factor, caught a grand total of 1 ball Sunday. The Patriots don't have that lynchpin player that they had in the past, & they seem to run out of gas in the 4th qtr. Showing its age? Yeah. maybe this is the beginning of the end of the Beilichik Empire that has been predicted lately & overdue by 2 yrs. Miami showed that the Fins from Landshark Stadium (love that name) are circling with MVP candidate Sanchez & the Jets to take the NFC East crown.

Comment

What are you going on about C2 defense BBD?

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                    edit; maybe not.

Comment

I don't know how much blame you can really put on Rivera, the Chargers simply don't have the talent to be a good defense.

Look, their DL is terrible. Not one of those guys pulls a double team. In '06 and even '07 they had Jamal and Merriman commanding doubles leaving Castillo/Ceasire/Igor and Phillips singled and sometimes an unaccounted for blitzing Inside backer...

Look at the initial burst at the line, particularly against Pitt and Balt. The DL gets moved backwards 3 yards every running play. Their safeties and corners get more tackles on runs than their LBs. You can't scheme for that.

They have no NT. Nwagbo is getting beat one on one which now leaves an open OG to penetrate the second level and decimate their LB's. Same is true for the pass rush. They can no longer get an inside rush because there is an extra OG to pick them up.

The back 7 is also hampered by terrible players like Burnett, Cromartie, Hart, and this gimped version of Merriman. Cooper is the only guy on the front seven playing well.

I don't think Rivera is especially good, but he doesn't have much to work with right now. AJ Smith deserves most of the blame, he hasn't done a good job the past few years.
                      Last edited by Basileus777; 10-13-2009, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        - This might be the best rookie WR core we've seen in quite some time. The rookie WRs in this draft class are doing an amazing job, and all of them look like they have bright futures.

Britt, Maclin, Nicks, Percy, all are starting out great. We have up and comers in Murphy, possibly Barden, MoMas, Robiskie and Tate, and Im sure Im forgetting some others. The book is out on Crabtree.

Let's not forget the first WR taken overall, our boy DHB....

..... ......sorry Raiders fans.
                        Indeed it is very impressive how many rookie WRs are making impacts this year. Although not as impressive due to the much easier positional transition from college to pro game. I thought that this class of Rookie LBs deserve a mention too. They are all making some plays for their teams. Clay Mattews has a sack and the play were he rips the ball out of Peterson's hands, Lauriniatis picked of Favre, Maualuga has a sack 2 forced fumbles, Brian Cushing has a Safety and 3 passes defensed, and Aaron Curry has 2 sacks and 2 FFs. So far it would seem to have been a very good year to draft a LB or WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                          I don't know how much blame you can really put on Rivera, the Chargers simply don't have the talent to be a good defense.

Look, their DL is terrible. Not one of those guys pulls a double team. In '06 and even '07 they had Jamal and Merriman commanding doubles leaving Castillo/Ceasire/Igor and Phillips singled and sometimes an unaccounted for blitzing Inside backer...

Look at the initial burst at the line, particularly against Pitt and Balt. The DL gets moved backwards 3 yards every running play. Their safeties and corners get more tackles on runs than their LBs. You can't scheme for that.

They have no NT. Nwagbo is getting beat one on one which now leaves an open OG to penetrate the second level and decimate their LB's. Same is true for the pass rush. They can no longer get an inside rush because there is an extra OG to pick them up.

The back 7 is also hampered by terrible players like Burnett, Cromartie, Hart, and this gimped version of Merriman. Cooper is the only guy on the front seven playing well.

I don't think Rivera is especially good, but he doesn't have much to work with right now. AJ Smith deserves most of the blame, he hasn't done a good job the past few years.
                          The Raiders running game gashed them and Jamarcus Russell threw a td on them. Nuff said.
                          Peyton Manning Fanboy
                          Originally posted by Complex
                          They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                            i think my disdain for the base Tampa 2 scheme (as we once knew it) is well documented.

i will say this though, i don't have an issue with the play, and i don't think any teams in the league run it in its pure form anymore.

but it still sucks.

Comment

Everyone said that about the NFC West last year and we "promptly stomped out' everyone on the way to the Superbowl only to be ****** over by mr. zebra

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                                Everyone said that about the NFC West last year and we "promptly stomped out' everyone on the way to the Superbowl only to be ****** over by mr. zebra
                                The only team that has a chance in my eyes out of the West is Seattle, if they can stay healthy.

Seattle is actually a pretty good team. But Jim Mora coaches them, and Hasselbeck is injury prone.

And that oline is shakey.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information